PDA

View Full Version : Tiny rust spots where to take vehicle?

QR25DE-SER
07-17-2015, 03:21 AM
HI guys,

Where would I take my vehicle to. I have developed tiny rust spots on the top of my vehicle. Almost the size of small Quarters ...I do not want to repaint the top of the car but I do want to at least try & get them fixed with the correct color.

As I found out it hard to find the correct yellow for my car. I don't want to spend an arm & a leg to do so.

Anyone have any suggestions. I also have some bubbling of paint happening not to sure as to why though?

Any help would be appreciated ..

:burnout:

loweg
07-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Aaaah small quarters. Much like a nickel or dime.

J/k

Best bang for your buck is to DIY . Lots of videos online. Don't expect perfection, but you can get the colour match done many places (search beyond) and they can give you spray cans to do it yourself. Don't rush it and it will come out fine.

Good luck

theken
07-18-2015, 06:53 AM
I would not attempt this as a diy. Any body shop can do this. If it turns out shitty you're paying twice

Deetz
07-18-2015, 08:53 AM
Rust repair can be a tough, or pricey. If it's an older car and you are looking just to touch up, it's easy and can be sanded down a bit, some bondo, then paint, but, that will be just a band aid, and will come back, usually after a winter.

Getting it done properly often involves cutting out metal, and having new metal welded in. It can be repaired for the long term, but, it will cost you, and is best to the professionals

relyt92
07-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Any pics of the rust/bubbling paint? If this is for your SE-R do you still have rust warranty?

QR25DE-SER
07-19-2015, 03:44 AM
Not sure If I have rust warranty. I did notice that the bubbling on the paint started shortly after the 4th year of owning it . I'm the original owner .
Its a 2008 Nissan sentra SE-R & they don't sell the Se-r's anymore hence why I would like to keep it. I had already had the toe in issues solved by Brasso as I had to get the rear area shimmed.. so I have put some money into this car . It's just unfornate that it started to rust I even got paint protection on it so I may try & take it back to Fish Creek Nissan.. to find out what can be done... Its just very odd for a newer car to start to have the paint bubbling on it.. I haven't seen anything like that.. I did try to use touch up paint I got from the dealership however that only temporary covers up the mistakes...:(

I'll try & get some pics in the next few days ..
Thanks guys :dunno:

relyt92
07-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Definitely worth getting the dealer to look at it, under normal circumstances you shouldn't be having rust and paint bubbling this soon unless it's an older Mazda.

BAB Inc
07-20-2015, 11:34 AM
It will come back eventually. Rust is like cancer.

Pm me a photo and I'll give you a price.

FixedGear
07-20-2015, 07:22 PM
frankly unless it's a special car (way more special than a '08 Nissan, IMO), it's not worth trying to fix rust. drive it until you can't stand it anymore and buy something else. :dunno:

QR25DE-SER
07-22-2015, 12:54 PM
I just like my car I guess good one gas ...driving from Calgary to Edmonton on half a tank of gas..
Its pretty much the last few years the SE-r's aren't around anymore. :(

Im waiting for the Nismo sentra to come out if it ever does...I guess I just want to keep it looking new ..

Will try & get pics. Thanks Bab

Ive seen a lot of nice cars on beyond. So I just want to have a nice car for once.

:burnout: