PDA

View Full Version : Trance Mix!!

HeckelZ
08-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Hey guys,

Me again! New Trance Mix, you can stream it or download it!

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/heckelz/hex-suitsHEX - The Suit Life (Trance Mix) (https://soundcloud.com/heckelz/hex-suits)

gwill
08-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Listening to it while at work. Only 20 minutes in but so far loving your choice of songs.

Do you have a list of the songs?

HeckelZ
08-11-2015, 05:20 PM
1. Orjan Nilsen - Now We Are Talking (Original Mix)
2. Fisherman & Hawkins - Skypunch (Original Mix)
3. Gordey Tsukanov - Latun (Original Mix)
4. Nifra Feat. Seri - Army of Lights (Original Mix)
5. Solid Stone - Orbit (Original Mix)
6. Beat Service - On Demand (Original Mix)
7. Craig Connelly & Dan Thompson - Welcome To Earth (Original Mix)
8. JES - Two Souls (Fisherman & Hawkins Remix)
9. Jamie Walker - Rojo (Original Mix)
10. Monnbeam, Avis Vox - Twilight is Coming (Grube & Hovseplan Remix)
11. Dan Dobson - Overboard (Original Mix)
12. Faruk Sabanci - Albino (Original Mix)
13. Tempo Giusto - Spatter Analysis (Original Mix)
14. Lange - Formula None (Alex Di Stefano Remix)
15. Photographer & Susana - Find A Way (Original Mix)

Dertz
08-17-2015, 11:32 AM
Just downloaded it. Going to check it out soon.

HeckelZ
08-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Dertz
Just downloaded it. Going to check it out soon.

Thanks for the download and listen!

E46..sTyLez
08-18-2015, 03:04 PM
:thumbsup:

gwill
08-18-2015, 04:44 PM
It's so much better then a lot of the crap I hear on satellite radio. The mix of songs was good and I didn't know a lot of them which is always good in my books.

I'll have to make some time to download Some of your mixes.

HeckelZ
08-21-2015, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by gwill
It's so much better then a lot of the crap I hear on satellite radio. The mix of songs was good and I didn't know a lot of them which is always good in my books.

I'll have to make some time to download Some of your mixes.

Agree man, the commerical Big Room Progressive house is become such garbage. I'm glad you enjoyed, again thanks for the listen!

E46..sTyLez
08-21-2015, 11:36 AM
The only thing I was missing when listening was a hard drop. Lots of build up, then transitions into a melody instead of a hard drop. Possibly just a different style. I'd be interested to hear your opinion/stance on that.
I still absolutely liked it, listened to it a couple times actually. Keep doing what you're doing. :thumbsup:

ickyflex
08-21-2015, 12:28 PM
Good Mix!:thumbsup:

HeckelZ
08-21-2015, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by E46..sTyLez
The only thing I was missing when listening was a hard drop. Lots of build up, then transitions into a melody instead of a hard drop. Possibly just a different style. I'd be interested to hear your opinion/stance on that.
I still absolutely liked it, listened to it a couple times actually. Keep doing what you're doing. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the constructive Criticism, I think in the genre of trance, its hard to define a hard drop, trance is usually melodic but with my style I like to incorporate a techy, pitch bend, dark side to that or else it becomes way too cheesy and boring. My Transitions are usually elongated or aggressive depending on how the song is structured. I will transition a song on the second build up with the first aggressive phrase of the incoming song, but will only do this to build up the energy of the mix. Therefore, my transitions are usually elongated to give a little down-tempo to the mix.

With that said, I rarely mix within the melody portion of a song because of specific Key has to match outright or it makes it difficult for music to stay in KEY.

I'm not sure if this answers your question. But again thanks for the listen.

gwill
08-21-2015, 02:37 PM

Hard house is my preferred genre for the hard drops but it's not really something you hear much of anymore... I'm always going back to music from 10-15 yrs ago for that.

E46..sTyLez
08-21-2015, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by gwill

Hard house is my preferred genre for the hard drops but it's not really something you hear much of anymore... I'm always going back to music from 10-15 yrs ago for that.

You must be confused with my post, or I'm not using the right terminology. All of the top DJ's are doing drops like I'm referring to. Hardwell, Afrojack, Nicky Romero, Calvin Harris etc. Maybe the term "hard drop" is being misused by me, but I'm talking about what you hear at EDC etc. Medium drops? :dunno: lol

HeckelZ
08-21-2015, 04:07 PM

You must be confused with my post, or I'm not using the right terminology. All of the top DJ's are doing drops like I'm referring to. Hardwell, Afrojack, Nicky Romero, Calvin Harris etc. Maybe the term "hard drop" is being misused by me, but I'm talking about what you hear at EDC etc. Medium drops? :dunno: lol

Just the style and the genre man. All the artist you listed play Big room Progressive house/ Electro, which are known for elements of trance with melody but heavier basslines and drops.

E46..sTyLez
08-21-2015, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by HeckelZ

Just the style and the genre man. All the artist you listed play Big room Progressive house/ Electro, which are known for elements of trance with melody but heavier basslines and drops.

Gotcha! Perfect, thank you for the clarification! I'm definitely not up to speed with the terminology but I know what I like when I hear it haha. Cheers!

E46..sTyLez
08-21-2015, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by HeckelZ

Thanks for the constructive Criticism, I think in the genre of trance, its hard to define a hard drop, trance is usually melodic but with my style I like to incorporate a techy, pitch bend, dark side to that or else it becomes way too cheesy and boring. My Transitions are usually elongated or aggressive depending on how the song is structured. I will transition a song on the second build up with the first aggressive phrase of the incoming song, but will only do this to build up the energy of the mix. Therefore, my transitions are usually elongated to give a little down-tempo to the mix.

With that said, I rarely mix within the melody portion of a song because of specific Key has to match outright or it makes it difficult for music to stay in KEY.

I'm not sure if this answers your question. But again thanks for the listen.

Whoa...I didn't even see this original response. That is really good info. Thanks for the detail!!