PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wanna paint a GM fender for me?

Darkane
05-15-2015, 04:23 PM
I have an '86 Trans Am with Base black paint and I'm replacing a fender on it.

I'm toying with just spray painting with a coat of clear, but if anyone had a gun and some spare GM black paint (Long shot) I would of course pay for your efforts.

Fender is brand new and would need a primer/base + clear.

I'm not sure what a shop would charge me for this (Estimating 300-500) but I would pay 100 or so. Maybe more if it was a fancy backyard operation lol.

Thanks Beyond.

Graham_A_M
05-15-2015, 07:23 PM
If you can wait until Tuesday, I have a buddy whose an auto body tech that also does paint, he's very reasonable, so I think that 300-400 would be a high estimate personally. He should have lots of gloss black in stock from other projects. I have a spray gun and compressor myself but it's at the farm and I'm back in town, Shitty. I could have brought it back to use.

BAB Inc
05-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Pm me I can do it for 250.

Thanks

Darkane
05-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by BAB Inc
Pm me I can do it for 250.

Thanks

Thanks. I got it taken care of.

I will keep you in mind for the future. Spray booth setup or?

BAB Inc
05-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

Thanks. I got it taken care of.

I will keep you in mind for the future. Spray booth setup or?

full body shop with booth any everything.

eglove
05-22-2015, 09:46 AM
How much would a 2010 Camaro SS bumper cost to paint?

SJW
05-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
If you can wait until Tuesday, I have a buddy whose an auto body tech that also does paint, he's very reasonable, so I think that 300-400 would be a high estimate personally. He should have lots of gloss black in stock from other projects. I have a spray gun and compressor myself but it's at the farm and I'm back in town, Shitty. I could have brought it back to use.

Ask him if he'll do a bondo job and paint for my chevy 3/4 ton.

If he wants to do it on the side. I don't give a shit what shade of black.

http://i.imgur.com/vKoOxxj.jpg

civicrider
05-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Still need it done I could splash it for you. PM me and i'll give you a good price, I don't want to start a war on here.....

SR240SX
05-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by eglove
How much would a 2010 Camaro SS bumper cost to paint?

I know a guy who does odd jobs for extra coin, did the rear bumper on my S13 for $200 which included prep and materials. I'm sure I could get you in touch with him.

infected
05-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Anyone know if these 'side job guys' do full repaints?

BAB Inc
05-29-2015, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by infected
Anyone know if these 'side job guys' do full repaints?

how much you looking to spend for a full repaint?

infected
05-30-2015, 09:20 AM

how much you looking to spend for a full repaint?

No idea. Someone please educate me on what the going rate for a typical respray is nowadays :dunno:

BAB Inc
06-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by infected

No idea. Someone please educate me on what the going rate for a typical respray is nowadays :dunno:

To give you and idea, if the car is clean (minor chips and scratches) your looking around 6-7k, thats without door jams, under hood and trunk lid.

with door jams....etc your looking around 8-9k, typically its not necessary to paint door jams unless your doing a color change.

hope that helps

infected
06-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Sure does. Thanks!

03ozwhip
06-03-2015, 08:49 AM

To give you and idea, if the car is clean (minor chips and scratches) your looking around 6-7k, thats without door jams, under hood and trunk lid.

with door jams....etc your looking around 8-9k, typically its not necessary to paint door jams unless your doing a color change.

hope that helps

Is that a body shop quote or a side job quote That 6-7k..?

corsvette
06-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Body shop quote would be 6-7K easy. When my Wifes truck got keyed the quote for a repaint on both sides (no hood or roof) was $7,800.

It's big money. I get quotes to paint heavy trucks come in at $10-12,000, they're basically a cab and a hood.

Darkane
06-03-2015, 11:32 AM
That's insane.

Man bodywork and paint is outrageous. I'm looking to take care of some paint and blend in my escape also, anyone do cheap rock guard around the fenders? May just plastidip it lol.

BAB Inc
06-03-2015, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

Is that a body shop quote or a side job quote That 6-7k..?

That is what I would charge roughly, depending on the color and vehicle.

This is a full body shop, not some backyard guy.

ReasonOne
06-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Interesting. On my '67 impala convertible, I have damage to the driver's side door where the side view mirror was originally located. It was temporarily covered but the hail last year punched the spot out. My body man retired before he could finish the job. I'm interested in find out out the cost of getting a piece of metal to seal that spot and painting to match the colour of the car (Bolero Red). The damaged portion is about the size of my fist. Every inch of this car is metal except for this one spot.

I can PM pics to someone or post them if more detailed info is required. I'd like to get an estimate on what such a repair would cost.

BAB Inc
06-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ReasonOne
Interesting. On my '67 impala convertible, I have damage to the driver's side door where the side view mirror was originally located. It was temporarily covered but the hail last year punched the spot out. My body man retired before he could finish the job. I'm interested in find out out the cost of getting a piece of metal to seal that spot and painting to match the colour of the car (Bolero Red). The damaged portion is about the size of my fist. Every inch of this car is metal except for this one spot.

I can PM pics to someone or post them if more detailed info is required. I'd like to get an estimate on what such a repair would cost.

PM me some photos and I could shoot you a quote.