PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite European Hotel booking website?

cycosis
05-29-2015, 10:52 PM
I'm done with hostels and also done with the priceline random bidding crap.

I have a trip upcoming to Italy and I have never really booked anything in advance.

What sites have you found to be the best?

jwslam
05-30-2015, 12:12 AM
AirBNB? :dunno:

ourdon
05-30-2015, 12:02 PM
I have used Otel.com a few places around Europe. Even if you don't book through them, the site seems to offer a more complete selection of hotels to view.

As mentioned above AirBnB works pretty good. I've used it successfully. If you want something specific to Rome, take a look at the Bed and Breakfast association of Rome www.b-b.rm.it/

I am looking at spending a couple of months either there or in Greece. Depends on what the weather looks like for Jan - March

Have Fun

avishal26
05-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Don't use Expedia - their rating system will have you booking a hotel with holes in the wall as '3 stars'. Yes this is from personal experience.

Waldi
06-01-2015, 09:54 AM
If you are looking at France and perhaps want to use B&B and weekly rental I would recommend iGites or Gites de France. These sites offer standard accommodation and are pretty diverse.

SkiBum5.0
06-01-2015, 11:01 AM
I used Lastminute.com when I was in London 4 weeks ago. Great rates for staying in London proper.

RX_EVOLV
06-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Used AirBnB and hotels.com for my last couple Europe trips to Rome, Paris, Amsterdam, and Greece.

Love hotels.ca because you get cashback (ebates, now @ 6.5%) + 1 night free after 10 nights (doesn't have to be on the same trip), and their rates are pretty standard. I agree with some of the above comments though and don't just trust their reviews and stars rating. I would short-list a bunch of hotels first based on price and location, then read customer reviews on tripadvisor, then go back to hotels.ca to book.

Mitsu3000gt
06-01-2015, 11:27 AM
I used Hotels.com every time I've been, and was happy with the way everything turned out. It even lets you book some of the nicer hostels, with private rooms & bathrooms.

Mibz
06-01-2015, 11:31 AM
I'd shortlist based on TripAdvisor and then just use the cheapest two sites they had. Unless one site was like $150 less than the rest, in which case I knew there'd be redonk taxes or some shit.

But yeah, pretty much TripAdvisor for everything.

GOnSHO
06-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Ive used Hotels.com every time ive gone (PAris, Venice, BArcelona, Athens, Milan).. never had an issue! and you get free night after 10!

So i have a free night im using on my trip at the end of the month in barcelona :D HAH!

deee_wreck
06-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
I'd shortlist based on TripAdvisor and then just use the cheapest two sites they had. Unless one site was like $150 less than the rest, in which case I knew there'd be redonk taxes or some shit.

But yeah, pretty much TripAdvisor for everything.

Same here, Tripadvisor to shortlist the top picks by looking at reviews, then hotels.com so i can collect the free night.

But if hotels seem way out to lunch for pricing, like last month in madrid 300 euro a night because of the final four in basketball & championship league match, then we ended up booking an AIRBNB

Feruk
06-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Booking.com

gqmw
06-10-2015, 04:49 PM
I airbnb everywhere and it has worked out great for me everytime. I always gotten good places that are nice/newer and it's always a good price.

CompletelyNumb
06-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Hotels.com for hotels, every time. Didn't know about the ebates though. :banghead:

tirebob
06-11-2015, 11:43 AM
I always use expedia and just cross reference to trip adviser before booking... I never really find much variance in price from site to site, although I do sometimes find that if you use expedia and trip advisor to find a hotel, but them call or e-mail and book with the hotel directly rather than going through the booking sites, you can talk them into giving you a deal as they have to pay the booking companies a fee if you book through them (my understanding is anywhere from 15%). This has worked multiple times for me and saved quite a bit on occasion as they appreciate you trying to save them cost as well...

GOnSHO
06-11-2015, 11:58 AM
just booked 9 nights in Barcelona, paid for 8 because i got a free one from Hotels.com