PDA

View Full Version : 2008 C-class turn signals stop working on Deerfoot

cycosis
07-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Soooo a slightly dangerous situation happened the other day. My turn signals stopped working while going down deerfoot. Pushing the lever on the steering column either way did nothing except it did work pushing it forward to engage the highbeams. My hazards still worked.

Got home, turned the car off, turned the car on, and voila! They worked again. Thought I was going crazy.

Except it happened again today on the way to work.

I am out of warranty and I coudlnt find anything on benzworld. Any ideas to go about diagnosing the problem? Signal relay maybe?

JustinMCS
07-23-2015, 12:03 PM
Found your issue on this thread

http://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/374513-turn-signal-indicators-acting-up.html

you need a new indicator stalk. good luck!

rx7_turbo2
07-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Could be the rear SAM. Damn near everything runs through it. It's often the source of all kinds of strange electrical issues in these cars.

nismodrifter
07-23-2015, 07:26 PM
^agree it could potentially be the cause.

Lights on my parents 08 ML320 started acting up sometime last year. After some research my dad opened the area up, whole area where the rear SAM sits was full of water. He ordered one online, replaced it, and also did some mods to prevent the issue from recuring. When we brought it in to Mercedes to get recoded the dealership adamently denied that its a potentially serious safety issue. Reported it to TSB and heard nothing from them. I see its now on TSB as a recall for 09's. :dunno:

cycosis
07-23-2015, 10:49 PM
Good to know. I will check out the SAM this weekend. Thx