PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Beyond Meets!

Pages : [1] 2 3

TheHumbleGeek
04-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Alright, So, another "summer" is upon us, and the meets at Chinook have started... as has the hoonigan monkey BS... So, I created the 2015 Edition thread with the following question on my brain.

Does Beyond want to keep going to chinook, given that the hoonigan's, anti-laggers, and general nuisance behaviour is already starting, or should we be looking for someplace new?

If you want to stay at chinook, what would you recommend to help us separate ourselves from the hoon's and brats that are causing EVERYONE to be asked to leave for the night?

If you want to find a new place, What is your recommendation and the reasons for that location?

Ideally, should we find a new location, it should be someplace relatively centrally located, away from traffic but close to major roadways, and someplace where the companies wouldn't mind having a large group of cars meet on a regular basis...

So, what say you, Beyond?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-09-2015, 11:11 AM
We need a closed lot that we can deny people access to if they aren't acting appropriately. Also it would be great to have a closed thread for meets that is only viewable by members much like Ask Leo.

killramos
04-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
We need a closed lot that we can deny people access to if they aren't acting appropriately. Also it would be great to have a closed thread for meets that is only viewable by members much like Ask Leo.

Not really useful now that registration is re opened.

There would have to be some other kind of lock like manual member approval or minimum number of car posts or weeks.

ercchry
04-09-2015, 11:18 AM
or... option D, merge into the grey eagle meets

eglove
04-09-2015, 11:44 AM
No matter where we would go the dipshits will follow.

TheHumbleGeek
04-09-2015, 11:48 AM
This is unfortunately true....

Mind, a closed lot and written permission from management would allow the organisers to eject those that misbehave...

Ill add that option, thanks!
EDIT: nevermind.... *sigh*

killramos
04-09-2015, 12:57 PM
We can hold the meets in Sugarphreaks garage. Its big enough!

Sugarphreak
04-09-2015, 01:01 PM

killramos
04-09-2015, 01:02 PM
:rofl:

I thoroughly expect BBQ, and whoever starts eating first says grace!

pheoxs
04-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

It will be just like Doms house!

http://i.imgur.com/K7FSyhVm.jpg (http://imgur.com/K7FSyhV)

Fixed that for you.

Sugarphreak
04-09-2015, 01:14 PM

never
04-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Meet in the mall lot out in Bragg Creek. Then you get a bit of a cruise out of it. And can always take an extra jaunt up Highway 66 and back, just for some fun (when the gates at Powderface open).

ercchry
04-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by never
Meet in the mall lot out in Bragg Creek. Then you get a bit of a cruise out of it. And can always take an extra jaunt up Highway 66 and back, just for some fun (when the gates at Powderface open).

isnt that road mostly gravel?

Tik-Tok
04-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Nice :rofl:

There are tons of parking lots near the Mount Royal area that are out of the way with quick access off of Glenmore. For instance, the massive lot at 4954 Richard Rd SW is totally deserted in the evenings. That area of town is also pretty quiet in the evening, so it shouldn't attract unwanted attention.

This lot is pretty big. I doubt there would be any shenanigans either.

http://goo.gl/maps/DSTv2

killramos
04-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

This lot is pretty big. I doubt there would be any shenanigans either.

http://goo.gl/maps/DSTv2

Well played!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tik-Tok
04-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by killramos

Well played!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There's even a circle to drift around, for those daring enough.

killramos
04-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Dead serious. That kind of location would actually increase the odds of me attending a meet.

i have just about 0 tolerance for peoples BS.

Besides its in my quadrant :rofl:

pheoxs
04-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Would ikea work? the NW corner of the parking lot is behind Ikea (overflow) and I've never seen a car there so it's always empty. Easy access and relatively accessible.

Though I guess if we're doing in the parking lot of businesses would be have to get an okay from them to use the lot? Or is it just public parking so it's fine (provided people aren't stunting and such)

killramos
04-09-2015, 02:56 PM
^ Just go buy some meatballs and all will be fine

ercchry
04-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Besides its in my quadrant :rofl:

gross

flipstah
04-09-2015, 03:21 PM

It will be just like Doms house!

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/238/0/7/fast_and_furious_in_house_2001_vs_2013__movie__hq_by_gturbo5-d6jsq9v.jpg

I know it's suppose to be satire but it's true. :thumbsup:

eglove
04-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs
Would ikea work? the NW corner of the parking lot is behind Ikea (overflow) and I've never seen a car there so it's always empty. Easy access and relatively accessible.

Though I guess if we're doing in the parking lot of businesses would be have to get an okay from them to use the lot? Or is it just public parking so it's fine (provided people aren't stunting and such)

Security will shut it down quick

flipstah
04-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by eglove

Security will shut it down quick

Not if I come out with meatballs and ice cream every Wednesday. Then again, that's how I'd end up as a giant ball of destruction.

killramos
04-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

Not if I come out with meatballs and ice cream every Wednesday. Then again, that's how I'd end up as a giant ball of destruction.

Exasperbate your rubbing problem :rofl:

flipstah
04-09-2015, 03:41 PM

Exasperbate your rubbing problem :rofl:

IT'S A GLANDULAR ISSUE. :cry:

Probably.

Fuck, GE is so far away. By the time I get off of work and get the car to drive there, no spot is available. :banghead:

ercchry
04-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

IT'S A GLANDULAR ISSUE. :cry:

Probably.

Fuck, GE is so far away. By the time I get off of work and get the car to drive there, no spot is available. :banghead:

its like 15min away from you :nut:

just leave earlier... or later... if you leave later the really old people leave and that frees up some room... they have to be in bed by 9 :rofl:

never
04-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

isnt that road mostly gravel?

Nope, all of 66 is paved. Powderface Trail after 66 is gravel.

Unless it's a 4x4 or AWD/rally meet, suggesting a gravel road for a cruise would be kinda silly.

BlueHaloGirl
04-09-2015, 05:49 PM
How about Deerfoot Outlet Mall on 64th Ave and Deerfoot Tr. Large parking lot and almost always empty in the far corner over by where Sears used to be.

Another option but not central at all is Cross Iron Mills parking lot..so much empty space close to Lowes. Plus you get a cruise in on the way out!!

Or if we go just outside the city Calaway Park lot!!

90_Shelby
04-09-2015, 05:55 PM
or... option D, merge into the grey eagle meets

+1

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by BlueHaloGirl
How about Deerfoot Outlet Mall on 64th Ave and Deerfoot Tr. Large parking lot and almost always empty in the far corner over by where Sears used to be.

Another option but not central at all is Cross Iron Mills parking lot..so much empty space close to Lowes. Plus you get a cruise in on the way out!!

Or if we go just outside the city Calaway Park lot!!

Deerfoot mall is not welcoming to anyone other than spring thaw.

StreetRacerX
04-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Grey Eagle would be great except even with people coming and going you would never get all the Beyond members parked together, especially when people show up at 8 lol

automotivat3d
04-09-2015, 08:49 PM
I would suggest Southcentre Mall, I'm good friends with some of the security guards there but then again 1. it's Southcentre and 2. who goes there :rofl:

StreetRacerX
04-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Haven't been to Southcentre in a long ass time but if there's lots of open parking why the hell not.

J.M.
04-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by StreetRacerX
Haven't been to Southcentre in a long ass time but if there's lots of open parking why the hell not.

They've blocked off an entire section of parking in between Shoppers Drug Mart and the main entrance lol

Probs have luck meeting out back closer to CIBC. That lot seems to be pretty empty most of the time.

BlueHaloGirl
04-10-2015, 09:32 AM
South center is not central at all though...for those of us in the north that's a long ass drive. Chinook is better.

k1l4m
04-10-2015, 10:17 AM
South center is not central at all though

Another option but not central at all is Cross Iron Mills parking lot

:dunno:

Tik-Tok
04-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by k1l4m

:dunno:

But it's closer to herrrrr. :rofl:

I also love that she's willing to drive 20 minutes to Chinook, but not 23 minutes to SouthCentre.

Sugarphreak
04-10-2015, 12:08 PM

J.M.
04-10-2015, 12:18 PM

But it's closer to herrrrr. :rofl:

I also love that she's willing to drive 20 minutes to Chinook, but not 23 minutes to SouthCentre.

:rofl: :rofl:

:werd: SouthCentre isn't that far away from Chinook.

ercchry
04-10-2015, 12:27 PM

It is an interesting mix of cars and people, but I don't think it is a good idea to try and force the Beyond meet on it.

but its soooo close to your house! all the cool kids from beyond already go there anyways. its not like the addition of 10 more cars tot he mix is going to hurt anything. plus free food AND beer... plus gambling

BlueHaloGirl
04-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Yes I know I mentioned cross iron and did say it's not central, but huge parking lot is all I was thinking....potential.
If the beyond meet moves to southcenter yes I would drive there. I just meant it's getting further south and less central.
Tough call....hey I'd drive to Cochrane if that's where we decided to have the meets.

BavarianBeast
04-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Why not meet at one of the overflow parking lots for the zoo?

Easy access off memorial drive and central.

eglove
04-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast
Why not meet at one of the overflow parking lots for the zoo?

Easy access off memorial drive and central.

That's all pay parking though and private property

ercchry
04-10-2015, 03:00 PM
pay parking.... now there is an idea! that would keep the broke ass barlow kids out. how about that lot on 9th where everyone takes pics? top level, pay to park... they cant get mad... you're a paying customer!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-10-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm too cheap to pay for parking at a meet :P

BavarianBeast
04-10-2015, 03:03 PM
It's ParkPlus, you don't have to pay those :nut:

killramos
04-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast
It's ParkPlus, you don't have to pay those :nut:

Umm Yes you do :rofl:

ercchry
04-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
I'm too cheap to pay for parking at a meet :P

that lot is $2 after 6pm :rofl:

BavarianBeast
04-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Oh, ParkPlus is CoC.

Must of been thinking Parklink or whatever the fuck the neon green and blue one is.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-10-2015, 03:12 PM

that lot is $2 after 6pm :rofl:

$2 is $2!

$2 a week I could afford lol.

ercchry
04-10-2015, 03:15 PM
i think that lot is a winner, cant get any more central than downtown... amazing views for pics... and a fnf toyko drift vibe :rofl:

killramos
04-10-2015, 03:17 PM
i think that lot is a winner, cant get any more central than downtown... amazing views for pics... and a fnf toyko drift vibe :rofl:

+ Craft/National is right there for CCR :rofl:

MGCM
04-10-2015, 04:14 PM

Amazing idea, not only will the barlow kids stay away, if they do come their barlow antics will land them infront of a set of cherries, tons of CPS downtown so it would encourage good bahavior by all.:eek: We have a Winner Winner!

flipstah
04-10-2015, 04:18 PM
pay parking.... now there is an idea! that would keep the broke ass barlow kids out. how about that lot on 9th where everyone takes pics? top level, pay to park... they cant get mad... you're a paying customer!

:thumbsup:

Sorath
04-10-2015, 04:21 PM
max bell :dunno:

MGCM
04-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Sorath

No FnF vibe:thumbsdow

ercchry
04-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Sorath

way too close to that sketchy part of town where all the barlow kids live :rofl:

88CRX
04-10-2015, 04:34 PM
That parkade on 9th is not slammed friendly. Scraaaape every level up and scrape every level down. And exit is brutal too.

Everyone always has this discussion but beyond meets are at chinook.

ercchry
04-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
That parkade on 9th is not slammed friendly. Scraaaape every level up and scrape every level down. And exit is brutal too.

Everyone always has this discussion but beyond meets are at chinook.

think its time for a cup kit... :bigpimp:

TheHumbleGeek
04-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Yea, Im not sure I like the idea of paid parking for the meets either... but downtown works if there is a place that allows parking for free and is lowz-friendly... Id also be okay with the zoo... *facepalm* I think I might know a place...

TheHumbleGeek
04-10-2015, 04:59 PM
nevermind... Thought there was a lot just off 8ave NE on the west side of deerfoot, but can't find it on google, its all nosehill park :(

roll_over
04-10-2015, 05:57 PM
A&w near the automall? But its on the NE border

automotivat3d
04-11-2015, 01:31 AM
I wouldnt mind having a slammed friendly F&F Tokyo Drift area for the meet, as long as I dont got to pay $5+ for entrance then it's all good LOL

Originally posted by J.M.
Probs have luck meeting out back closer to CIBC. That lot seems to be pretty empty most of the time.
CIBC area is always empty

South center is not central at all though...for those of us in the north that's a long ass drive. Chinook is better.
I commute to Cross every single day and I live in Bridlewood/Evergreen area, it's not thaaat far.
Why worry? It's not like you're driving a super/hyper car and afraid to put KMs on it :rofl:

:rofl:

300zxfairlday
04-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Southcenter definitely not central

speedog
04-11-2015, 08:49 AM
So people want...
Largish parking lot
Preferably free parking
Preferably little hassle from security
Slammed friendly
Not NE/Barlow Tim's crowd amicable
Central location
Would McMahon east side work - sounds like it's free after 6PM, not sure what the security there is like. Certainly is quite central and easy to access.

I do know that we've parked for free at the NE part on weekends and even late weekday afternoons for either high school or Dino football games and have never been given a ticket or been hassled. This would be north of the CT ParkNRide area.

killramos
04-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by speedog
So people want...
Largish parking lot
Preferably free parking
Slammed friendly
Central location
Would McMahon east side work - sounds like it's free after 6PM, not sure what the security there is like. Certainly is quite central and easy to access.

I do know that we've parked for free at the NE part on weekends and even late weekday afternoons for either high school or Dino football games and have never been given a ticket or been hassled. This would be north of the CT ParkNRide area.

You forgot constant police presence to keep the hoonigans in check?

speedog
04-11-2015, 09:07 AM
McMahon NE would also be known as U of C lot 73, can't seem to find any details with respect to hours of operation/pay parking.

Sugarphreak
04-11-2015, 09:39 AM

speedog
04-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Doesn't Stampede have a bunch of massive paved overflow lots that are not locked up?
If you're talking about the ones between 12th and 14th Avenues and Olympic Way (4th St.) and 5th Street - those are all gated and there's Stampede security which watches over these quite closely.

MGCM
04-11-2015, 10:04 PM
i say we do the downtown non-slammed friendly lot, cmon u guys that are slammed like scrappin around town anyways:thumbsup: all u need is a F1 spec titanium skidplate and the spark show would be awesome:rofl:

TheHumbleGeek
04-12-2015, 02:36 AM
So people want...
Largish parking lot
Preferably free parking
Slammed friendly
Central location

You forgot constant police presence to keep the hoonigans in check?

I would be okay with McMahon... and if someone with some connections could get in touch with those in charge of that property, using one of the gated yards (combined with a way to verify who is actually part of the beyond group) would allow them , and us, to have a place to meet without worrying about stunting etc, BECAUSE if we have written permission, that will also allow us to boot out anyone who really starts misbehaving... and no, I don't mean alittle revving or stuff like that, but racing/drifting/etc... of course, theres also the chance that once the owners/managers start getting to know our group, we MIGHT be able to rent larger lots for a weekend, to stage driver training events, autoX, etc... Id also be okay with getting in touch with the CPS district office, so that they would be aware that we arent street racers, we arent the barlow group, and that they would be welcome to come down on any meet night, and hang out, meet people, etc...

Originally posted by MGCM
i say we do the downtown non-slammed friendly lot, cmon u guys that are slammed like scrappin around town anyways:thumbsup: all u need is a F1 spec titanium skidplate and the spark show would be awesome:rofl:
Seconded! I wanna see a spark-off! :p

Shlade
04-12-2015, 11:47 AM
Keep it at Chinook ffs... I live far SW and definitely wouldn't drive further than Chinook... But I show up once in a blue moon

automotivat3d
04-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
Keep it at Chinook ffs... I live far SW and definitely wouldn't drive further than Chinook... But I show up once in a blue moon
What's wrong with driving beyond Chinook?

01RedDX
04-12-2015, 12:18 PM

xnvy
04-12-2015, 12:28 PM
What if we go to some tucked away corner in the parkade at Chinook? That would suck though because no sun.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-12-2015, 01:13 PM
It doesn't really matter. People will still go to Chinook, people will still go to Grey Eagle, and if you setup a new location, people will show up to that as well.

automotivat3d
04-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
What if we go to some tucked away corner in the parkade at Chinook? That would suck though because no sun.
Where do you have in mind? might use that as a new parking space

flipstah
04-12-2015, 09:34 PM
This is unnecessarily complicated.

TheHumbleGeek
04-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Agreed...

Here's what Im thinking/proposing at this time...

Meet on wednesday at chinook at say 7:15, chill until around 8:15 or so, then caravan up to mcmahon, and stay until you wanna leave....

What do people think?

MGCM
04-14-2015, 12:57 AM
Northland mall? The covered parking over between A&W and Mcdicks. Would have a bit of a FnF feel to it.

16hypen3sp
04-14-2015, 02:24 AM
Why keep having it on Wednesday if GE is Wednesday?

MGCM
04-14-2015, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

ppl are stubborn, best night is Thursday night, a pre-weekend meet.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-14-2015, 07:42 AM
Northland mall? The covered parking over between A&W and Mcdicks. Would have a bit of a FnF feel to it.

Nothing like hiding from the sun in the shade.

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

Because the Beyond Chinook meets have been around longer than GE, let alone GE's wild Wednesdays?

Kijho
04-14-2015, 08:52 AM
Someone mentioned McMahon on the previous page, sounds like a decent spot.
People will always be @ Chinook though... I just want a meet so I can some nice cars :p

Krutisvr6
04-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Just moved back to Calgary and have been out of the loops what car meets are their currently any this week?

MGCM
04-14-2015, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

Nothing like hiding from the sun in the shade.

Park up top when its nice out, gets ugly we can all go down to the covered section.:dunno: Seems like a good spot to me.

speedog
04-14-2015, 03:55 PM
Best to get on the good side of security at Northland as soon as possible as I suspect they won't be keen on any FnF antics - they very actively patrol their lots.

Frank_White
04-14-2015, 10:31 PM

+1 :thumbsup:

BlueHaloGirl
04-16-2015, 12:00 PM
So went to Chinook last night. There were a few of us there not a large crowd. There was no stunting last night no rowdy's just a few of us mingling and talking about our cars. Didn't matter, we are not welcome anymore.
4 mall security showed up and told us all that we are not welcome. Chinook does not want any car groups meeting there. They said we had to leave or they would call the police and even mentioned that they are watching the lot as well as Hawks. Needless to say we moved over to Grey Eagle and had a nice visit there and we were not disturbed.

So...guess that's that for Chinook. They sure didn't seem like they even wanted to listen to us. They don't seem to car that they will even loose some business because of this.

Heru-Farukon
04-16-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm pretty sure this had been discussed before
or even in the old thread.

But why not just go buy something and hang around.
You'll be a paying customer at that point

eglove
04-16-2015, 01:14 PM
RIP Chinook - thanks to all the retards and skeezers. Not surprising though

speedog
04-16-2015, 01:20 PM
So just because you're all so lame, here you go.

Lot 73 on the NE side of McMahon - free after 6:00PM, this I confirmed with U of C parking services who runs this lot. They did say that someone should contact the McMahon security people to discuss which I did not do because I do not attend these meets. I do, however, have a name and contact number for whomever is willing to take this on, PM me for their details.

https://www.ucalgary.ca/map/files/map/ParkingMap2_Nov_2013.png

Graham_A_M
04-16-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm not the least bit surprised. So many idiots not even from beyond that went to Chinook. Most of those were responsible for the typical engine revving, stunting and general stupidity that's the cause of why were not allowed to meet there anymore.
Some would say, Chinook will be missing out on the extra business by the meets not being there, but truth be told the added business was minimal in terms of the crap that went on that they had to deal with.

Unfortunately, now much of the same crowd will migrate to GE..... hopefully they'll be a lot faster to pull the trigger in terms of having those bad apples permanently banned from there.

88CRX
04-16-2015, 01:39 PM
Good thing we go to Chinook to eat in the food court.

Kijho
04-16-2015, 02:58 PM
So just because you're all so lame, here you go.

Lot 73 on the NE side of McMahon - free after 6:00PM, this I confirmed with U of C parking services who runs this lot. They did say that someone should contact the McMahon security people to discuss which I did not do because I do not attend these meets. I do, however, have a name and contact number for whomever is willing to take this on, PM me for their details.

Isn't this lot used for C-Train parking though? It could be pretty full on a Wednesday work-day with randoms cars??

speedog
04-16-2015, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Kijho

Isn't this lot used for C-Train parking though? It could be pretty full on a Wednesday work-day with randoms cars??

Doesn't matter, it's free after 6 and most of those LRT parkers are probably gone by then and especially so for the northern part of the lot.

ercchry
04-16-2015, 04:13 PM

Doesn't matter, it's free after 6 and most of those LRT parkers are probably gone by then and especially so for the northern part of the lot.

what if there is a flames game? or football game?

killramos
04-16-2015, 04:13 PM
imo the lot on the west side of the stadium is more ideal. Always empty, nice and shady.

Fair number of people use the lot to learn to drive or ride bikes actually.

Anything on the other side of the stadium will draw more scrutiny imo.

killramos
04-16-2015, 04:14 PM

what if there is a flames game? or football game?

Then why are you at a beyond meet. Go watch the game!

:goflames:

ercchry
04-16-2015, 04:15 PM

Then why are you at a beyond meet. Go watch the game!

:goflames:

if i wanted to have a nap, or drink beer i'd do it somewhere quieter/cheaper :poosie: