PDA

View Full Version : Optometrist recommendations in the NW or SE

Hero_X
08-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Hey,

I'm looking for a recommended optometrist clinic either in the NW or SE (riverbend/quarry park area).

I called my usual visions eyecare centre in dalhousie but they can't accommodate me any time soon and I'd like to get a prescription for glasses right away (as my current ones are on verge of breaking and I don't have spares, only contact lenses). I know it's my bad for not being proactive about this but it is what it is.

If you could help me out plz, it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW are Hakim optical clinics any good?

KRyn
08-13-2015, 02:57 PM
I don't want to hijack this thread, but could some people make the same suggestions for downtown or S.W Calgary please and thanks!

:hijack:

jwslam
08-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
downtown
The guys in Gulf Canada. I think it's Burke I saw.
They had this cool tech that 3D mapped my eye to show all the imperfections. They also did direct billing for me so zero cost both visits.

Tik-Tok
08-13-2015, 03:04 PM
Costco (if you already have a membership obviously)

Hero_X
08-13-2015, 03:06 PM
costco does eye exams, by an optometrist??? As far as I know they don't do anything quickly...have to book weeks in advance. Will check.

killramos
08-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
I don't want to hijack this thread, but could some people make the same suggestions for downtown or S.W Calgary please and thanks!

i have been going to City Focus to see Dr. Bridges. Not sure if they take clients but worth a try.

She has always been fair on prices and was very good about making recommendations for surgeons on my last 2 eye surgeries ( 1 preventative and 1 emergency).

They are right by the Nexen Tower

Tik-Tok
08-13-2015, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Hero_X
costco does eye exams, by an optometrist??? As far as I know they don't do anything quickly...have to book weeks in advance. Will check.

They do. They're pretty over looked by most people, also their hearing aid department. I got in to get a exam the same day I phoned.

Mind you the Heritage location is always retarded busy, even though I live just up the hill from it, I always go to the NE store :rofl:

wildrice
08-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Terra Vision Care over in Pointe Mckay. Excellent service and wide selection of glasses.