PDA

View Full Version : Where to sell Jewelry

bubbley
07-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Have some jewelry that I don't need and looking to sell. Any suggestions?

A790
07-07-2015, 06:25 PM
www.kijiji.ca

heavyfuel
07-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Albern coins and exchange on Center Street. They buy gold. The Buy and Sell store down on Macleod and 94th is good too. That young kid is really reasonable whenever I bring stuff in there, but there's this one Rick Harrison wannabe who's impossible to deal with. You'll know.

killramos
07-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Lately from what I have noticed: Beyond.ca Marketplace :nut:

J.M.
07-08-2015, 11:09 AM
^ that one guy always selling watches lol

GotRice?
07-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by J.M.
^ yah whats up with that. they're all his "personal watches" which are brand new and seems to be new ones every day...

killramos
07-08-2015, 11:40 AM
His username is even of a watch company :rofl:

KRyn
07-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by J.M.

I always wonder what kind of business that guy has going on.

R154
07-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Its not a business. He is a watch collector. Patek is his favorite brand. He just switches up his watch collection routinely. Just like cars, watches are a hobby.

R154
07-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Besides, it's not like any of you poor fucks ever buy anything. lol the jealousy in here is real.

Strider
07-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by R154
Its not a business. He is a watch collector. Patek is his favorite brand. He just switches up his watch collection routinely. Just like cars, watches are a hobby.

Collecting is one thing, buying and flipping is another. Not that I have a problem with flipping, but call a spade a spade... don't pretend like it was personally bought for a collection / personal use, only to sell 5 months later at a higher price.

R154
07-08-2015, 05:00 PM
He doesnt make money. And yes it is a collection. He rotates pieces to move to the next one. Not like it matters, beyond is full of tire kickers and budget ballers. No one really buys from here.

Kijiji is a much greater forum to reach serious buyers.

A790
07-08-2015, 05:04 PM
He doesnt make money. And yes it is a collection. He rotates pieces to move to the next one. Not like it matters, beyond is full of tire kickers and budget ballers. No one really buys from here.

What's your relationship to patek.wis?

I don't really care about his watch collection/sales, but I can't help but wonder why you've come in as aggressively as you have.

Close friend?

Strider
07-08-2015, 05:10 PM

Sure... :rolleyes:
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=412072 $5,250
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/392062/fs-rolex-explorer-39mm-214270-new-style-feb-2015-full-set/ $5,999

Agreed on the second half of your statement though... Broader market on kijiji. Personally, I'd feel better about buying something from a long standing member here (including Patek.wis) than on kijiji though.

heavyfuel
07-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Strider

Collecting is one thing, buying and flipping is another. Not that I have a problem with flipping, but call a spade a spade... don't pretend like it was personally bought for a collection / personal use, only to sell 5 months later at a higher price.

Oh HEAVEN FORBID anybody be allowed to make any money. JFC.

R154
07-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by A790

What's your relationship to patek.wis?

I don't really care about his watch collection/sales, but I can't help but wonder why you've come in as aggressively as you have.

Close friend?

Cam, he's my best friend we have been close for 15 years.

R154
07-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Strider

Sure... :rolleyes:
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=412072 $5,250
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/392062/fs-rolex-explorer-39mm-214270-new-style-feb-2015-full-set/ $5,999

Agreed on the second half of your statement though... Broader market on kijiji. Personally, I'd feel better about buying something from a long standing member here (including Patek.wis) than on kijiji though.

Truth be told, I have had better luck rotating my collection on kijiji then here.

A790
07-08-2015, 06:10 PM

Cam, he's my best friend we have been close for 15 years.
Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification. I was just curious :)

R154
07-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Over the years I have grown tired of seeing various iterations of this post. Every once in a while someone will take a dig at him for being a watch dealer or trading time pieces. Only on this forum. When he gets attacked we both get attacked. I have a much shorter temper. I apologize for lashing out. But i can't sit by idly while people make disparaging comments with no regard for how that may influence a really passionate watch enthusiast. He loves watches because that's his passion.

JRSC00LUDE
07-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Not that I'm likely to be in his market often but now, knowing someone credible knows him, I know I can trust him. I've wondered also what his story was. :thumbsup:

killramos
07-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Not that I'm likely to be in his market often but now, knowing someone credible knows him, I know I can trust him. I've wondered also what his story was. :thumbsup:

Yea I always found his wares interesting. Some pretty omegas. Just a figure to rich for my blood generally.

As a note people are just as sceptical of the people on here who just join up to curb cars, Armani shirts (lol), etc who never post in the forum. It's not a personal attack on him, I was just pointing out the tendancies.

heavyfuel
07-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I've dealt with him IRL and if I was into expensive watches and he had something I liked, I wouldn't hesitate. And good on him if he buys a watch wears it for a while and makes a few bucks off it when he's bored of it. Opposition to that is jealousy, plain and simple.

R154
07-08-2015, 11:38 PM
Vince, you met me too.

msommers
07-09-2015, 12:02 AM
Perfect example of how the phrase about 'assume' came to be :rofl:

Strider
07-09-2015, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
Oh HEAVEN FORBID anybody be allowed to make any money. JFC.
Typical useless heavyfuel post :rolleyes:

Maybe you missed the part where I said I don't have any problem with flipping items for a profit.

I was eyeing that Rolex very closely... just felt a bit misled with all the "personal collection" stories when I found out he bought it only 3 weeks earlier for $750 less (serial numbers match up on the 2 threads I linked).

That said... I still watch for his posts on Beyond and wouldn't hesitate to buy a watch from him (based on his reputation) when the right one comes up.

gwill
07-09-2015, 09:29 AM
The irony in heavies post is that he jumped all over the one guy for wanting to buy a watch in the 3-5k range tell him how stupid it was.

Now he's here making himself look stupid yet again saying if he was into expensive watches he would buy no problem. He must have split personalities.

GotRice?
07-09-2015, 10:55 AM
nvm.

heavyfuel
07-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by gwill
The irony in heavies post is that he jumped all over the one guy for wanting to buy a watch in the 3-5k range tell him how stupid it was.

Now he's here making himself look stupid yet again saying if he was into expensive watches he would buy no problem. He must have split personalities.

Key word here is "IF". Point was Patek is a trustworthy guy. And you look even stupider for giving a fuck.

bubbley
07-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Great thread :rofl:

gwill
07-09-2015, 03:00 PM

Key word here is "IF". Point was Patek is a trustworthy guy. And you look even stupider for giving a fuck.

So the guy you were mocking was stupid for buying a watch but if he bought it from your trust worthy source it would have been okay? You went off on the guy over his desire to buy something... Now your here telling people this guys cool go ahead.

So glad he has heavies seal of approval. Now watch his sales drop next to nothing because of it.

R154
07-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Someone looking at one of our 40K watches is not glued to a random thread up on beyond.

heavyfuel
07-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by gwill

So the guy you were mocking was stupid for buying a watch but if he bought it from your trust worthy source it would have been okay? You went off on the guy over his desire to buy something... Now your here telling people this guys cool go ahead.

So glad he has heavies seal of approval. Now watch his sales drop next to nothing because of it.

Glad I give you such a hard on. Keep it coming!

killramos
07-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Someone looking at one of our 40K watches is not glued to a random thread up on beyond.

:rolleyes:

gwill
07-09-2015, 05:34 PM

Glad I give you such a hard on. Keep it coming!

What can I say I have fun trying to figure out which personality we are dealing with.

CompletelyNumb
07-09-2015, 08:25 PM
So much douche and butthurt on one thread. Classic.

SilverKast
07-15-2015, 03:09 PM
I was actually considering the Rolex Explorer I, and then I came across this thread!

A local guy who's good to deal with would be nice :D