PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Gunn haircut review: Fantastic.

Robin Goodfellow
04-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Been going to Aveda Academy the last few years, until I learned that Aveda financially supports Israel's slaughtering of Palestinian civilians[1].

Tried a few places since then, but nothing to write beyond about.

Tried Tommy Gunn's a few times, and was mildly pleased. The haircuts were well done, and they were convenient to me, so I kept going back.

Anyhow, Today, at TG's, had simply the best haircut I've had in years.

A really noteworthy feature: Once you check in, you can browse the mall, until they're ready for you and call you back with a txt to your phone.

They also have TV projected onto their mirrors, if you like that sort of thing. (I find it visually annoying).

An odd observation: All of the ladies cutting hair seemed a little more interesting than the many others I've met elsewhere.

Today's TG experience was exceptional, and all have been above average.

Will be consistently returning.

[1] aka Israel's right to defend itself.

NoPulp
04-10-2015, 10:26 PM
I've been continuously going back to tommy guns in Lethbridge. It helps my friends family owns it, but the service is by far the best I've had every time. Its also very convient, always get within 20mins and in the mean time I can wander the mall or sit in their nice store.

Sugarphreak
04-10-2015, 10:32 PM

ercchry
04-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Yeah southcentre one is good, went to highschool with one of the girls too

BMDUBS
04-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Ya I will have to try this out. Paid $47.25!!!!! for a hair cut plus tip yesterday at Angles. Fucking ridiculous.

Graham_A_M
04-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Hmm, I wish you would have got her name, I'd go if I knew she was working. Which one did you go to?

lee88
04-11-2015, 03:54 PM
South trail crossing barber shop :thumbsup:

chathamf
04-11-2015, 03:57 PM
That's basically a salon for men. Hit up a real barbershop with real barbers. Dalhousie Barbershop by Co-op has three different guys and all do a great job. 19 bucks.

toster
04-12-2015, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow
Been going to Aveda Academy the last few years, until I learned that Aveda financially supports Israel's slaughtering of Palestinian civilians[1].

Tried a few places since then, but nothing to write beyond about.

Tried Tommy Gunn's a few times, and was mildly pleased. The haircuts were well done, and they were convenient to me, so I kept going back.

Anyhow, Today, at TG's, had simply the best haircut I've had in years.

A really noteworthy feature: Once you check in, you can browse the mall, until they're ready for you and call you back with a txt to your phone.

They also have TV projected onto their mirrors, if you like that sort of thing. (I find it visually annoying).

An odd observation: All of the ladies cutting hair seemed a little more interesting than the many others I've met elsewhere.

Today's TG experience was exceptional, and all have been above average.

Will be consistently returning.

[1] aka Israel's right to defend itself.

If you remember her name you can ask for her again, wait time might be a little longer but worth it in my mind. Also just ask for the remote to shut off the TV! Or ask her to do that l find the TV annoying to!

tenth
04-21-2015, 11:02 AM
I've had mixed experiences with Tommy Gunn. I liked the no appointment system and notifications, but after a while I was continually getting the unattractive older ladies trying to sell me product the entire cut at southcentre (I'm guessing they get commission). That was frustrating and certainly not worth the premium they charge. I switched to Best of 7 Barbers in Bow Valley Square for a while, which was a better experience, before a buddy started cutting part time at Second Mile.

zipdoa
04-21-2015, 11:18 AM
in before Hitempguy1 makes a homophobic post :rofl:

01RedDX
04-21-2015, 11:34 AM