PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 Remake Trailer - E3 2015 Sony Conference

rx7boi
06-15-2015, 08:37 PM
For all of you Final Fantasy junkies....BEHOLD!!

It's finally here! They finally announced a remake of FF7. To be completed....sometime in 2099 maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na12RonwT78

Na12RonwT78
MOD EDIT: This embed brought to you by A790. When you need an embed, choose A790!

Someone embed it or teach me how to lol.

Tik-Tok
06-15-2015, 08:55 PM
Link -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na12RonwT78
use everything after "v="
so

Na12RonwT78

(youtube)=Na12RonwT78(/youtube)

But with square brackets.

Or copy Na12RonwT78 and click on the youtube button, and paste.

Na12RonwT78

yellowsnow
06-16-2015, 01:27 AM
If it's anything like FFXV, it'll be coming out for the PS5. :rofl:

jdmXSI
06-16-2015, 06:29 AM
I hope they don't "dumb" it down like every other game on the market and keep it ture to what it was.

pheoxs
06-16-2015, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
I hope they don't "dumb" it down like every other game on the market and keep it ture to what it was.

This.

I should not be able to play through an entire RPG game and not die. Half the fun memories of FFIV/FFV were getting my ass kicked by certain bosses repeatedly, before going around, levelling up, getting better gear and then finally beating them. Then you got that epic sense of accomplishment.

Unlike say FF13 where you can basically glide through the game hitting auto attack 90+% of the time

eglove
06-16-2015, 09:45 AM
I still don't foresee this coming out anytime soon. Maybe at minimum 2018. Square released a statement that production has JUST begun. They are just making fanboys fanboy hard. I don't trust Square anymore on any timelines they give out

b_t
06-16-2015, 10:15 AM
It'll probably come out 20 years to the day FFVII came out. January 31, 2017. That's a Tuesday too which is the normal day for games to get released so I'd put my money on that exact date

eglove
06-16-2015, 10:24 AM
Fuck, that sure makes you feel old. Haha

b_t
06-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Yeah just typing that out I was like "holy fuck." That game came out more than half my life ago.

rx7boi
06-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs

This.

I should not be able to play through an entire RPG game and not die. Half the fun memories of FFIV/FFV were getting my ass kicked by certain bosses repeatedly, before going around, levelling up, getting better gear and then finally beating them. Then you got that epic sense of accomplishment.

Unlike say FF13 where you can basically glide through the game hitting auto attack 90+% of the time

Shit, I actually had a hard time with FF13. I really don't like the new style of linearity they introduced. Battle system was ok but I grew up on FF7 to FF9 so grinding is a part of the RPG element.

With FF13 I couldn't get past those stupid bosses with the doom timer so I stopped playing until a save/hex editor came out for the PS4 haha.

Tik-Tok
06-16-2015, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi

MOD EDIT: This embed brought to you by A790. When you need an embed, choose A790!

BUT THEN NO ONE LEARNS!!1!1!!!

Dertz
06-23-2015, 09:56 PM
This is glorious.
:D :thumbsup:

I enjoyed the PSP game they released. Wasn't the greatest but it was great to be in the world again.

Now remake Final Fantasy Tactics & Parasite Eve and I can die nerd happy.

jampack
12-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Bumping this because there's a latest trailer from PlayStation Experience over the weekend.

A3sBZ5Nr4hc

Sigh.. More games to play! lol.

riced
12-08-2015, 08:55 AM
One of my hopes for this game is that they keep most if not everything in tact.

I spent well over 100 hours in the original and could keep going.
Little things like doing the gold chocobo side quest, getting knights of the round, the three weapons, mini games... I could go on.

That's what made this game so epic.

The one thing that kind of irks me though is the new battle system... :guns:

pheoxs
12-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by riced
One of my hopes for this game is that they keep most if not everything in tact.

I spent well over 100 hours in the original and could keep going.
Little things like doing the gold chocobo side quest, getting knights of the round, the three weapons, mini games... I could go on.

That's what made this game so epic.

The one thing that kind of irks me though is the new battle system... :guns:

It looks like it, I played way too much FF7 as a kid and all the dialogue in the trailer is word for word out of the game, even how awkward some of it sounds. So it looks like they're keeping it fairly similar.

Not a fan of the real time battle system, I miss the old turn base system and having to chance whether you heal/use a potion this turn or say fuck it and try and hold out just a bit longer kind of days. Also really hope its harder difficulty than FF13 where you can just walk through the game without ever having to grind.

Really curious to see ruby/omega though ^_^ so many pissed off nights with them

Mibz
12-08-2015, 10:03 AM
This game makes me more "cautiously optimistic" than I've ever been.

There are a million ways they could fuck it up. There are a million ways they could make it great. Doing my best to reserve judgment until it's out.

yellowsnow
12-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Already pre-ordered lol... I don't even care if it doesn't live up to the hype. I'm going to play through it regardless

rx7boi
12-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Fuck.....not the real time battle system.

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

saiyajin
12-08-2015, 07:48 PM
fyi you can buy the remastered FF VII on PS4 right now for about $10 until Dec 12 i think, I downloaded it, for 10bux whatever :nut:

Mibz
12-09-2015, 09:10 AM
$10 makes it the least expensive FF game on the market... Even the mobile versions of 20 year old games are $17....

pheoxs
12-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
$10 makes it the least expensive FF game on the market... Even the mobile versions of 20 year old games are $17....

Everytime I see them release a re-make I get super excited, then when I see the price tag I sorta shrug and decide its not worth it.

jampack
01-08-2020, 02:35 AM
So guys.. I can't believe this thread was started on 2015 lol. Almost 5 years!!

Anyway, it's coming out soon! March! 100% I will be playing this daily even just for an hour lol

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-08-2020, 09:34 AM
Semi legit considering the 1st class edition:
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/562671/final-fantasy-vii-remake-1st-class-edition-ps4

Hands down my all time favorite game. Liked it enough that I have an FF7 tattoo.

pheoxs
01-08-2020, 09:36 AM
So guys.. I can't believe this thread was started on 2015 lol. Almost 5 years!!

Anyway, it's coming out soon! March! 100% I will be playing this daily even just for an hour lol

It's only part 1 right? I vaguely remember reading they split the game into multi parts?

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-08-2020, 09:40 AM
It's only part 1 right? I vaguely remember reading they split the game into multi parts?

the first game in this project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience.

It sounds like it. But they're also changing the story as well, I've heard.

jampack
01-08-2020, 12:17 PM
Semi legit considering the 1st class edition:
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/562671/final-fantasy-vii-remake-1st-class-edition-ps4

Hands down my all time favorite game. Liked it enough that I have an FF7 tattoo.

Yep.. I was considering the 1st class edition but I will be pre-ordering the deluxe.

rx7boi
01-08-2020, 02:00 PM
All the goodies like Chocobo and Cactus summons aren't likely to be game-changing and I don't need a steelcase or CDs.

Will just opt for the standard $80 game now that I'm old haha.

Probably just pick it up from an EB Games on my way home one day.

ZenOps
01-13-2020, 03:32 PM
Yup, I can definitely wait. Will pickup when in bargain bin, but since already finishing the original - kinda seems redundant to "rush out" to finish it - again.

pheoxs
01-14-2020, 05:41 PM
Delayed until April

https://i.imgur.com/1mjySAu.png

rx7boi
01-14-2020, 10:34 PM
Aw, that sucks but I guess I don't mind waiting another month haha.

jampack
01-16-2020, 11:28 AM
Read this news couple days ago. I guess that's ok. But it sucks seeing 2 of the games I am looking forward to playing (other as Last of Us II) getting moved due to the same reason lol.

rx7boi
01-16-2020, 04:09 PM
I don't know much about game and cinema releases. I was always under the impression that the final product is finished months before release and just sitting there.

Aren't these error margins built in to their release date to give them more than enough time for anything that comes up?

Logistically, I don't understand what they could possibly be "polishing" with an additional month given that there is the subsequent matter of manufacturing and distribution of the product worldwide.

pheoxs
01-16-2020, 04:32 PM
I don't know much about game and cinema releases. I was always under the impression that the final product is finished months before release and just sitting there.

Aren't these error margins built in to their release date to give them more than enough time for anything that comes up?

Logistically, I don't understand what they could possibly be "polishing" with an additional month given that there is the subsequent matter of manufacturing and distribution of the product worldwide.

Sort of. The game is wrapped ahead of release so it can be burned to discs and packaged. My guess is that deadline is a few months since they can be made pretty quick (machines can clone hundreds of blurays at a time). It still takes time to package, ship, and distribute. They probably hit the wrap date and found some game-breaking bugs or just weren't quite finished so they kept working on it.

The game may be complete as of now and then based on how far passed they were for the original deadline is what they extended things. I.e. it needed to be digitally ready Dec 15th and instead they finished it Jan 15th so that pushes the final ship date by a month.

rx7boi
01-16-2020, 07:56 PM
That's true. They can always push the update via PS+ network.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that when you buy the disc, you're not actually getting the full game. Buddy and I were excited to load up the new Modern Warfare on his PS4 Pro before we got hit with a 75GB update haha.

jampack
03-02-2020, 09:38 AM
Playable demo in PS Store now. Downloading!

rx7boi
03-02-2020, 10:05 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up!

Was just lamenting how we would have been able to play this in several days but now we have to wait another month haha.