PDA

View Full Version : Heart Transplant - Where To Go?

brucebanner
08-19-2015, 09:40 PM
I've been toying with the idea of picking up another summer vehicle(I'm aware of the time of year) and have come across some fun ideas but also been thinking about sinking that money into my SS and like that idea too. Maybe even more since I have that car already.

Now I've found a very appealing donor car with a much better "heart" than the LT1 in the SS. I believe I can pick up said donor car for a very reasonable cost, which means most everything needed for a transplant would be on hand. Save for some special items.

I don't have a proper place to work on such a swap myself or am I that inclined mechanically, so if someone was actually looking at a reputable shop to take on such a project, where would you go? I'm in Red Deer but Calgary or Edmonton wouldn't be a problem.

I realize having a shop take on this kind of project would be expensive but I'd like to see how crazy or maybe how reasonable such a project may be.

Where would you consider, where would you contact? Any beyonder's need a winter project? :D

killramos
08-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Came in here expecting stories of black market organ sellers.

Was dissapointed.

brucebanner
08-19-2015, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by killramos

Was dissapointed.

Sorry to disappoint but I think that would of went under a different subsection. :D

eglove
08-19-2015, 10:56 PM
Garagebox

ae92gts
08-20-2015, 08:17 AM

Was dissapointed.

:werd: I actually thought someone was looking for a heart transplant. I even laughed that he put a heart transplant under "performance modifications" lol. Now I too am disappointed.

Dertz
08-20-2015, 11:55 AM

Was dissapointed.

I agree :D

brucebanner
08-20-2015, 02:45 PM
And here I thought it was a decent thread head liner, didn't mean to totally misguide everyone. :rofl:

Any more suggestions?

killramos
08-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by bruceod

Any more suggestions?

Well I would really love to know where to pick up a new liver :rofl:

brucebanner
08-20-2015, 02:59 PM

Well I would really love to know where to pick up a new liver :rofl:

I may have one going on the market here soon...

sr20s14zenki
08-20-2015, 06:29 PM
This is right up Dario's alley.

Call Dario at Infamous Automotive.

(403) 903-8810

Toma
08-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Yup, Dario, LS swap king of Calgary..... if you are talking LS lol. His semi formal slogan is "LS Everything".

He is legit, licensed, and busy.... but slow(er) season is coming.

brucebanner
08-24-2015, 08:13 PM
Tried to phone Dario a few times at the end of last week. Likely busy so I'll be sure to try him again this week.

Toma
08-24-2015, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by bruceod
Tried to phone Dario a few times at the end of last week. Likely busy so I'll be sure to try him again this week.

On vacstion. I think he's back today.

brucebanner
08-27-2015, 09:47 PM
Been trying to call Dario the last few days with no luck. Any ideas?