PDA

View Full Version : Ducks Practice Times at the Dome / Hotel

Gorilla
05-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Anyone know when the ducks are practicing at the dome? Or which hotel they are staying at? My kids are huge Getzlaf fans and I want to take them down for an autograph

roopi
05-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Don't teams normally stay at the Sheraton Eau Claire?

ExtraSlow
05-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Westin and Sheraton Eau Claire are common locations. During the playoffs, sometimes teams stay further away and/or try to be tricky about it to avoid getting too mobbed.

Good luck getting an autograph. There are processional dirtbags who shadow these gusy every time they step out from the hotel, and they'll elbow your kid out of the way in a heartbeat.

94CoRd
05-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Heard on 960 today, they are spending the night in Banff. Not sure about tomorrow night though.

mr2mike
05-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
There are processional dirtbags who shadow these gusy every time they step out from the hotel, and they'll elbow your kid out of the way in a heartbeat.

Yep, I see more grown men with multiple pieces of ebayware ready to be signed and put back up for sale, than kids wanting to meet their hero.

sexualbanana
05-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Good luck getting an autograph. There are processional dirtbags who shadow these gusy every time they step out from the hotel, and they'll elbow your kid out of the way in a heartbeat.

True. But the players also know who those guys are, and are less likely to go out of the way to sign stuff for them.

C_Dave45
05-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike

Yep, I see more grown men with multiple pieces of ebayware ready to be signed and put back up for sale, than kids wanting to meet their hero.
x2 on that! We gave up. I wrote the Sharks an email to their PR people asking about a chance to get an autograph for my boy. I mentioned him being developmentally disabled, Thornton his favorite player, blah blah blah....even had a friend who knew Couture personally and he sent him an email as well.
Best they offered was "go down after practice at the North end of the dome". So we did that...and they had a bunch of us stand at the top of the driveway, no closer than 100 feet from the bus...none of the players even ventured our way.

That's why he likes Junior players. They're only too glad to give autographs.

mr2mike
05-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Sad story Dave.
I did hear Tavares went out of his way to meet a kid who idolized him in Winnipeg.

heavyfuel
05-09-2015, 08:33 AM
Maybe if these egotistical overpaid fucks would sign anything and everything for everyone all the time, eventually the merch would have no value for greasy Ebayers and the kids would have priceless and cherished items. Problem solved.

D'z Nutz
05-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Sad story Dave.
I did hear Tavares went out of his way to meet a kid who idolized him in Winnipeg.

Tavares heard about the kid after he was bullied and teased for being an Islanders/Tavares fan during a game against them.

C_Dave45
05-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Sad story Dave.
Meh...it is what it is. lol

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Tavares heard about the kid after he was bullied and teased for being an Islanders/Tavares fan during a game against them.
There are a few nice stories. The cynic in me come to fore though...most of these players are "coached" as to how to be their own PR firm. How to dress, act, what charities to support etc. A feel good story like this only improves Tavares' exposure and notoriety. And instead of signing autographs wherever his fans are (time consuming) he can devote one 30 minute slot and it hits worldwide news.

Here's the difference:

We were in BC visiting family. Two junior A players had been traded from the Calgary Canucks to a team out west. We went to one of their games and my boy managed to high 5 these guys in the tunnel and they were surprised to see him. I asked the trainer if we could get some pics with them after the game. Well they managed to take a horrible last second loss in a very important game. They all stormed off in anger (reasonable). Both my boy and I said "Let,s just let them be..we'll see them another time". 20 minutes later on our way home he gets a message on his Facebook: "Curtis....are you still here at the arena?" They were going to come back out for photos with us!

We managed to go to another road game two days later in another city and finally got his pics there.

To him these guys are his Gods lol

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/CalgaryDave/Curtis%20Eagles_zpsjn0n43bh.jpg

CompletelyNumb
05-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Hit the nail on the head there, all about PR. Best way to get attention is to be popular on twitter, have your facebook post go viral, or be on the news.

googe
05-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Some people just want to be left alone, and it's wrong to take it personally.