PDA

View Full Version : Compustar on 2015 Honda CR-V PTS programming

polypep
08-16-2015, 02:56 PM
Anyone know how to program the remotes to connect to the remote starter for the first time. I have a Compustar blade unit CM7000 and Prime series 2WG9-SP RF kit. For Push to Start vehicles Compustart suggests pushing the ignition button 15 times without pressing the brake pedal which equals 5 ignition cycles. The caveat is that button should be pressed consistently with 0.5 sec intervals. The issue with the 2015 CR-V is that after every ignition cycle (3 presses) the steering lock wants to activate so there is a delay after the 3rd press until the button can be pressed next time for the start cycle to initiate again.

Any one tried this?

Many thanks.

keyproject
08-19-2015, 08:50 PM
You're right about cycling the ignition on 5 times to enter the "remote learning process" for the Compustar system.

The Honda PTS systems are pretty slow in-between each accessory/ignition/off cycle, preventing you from entering the remote learning process due to the time delay; which you already know.

I find that the only way to really get into that learning procedure with the Honda, is to physically hot-wire the ignition wire on the Compustar (Green off the ignition harness). You can either shoot 12V with a probe/test light to it, or take a pair of wire strippers and hot-wire the 12V wire (red off the ignition harness) to the ignition five times with a brief delay in-between each pulse.

Although it isn't necessarily a hard task, I'm not sure of how comfortable you are in terms of performing something like this. If you aren't comfortable, I'd recommend bringing it to a shop that deals with remote starters.

Another tip for you if you plan to attempt it yourself - The PTS systems in Honda's are controlled all by the BCM, located behind the glove box in your specific vehicle. I'd look behind there first to find the remote starter.