PDA

View Full Version : Ford F150 Security Issue

chathamf
06-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Hey Guys,

Bought an 06 F150 a few months ago. Has been running great. Yesterday I ran into the store and came out and it wouldn't roll over or start. Messed around with some fuses and whatnot and eventually it started again.

It flashed an engine code B1681

And this is desciption of the code:

B1681 PATS transceiver module signal is not received by the PCM. This DTC can be caused by the circuits between the PATS transceiver and the PCM, the PATS transceiver, or the PCM. Follow the pinpoint test for diagnosis. This can also be caused by using the incorrect transceiver part number. Make sure that the correct transceiver part number is being used.

Basically the security system isn't reading the key properly and is causing it to not start. Happened again this morning, but just got home from work and it started again. Really need to get it sorted out, but can't afford to take to the dealer.

Wondering if any of you guys have ran into this issue, and have any suggestions on what to do with it? Thanks

jwslam
06-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Google says try the spare key, also says to remove anything magnetic on the same key-ring

chathamf
06-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by jwslam
Google says try the spare key, also says to remove anything magnetic on the same key-ring

Yea tried that stuff. I read pretty deep into the Google of it all, and figure it's likely the lock cylinder. Was just hoping maybe someone had the exact issue and had some info about doing the fix or landing the parts for cheap. Or if someone wanted to fix it for me haha.

Mixalot27
06-09-2015, 04:42 PM
I had a similar issue with my Honda Civic. Tried to start it but the flashing green immobolizer key kept coming on and the car wouldn't start. I had to get it towed to Honda and they reset it but couldn't tell me what caused the problem. I ended up thinking it was due to a run down battery, so I replaced the battery and never had that same issue again for over a year.

Although just recently my keys stopped being able to turn at all in the ignition and I ended up having to get the ignition cylinder replaced.

ShermanEF9
06-09-2015, 06:43 PM
sometimes its the antenna from the PATS module to the ignition cylinder. check that.