PDA

View Full Version : "Best" VW service dealership?

403ep3
08-20-2015, 08:44 PM
So I bought a new 2015 Jetta TDI back in June of this year. We started hearing a rattle/vibration from the inside of the vehicle somewhere on the drivers side. Brought it into northland.. Yeah I know.. And it's been in there 4 times now without being fixed. The car has less than 4k kilometers and this being my first new car I expect something like this to be covered under the warranty.

Will any vw dealership look at my car even though I did not purchase from them? or am I pretty much sol?

If I can, which dealership should I try?

max_boost
08-20-2015, 08:53 PM
So what have they been looking at the past 4x?

Anyway I have gone to South Centre for the past 6 years to service my GTI and TDI. They have been super chill all this time. There's this SOAB who works in parts that's cool too.

I have been to 5th Ave for a warranty issue and they were great. Some bald cocoabrava dude lurks around there in parts or sales and he's a cool guy as well.

Good luck. btw, did you buy your car from that uptight user? :D

403ep3
08-20-2015, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
So what have they been looking at the past 4x?

Anyway I have gone to South Centre for the past 6 years to service my GTI and TDI. They have been super chill all this time. There's this SOAB who works in parts that's cool too.

Good luck.

You got me on that one. First time they blamed it on my tint and said something was broken when the tint was installed. Nope nothing broken and sound wasn't coming from there.

The other times were failed guesses. We're pretty much at the last straw and are looking for other options now.

darthVWader
08-20-2015, 08:55 PM
Any of the three will look at it. Try 5th ave next.

I have a 14 tdi and had a 09 tdi. They both have/had those shitty noise rattles. My 09 ended up being the visor and some air/heat fan.

The 14 was from the drivers side pocket from when they took apart the door for the tint.

Join the TDI forum and see if anyone else is having the same issue.

lilmira
08-20-2015, 08:56 PM
You can go to any VW dealership for warranty issues.
I think we have a few members here associated with VW dealerships in town and out of town, may be they can help you out.

MrSector9
08-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Others will look at it.

Here is my current experience

5th Ave - dropped off car to have warranty issues looked at, Ignition switch would not turn off, seat heater wires were coming up and visible through the fabric, recall on rear axle assembly.

Picked up the car on a saturday, found air conditioning not working (worked when dropped off), phoned first thing monday morning and left a message, 2 hours later still no call back, phoned and spoke directly to someone. Gave him the info and he said he would call me back, called back and told me it would cost $180 to fix as they had to recharge the system, no one had looked at the car at this time. I told him it was not acceptable due to the fact it worked when I dropped it off and now it does not, said he would call back with an answer. Phoned at end of day with no answer, said he would call next morning with answer, no call until end of day.

Got Angry, phoned VW canada (no help) and they told me to just go to another dealer

South Center - Phoned and left message, phone call returned within 10 minutes, made an appointment for the next day, dropped car off. They had the car for 3 days while replacing electronic components and going back and forth with VW.

Received phone calls and updates everyday, was offered a loaner car.

Received phone call telling me car was fixed however no paperwork yet due to them having to go back to 5th ave because the technician left things unplugged while he was replacing the ignition switch.

Pick up car Saturday (Aug 15 POURING RAIN) and the technician that worked on my car did not reset the windows, car all wet inside and the windows stayed down when opening/closing the door (frameless windows), stood in the rain while a tech came out to reset window function.

Plug in Aux Input, no sound, 12V accessory plug no power (both worked before 5th ave for sure, did not use either in the day I had the car back), phoned South Center and they were apologetic even though it was probably not them and offered to get the car in ASAP.

TLDR: Car went to 5th ave, they did not do the job right, tried to charge me money, South Center way better service/communication however still screwed up slightly, Will definantly go back to South Center.

403ep3
08-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by darthVWader
Any of the three will look at it. Try 5th ave next.

I have a 14 tdi and had a 09 tdi. They both have/had those shitty noise rattles. My 09 ended up being the visor and some air/heat fan.

The 14 was from the drivers side pocket from when they took apart the door for the tint.

Join the TDI forum and see if anyone else is having the same issue.

We might have to try fifth next. I've heard some decent reviews from them. I can see some rattles happening after I've had the car for a decent time but when it's at 3500km it sure can't be my fault and something the dealership should fix at no charge?

Thanks for the info

403ep3
08-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by MrSector9
Others will look at it.

Here is my current experience

5th Ave - dropped off car to have warranty issues looked at, Ignition switch would not turn off, seat heater wires were coming up and visible through the fabric, recall on rear axle assembly.

Picked up the car on a saturday, found air conditioning not working (worked when dropped off), phoned first thing monday morning and left a message, 2 hours later still no call back, phoned and spoke directly to someone. Gave him the info and he said he would call me back, called back and told me it would cost $180 to fix as they had to recharge the system, no one had looked at the car at this time. I told him it was not acceptable due to the fact it worked when I dropped it off and now it does not, said he would call back with an answer. Phoned at end of day with no answer, said he would call next morning with answer, no call until end of day.

Got Angry, phoned VW canada (no help) and they told me to just go to another dealer

South Center - Phoned and left message, phone call returned within 10 minutes, made an appointment for the next day, dropped car off. They had the car for 3 days while replacing electronic components and going back and forth with VW.

Received phone calls and updates everyday, was offered a loaner car.

Received phone call telling me car was fixed however no paperwork yet due to them having to go back to 5th ave because the technician left things unplugged while he was replacing the ignition switch.

Pick up car Saturday (Aug 15 POURING RAIN) and the technician that worked on my car did not reset the windows, car all wet inside and the windows stayed down when opening/closing the door (frameless windows), stood in the rain while a tech came out to reset window function.

Plug in Aux Input, no sound, 12V accessory plug no power (both worked before 5th ave for sure, did not use either in the day I had the car back), phoned South Center and they were apologetic even though it was probably not them and offered to get the car in ASAP.

TLDR: Car went to 5th ave, they did not do the job right, tried to charge me money, South Center way better service/communication however still screwed up slightly.

Damn that's rough. Doesn't reassure me about going to any of the dealerships hah

MrSector9
08-20-2015, 09:07 PM
Honestly everyone at South Centre that I have dealt with has made up for it. My vote goes to there.

darthVWader
08-20-2015, 09:07 PM
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444218

403ep3
08-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by darthVWader
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444218

Thanks for that link

rage2
08-20-2015, 09:25 PM
I hated Northland service. I posted a thread about it back in the day. Southcenter was great. There used to be a beyonder that worked there, not sure if he's there anymore. They always took care of any problems I had, lots of updates.

killramos
08-20-2015, 09:33 PM
I loved 5th ave when I drove a vw. Very fair for work done in and out of warranty as well as repairs.

They are the same ownership group as south centre btw.

kenny
08-20-2015, 11:47 PM
Northland VW is terrible. Wife's GTI had a torn diverter valve and it threw a CEL. Northland said she needed a new gas cap. Took it to 5th Ave, they diagnosed it and replaced it right away.

Only reason wife brought it to Northland was because she got a new job that was 2 minutes away. Their service guys just guess at problems instead of taking the time to properly diagnose. Avoid if you don't want to waste time and money.

FullFledgedYYC
08-21-2015, 07:47 AM
All I will say is there is a reason i work at South Centre, I'll leave it at that.

flipstah
08-21-2015, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by killramos
I loved 5th ave when I drove a vw. Very fair for work done in and out of warranty as well as repairs.

They are the same ownership group as south centre btw.

QFT.

btimbit
08-21-2015, 08:21 AM
Northland horrible
5th Ave okay
South great

Mitsu3000gt
08-21-2015, 10:06 AM
Didn't George from Tune Dub leave either Northland or 5th Ave because their service department was so bad?

I remember going to Northland one day with a friend to buy a used car on their lot (older WRX). We had done our homework, checked out the car, were 100% ready to buy contingent on a test drive and made that quite clear - after having to ask for help, they wouldn't even allow a test drive, so we bought elsewhere that same day.

Southcenter Fine Cars also disallowed us a test drive (totally different time), because the salesperson was too busy to accompany us and I shit you not "because the car had a turbo" (it was an old Jetta LOL).

Xtrema
08-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Never heard anyone say anything nice about Northland.

Each dealership always has 1 or 2 defenders but Northland is all bad.

403ep3
08-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Southcenter. Last ditch effort with the service manager, but I'm really not holding my breath.

Will try SC next I guess.

darthVWader
08-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Never heard anyone say anything nice about Northland.

Each dealership always has 1 or 2 defenders but Northland is all bad.

Northland:

I liked my sales person and I feel I got a good deal.

Oil changes and tire rotations = no problems.

Anything above an oil change and tire rotation FORGET IT!!!

Dealing with them for my 09 TDI was painful.

Cos
08-21-2015, 04:00 PM

btimbit
08-21-2015, 04:56 PM
Northland's finance manager is a good guy, some of the sales guys are alright. But their service department...... Jesus fucking Christ.....

nickyh
08-21-2015, 06:29 PM
I have a note on my customer file at Northland on how to treat me after a screaming match in the service bay, this was because they broke something on my car and many failed attempts at fixing it resulted in me blowing up.

Southcentre have always treated me well and my Jetta but now I currently get all my work done at Fifth Ave on my GTI - they don't give me shit for my tune or mods.

FullFledgedYYC
08-23-2015, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Cos
South Center for sure. My cousin is the GM there now.

Tyler has absolutely no idea who you are..... :confused:

cancer man
08-24-2015, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC

Tyler has absolutely no idea who you are..... :confused:

Tell Tyler Paul sent you and have Nam Lim look at it.
I worked there for 20 years and this is the squeak and rattle guy.. best ever.

Cos
08-24-2015, 08:00 AM

403ep3
08-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by cancer man

Tell Tyler Paul sent you and have Nam Lim look at it.
I worked there for 20 years and this is the squeak and rattle guy.. best ever.

Noted. Thanks. They think its the steering column.. I'm not so sure, but we will see? :nut:

FullFledgedYYC
08-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Cos

LOL man you're a strange duck. Running to someone saying someone online knows him. Why would he know who my online persona is? His Step Mom and my Step Dad are brother and sister, so I guess he would be my Step-Step Cousin? Who cares, I've played lots of pool and shuffleboard with him and his brother in his Dad's basement over the years, although it has been 5-6 years since I've seen them last. I have about 18 cousins, not including his side of the family. I'm not even sure why I am going through this with some random online. :nut:

Anyways, my point is that Tyler has always been a good guy both personally and professionally so I can't imagine he would work at or run a scummy dealer. When my wife and I first moved back from BC we went to see him too when the MK5 GTI's came out.

He was just nearby when I was reading this so I said "Hey, this guy is your cousin!"

He asked who you were and I just listed out the cars you drive and he said he had no idea who it was, that's all.

403ep3
09-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Surprise!

They "diagnosed" the rattle as the steering column. Brought it in on Monday, had it installed, and the rattle became more pronounced...

Fed up. Please DO NOT go to Northland Volkswagen for any servicing. Northland Volkswagen has the worst service department in Calgary!

Sent off an email to the other dealerships explaining our full story. I'm hoping once can help us out. We are to the point where we are willing to lose on a trade in just to not have to deal with VW ever again.

hondatoy
09-02-2015, 03:26 AM
you want it done right and perfect George at TuneDub is the go to guy and hands down the best VW AUDI Porsche guy to go to 100% never ever once been disapointed. They know there stuff and cheaper then the dealer and treats you with respect. the Stealers are all garbage just my 2 cents.

SOAB
09-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by hondatoy
you want it done right and perfect George at TuneDub is the go to guy and hands down the best VW AUDI Porsche guy to go to 100% never ever once been disapointed. They know there stuff and cheaper then the dealer and treats you with respect. the Stealers are all garbage just my 2 cents.

George is great but good luck trying to get him to do VW warranty work :nut: