PDA

View Full Version : Computstar remote - Battery life suddenly got awful

ExtraSlow
04-13-2015, 02:30 PM
We've got a Compustar starter in my wife van, and it came with the 2W901R-SS remote with a rechargeable battery. Battery life has been good, lasting several months per charge, until this week. Very suddenly, a charge will last approximately 1 day before being so dead that the display shuts off and the remote is inoperative.

Thoughts? I did a quick search on the gizzogle, but nothing popped up. Is that battery easily replaceable? We can't continue with this situation.

Dertz
04-14-2015, 09:06 AM
Where did you get it done? and how long have you had it? the 901 remotes have a 2 year warranty which is usually an over the counter exchange.
This include the battery messing up with most shops that sell it.

ExtraSlow
04-14-2015, 09:33 AM
I'll give The boys at Autotech a call. It's less than two years for sure.

Dertz
04-15-2015, 11:47 AM
Let me know if it works out for you!
If they say buy another remote, don't do it right away.
You could find elsewhere for less and you can do programming easy.

ExtraSlow
04-15-2015, 01:01 PM
The guy at AutoTech says he can get a new one under warranty. I will be taking it in to him soon.

Dertz
04-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Awesome to hear mang.
Did you ask about the replacements warranty?
If they honor another 2 years on it, may want to ask for a warranty service replacement invoice with a date.
The remote itself is just over $200.00 at most places.
Glad to hear it worked out, so far lol:D

ExtraSlow
04-30-2015, 01:19 PM
So no issues, the guys at AutoTech had to send it away, but we got the replacement remote today and there was zero cost to us.
I don't think the new part has warranty from today, I think it's just part of the original warranty. No service invoice was issued.

Thumbs up to AutoTech. Would use again.

Dertz
04-30-2015, 02:48 PM
Good to hear!
Glad it worked out, it's an awesome remote.

Man, get that avatar back lol

ExtraSlow
04-30-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm keeping this avatar as long as the flames are playing this spring. I'll be back to ugly fat rednecks after they win the cup.