PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW : Touchstone Insurance

civic_stylez
06-10-2015, 04:11 PM
I have been with Dalton Timmis insurance for the past 3 years and always thought my rate with them for my 07 GSXR 750 was pretty good. After seeing some people chatting with Masked Bandit about rates, I decided to see what the deal was regarding insurance for this season. I talked to Darren Roy who was super easy to work with and asked me some simple questions to get me started. Within minutes, he came back to me with a rate for the same coverage that I had with Dalton Timmis that was over 100.00 cheaper! This was just for my bike alone. I have my house and 3 cars listed with a separate insurance company so I decided to get a full insurance quote as well for the whole show. Long story short, they can save me over $800.00/year. These guys are on point.

Service is outstanding. No BS, simple, fast and easy.
Rates are the cheapest I have seen by far.
Darren had me all set up within 24 hrs and a pink card sent to me all ready to go.

For you bike guys, give them a shout... im about as cheap as they come and I left SUPER happy. 5 stars from my end!!!

dj_rice
06-10-2015, 04:45 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :werd:

I email Darren what I want/need, he calls me back and we're done. With my old company, I'd have to sit on hold for 45 mins. :clap:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-10-2015, 04:54 PM
+1 for Darren and Touchstone.

Graham_A_M
06-11-2015, 07:37 AM
Word, I saved my buddy $700/year on his '12 yamaha R1, saved 600/year on his '11 Powerwagon Ram 1500 truck.

I've been exceptionally happy with Touchstone myself, best place in Calgary by far. Never had an issue ever. Been the best few years of all my insurance dealings this entire time.

Alak
06-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Masked Bandit has saved me hundreds a year since switching to him years ago for my 2 cars, truck, quad and bike. Especially my bike. He's the insurance guru for sure.

Sugarphreak
06-11-2015, 08:19 AM

civic_stylez
06-11-2015, 09:28 AM
I was almost angry after talking to Darren, not at him but at my other insurance companies... how can a company offer the EXACT SAME setups for almost a thousand dollars less? Ive definitely been getting hosed by my other insurance providers. Was a great feeling to get off the phone with Touchstone and know I have more money in my pocket!

Zero102
06-11-2015, 10:05 AM
I also moved from TD MM to touchstone for my house and car insurance last year because it saved me $200/year at the time, and probably more this year. When it came time to insure my bike he got me a quote in minutes, was able to set up the paperwork in no time at all and had an awesome rate.

saiyajin
06-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Maybe Darren is a busy guy but i PMed Maskedbandit here which got Darren to email me and asked me to give him a call.

i left him 2 msgs and never returned my calls. Shot him an email so hopefully he'll give me a shout :dunno:

avishal26
06-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
I also moved from TD MM to touchstone for my house and car insurance last year because it saved me $200/year at the time, and probably more this year. When it came time to insure my bike he got me a quote in minutes, was able to set up the paperwork in no time at all and had an awesome rate.

Same here.. I saved about $350 a year.. and got significantly better sewer backup protection at the same time.

Darren has been awesome to deal with.

relyt92
06-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Been dealing with Bill for a few years, no complaints he's saved me some money and is always there for whatever dumb questions I have.

Canucks3322
06-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Has anyone actually dealt with a claim on any of the insurance providers you've been on through his service??

relyt92
06-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
Has anyone actually dealt with a claim on any of the insurance providers you've been on through his service?? Not collision, but I've had a comprehensive claim while with him. He had some good advice and was in contact throughout it to make sure it went smoothly.

xnvy
06-11-2015, 11:16 PM
^I'm pretty sure some people posted about that last year after the massive hail storm.

While I'm not personally with Touchstone, I have heard nothing but good things about them and in my interactions with Darren, he was more than helpful. Even answered my general questions about insurance when I wasn't a customer. :thumbsup:

Hallowed_point
06-12-2015, 06:12 AM
Darren is great and I've passed his name around to numerous co workers and friends.

Unknown303
06-12-2015, 07:37 AM
They seem pretty decent. I really have to get a full quote one day.

AllGoNoShow
06-12-2015, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by saiyajin
Maybe Darren is a busy guy but i PMed Maskedbandit here which got Darren to email me and asked me to give him a call.

i left him 2 msgs and never returned my calls. Shot him an email so hopefully he'll give me a shout :dunno:

Your not alone I had the same results

CookieMonster
06-12-2015, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

Your not alone I had the same results

Same here.. already using touchstone and recently bought a new car to add onto the existing policy. He got it added on so I could drive it home but was not able to give me a price for the year. Said he'd give me a call back which never happened.

revelations
06-12-2015, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
Has anyone actually dealt with a claim on any of the insurance providers you've been on through his service??

Yes, I was using SGI a few years back on my car when it got broken into and the interior messed up.

SGI itself is a joke, I was dealing directly with an agent there and it was like they suffered from basic communication deficiencies (eg. email #4 said we agreed to modify the claim already) .