PDA

View Full Version : hard wired dash cam help: Thinkware F550

gwill
05-30-2015, 03:32 PM
I finally spent a bit of time last night to hard wire my dash cam into my Volvo s60. Overall the install went smooth but i can't figure out why my dash cam won't turn off and only record if someone is walking by or hits my car. Its the thinkware F550 and their customer service is closed until Monday.

Ive played around with all the settings and its supposed to turn off after my car has been off for 1 hour but It doesn't, it stays on unless unplugged. I am guessing it has to do with one of the fuses i hard wired it to. One fuse was to have continuous power which was no problem.. the second fuse wasn't supposed to. For the fuse without continuous power I connected it to my power seats being that they didn't work without my key around... is this my mistake?

I also have to remove my tinting for the rear view camera but not sure if this will damage the rest of my tint in my car... should i be worried if i cut out a section of my tint for the rear view camera? I tested it last night before it was fully dark and you could barely see out the tinting.

yellowsnow
05-31-2015, 10:43 AM
Just test if your power seats work when the ignition is off.

relyt92
05-31-2015, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by yellowsnow
Just test if your power seats work when the ignition is off. More than likely they're on an always powered circuit. Your best bet would be to tap into the power point fuse or something similar.

zieg
05-31-2015, 02:38 PM
Yeah, seconded. Get a multimeter and test that way. I just installed a similar one, but the fuse panel conveniently had labeled which fuses were always on and which weren't.