PDA

View Full Version : F1 cars in 2056?

speedog
08-22-2015, 07:32 AM
Possibly what F1 cars will look like in 2056?

One man's vision - link (http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/30/autos/gallery/future-f1-cars-2056/index.html).

speedog
08-22-2015, 07:37 AM
Personally, I would love something be given back to the drivers to make it more truly something that more showcases the driver's talents as opposed to the technology around them. NASCAR I have to applaud on this as they have been changing up the downforce packages this season depending on the track which has upset a few drivers because now there's maybe a bit more actual driving skill required.

rage2
08-22-2015, 10:07 AM
CNN style article on F1. That's all I have to say haha.

The glaring issue is that it doesn't fall in line with any aerodynamic principals, which is what drives the shape of a F1 car. Those straight angles will make it slow as fuck compared to anything else, which I guess falls in line with McLaren performance lol.

Cos
08-22-2015, 10:16 AM

Sugarphreak
08-22-2015, 11:01 AM

Mibz
08-22-2015, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
This manages to capture how full the grandstands will be as well.

speedog
08-22-2015, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
This manages to capture how full the grandstands will be as well.
So is that where F1 is headed - no one in the stands?

NASCAR is experiencing this as well - reduced numbers attending races and them playing around with aerodynamic packages is thought to be a way to get a little bit more of the actual racing back into the driver's hands as opposed to aerodynamics and technology producing a mostly follow the leader kind of race.

I, for one, can truly appreciate what has been done with the technological advancements in F1 but race outcomes have become too predictable for the most part. Maybe a step back with less aero aids and a few less technological assists in the driver's cockpit would produce the racing of year's past - then again, maybe people these days don't want that. Maybe the extremes we see today in F1 technology is what the race is all about.