PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix

phreezee
06-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Alonso is starting to see the light after a dismal Canadian GP.

“With the position we are in and the performance we have, I think concentrating on next year is the clever option for us now," the former world champion told Autosport.

"I don't have any problem starting every single race from the pit lane if we keep improving the car. That's the main priority now, to concentrate on next year's performance, so let's see what the team can offer."

http://www.rachf1.com/uploads/5/4/4/2/5442713/2955254_orig.png

Track: Red Bull Ring. Permanent circuit.

Race start time: 1pm UK time Sunday (2pm local).

Laps: 71.

Track length: 4.326 km.

Tyre allocation: Soft (yellow) and Supersoft (red).

DRS Zones: Two with separate detection spots (Between turns two and three and Pit Straight).

Lap record: Michael Schumacher - 1:08.337 (Ferrari, 2003).

2014 pole: Felipe Massa - 1:08.759 (Williams).

killramos
06-17-2015, 02:05 PM
Ahh the Pseudo German GP. Cant wait!

flipstah
06-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Time to blow engines using VTEC!

phreezee
06-17-2015, 03:52 PM
Lots of off the track stuff happening lately, including Michelin bidding to return to F1 with 18" wheels and talks of RBR engine switch.

Red Bull is considering a shock switch to Ferrari power, according to a media report on Wednesday.

Germany's Sport Bild claims that, fed up with works partner Renault's poor reliability and performance in the new 'power unit' era, Red Bull has been in talks with its arch-rival Ferrari.

While a switch to Ferrari would be sensational, Red Bull has actually been powered by Maranello-built engines before, in 2006.

A year later, junior team Toro Rosso also began to use customer Ferrari power.

At the end of last year, Red Bull's quadruple world champion Sebastian Vettel moved to Ferrari, but he said recently he retains a good relationship with the energy drink company.

In its latest edition, Sport Bild claims that Ferrari is indeed willing to facilitate Red Bull and Toro Rosso's return to Italian power for 2016.

However, the Red Bull-owned teams would reportedly have clear 'B' status, including a specification of engine 20-30 horse power behind the works Ferrari team.

But Red Bull's Dr Helmut Marko said: "Even a B-version of the Ferrari would be better than the A-version of the Renault."

Currently, both Red Bull teams are under contract to Renault for 2016, but it is believed a split could be facilitated by the French marque's desire to return to full works team status, for instance by buying Lotus.

rage2
06-17-2015, 06:08 PM
Pretty sure 18" wheels got voted out already. I'd love to see a tire war again, which will expose Pirelli's tires as being crappy not because FIA wanted them to make crappy tires. :rofl:

phreezee
06-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Both Red Bulls get 10 place grid penalties for new engines.

rage2
06-18-2015, 09:50 PM
They also have a fresh salty article on autosport that's quite entertaining.

chongkee_
06-19-2015, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by rage2
They also have a fresh salty article on autosport that's quite entertaining.

That happens every week now. Even more so in between the races.

Alonso expected to take a 20 place penalty. He might have to start at the McLaren HQ if he incurs another penalty.:rofl:

Painful to watch since McLaren is my #2 team.

phreezee
06-19-2015, 09:32 AM
f5BLP0YSp_c

phreezee
06-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Sucks to be Alonso:

Alonso has been hit with a similar penalty, amounting to 20 places: ten for the internal combustion engine change (ICE), five for the turbocharger change and five for the MGU-H change.

However, Alonso is guaranteed to also have some kind of in-race penalty, depending on where he qualifies. Even if he started on pole, he would receive a five second time penalty, but is likely to need to serve a stop/go during the race just as Button did in Canada.

rage2
06-21-2015, 07:14 AM
Sucks to be a McLaren fan. Struggling to watch the end here haha. At least we have Maldonado entertaining us with his drifting skills.

guessboi
06-21-2015, 11:05 PM
Maldonado has been on a row in the last two races. :rofl: Go Lotus!

watch?v=V9GtxYrMQcI

flipstah
06-22-2015, 07:40 AM
McLaren 2016 so they're testing out body rigidity first, then engine dependability.

SHENANIGANS. Jk.

Glad to hear they're both okay.

phreezee
06-22-2015, 10:01 AM
Bit of a snoozefest for me, especially after the 5 second penalty on Lewis. I never really liked this track also.
Rosberg deserved the win and I was happy Vettel didn't pass Massa.
Looking forward to the UK.

Mibz
06-22-2015, 11:44 AM
With how much whining Massa's been doing lately, I'd rather see Vettel succeed.

chongkee_
06-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by phreezee
Bit of a snoozefest for me, especially after the 5 second penalty on Lewis. I never really liked this track also.
Rosberg deserved the win and I was happy Vettel didn't pass Massa.
Looking forward to the UK.

Totally deserved. Even before the penalty Lewis doesn't seem to have the pace to close down the gap. Would've been more interesting had the safety car not come out.

phreezee
06-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Impressed McLaren have put in 77 + 104 laps in testing and Alonso was ahead of Ricciardo. Hopefully it carries forward to race day.