PDA

View Full Version : Royal Rally Mountain Run - Sept 27, 2015

MatthewHayhurst
08-22-2015, 08:34 PM
Hey everyone! I'm co-organizing an event on Sept 27 called Royal Rally. maybe you've seen my Acura TL or my friend's Hummer with all the decals on them driving around, maybe you haven't.

What is the event?
Royal Rally Mountain Run is a one-day scavenger hunt style event. The event is split into two legs. At the start of the event, each team will receive a route card with a few destinations. Each destination on the card will have a question that you can only answer by visiting the checkpoint location. Teams must take a photo of themselves at the checkpoint to prove they actually went there. A correct answer will result in a 'time bonus' whereas an incorrect answer will result in a 'time penalty.'
All teams will arrive at the Banff Springs for brunch and will hand in their route cards.
After brunch, teams will receive a new route card and repeat the process, ending at a trendy restauraunt in SE Calgary where we'll have an awards presentation for the top three teams.
Start and finish line details as well as route info will only be given to participants and will not be posted publicly.

How much does it cost?
The event costs $200 per car (one driver and one car), plus $50 per passenger to cover brunch and additional rally swag.

What does the entry fee pay for?
The entry fee pays for brunch, rally decals, rally swag and covers costs for the trophies and route cards.

Is the event a race?
No. It's not a race. Even a Prius could win Royal Rally by visiting all the checkpoints and achieving all the time bonuses. Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare? It's not all about speed.

What cars are eligible?
All cars can join Royal Rally. Though we'd like to keep it to more sporty cars. Domestic, Import and Exotics are all welcome!
We currently have a number of M3s registered, an S15 Silvia, a 335i, C45 AMG, Huracan, 458 Italia and more.

Please check out RoyalRally.org for more info and to sign up. Or email me at [email protected].

We hope to see a few Beyonders out at the event this September.

Dave P
09-28-2015, 07:45 AM
Cool Cars and I am sure it was a lot of fun, but holy fuck you guys drive like a bunch of fuck wads.

Your rally passed me on 22x on Sunday

Saw about at least 20 double line passes, a dozen or so double solid uphill passes, and 2 guys pass people on the shoulders. Would of been one thing it if was one or two cars, but it was every single car.

killramos
09-28-2015, 07:53 AM
Anyone else trying to figure out what a C45 AMG is
:devil:

Cruises always breed shit driving, Mario Andretti syndrome compounds. Call it a rally and you are in for a shit show.

So was this for a charity or something or more of a show off type event?

ToXicXxX
09-28-2015, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
Cool Cars and I am sure it was a lot of fun, but holy fuck you guys drive like a bunch of fuck wads.

Saw about at least 20 double line passes, a dozen or so double solid uphill passes, and 2 guys pass people on the shoulders. Would of been one thing it if was one or two cars, but it was every single car.

It certainly wasn't every single car. I went the speed limit the whole time, and wasn't even the last to arrive. Think the Fisker was.

Kolbatron
09-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

:werd:

Cody D
09-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by ToXicXxX
It certainly wasn't every single car. I went the speed limit the whole time, and wasn't even the last to arrive. Think the Fisker was.

Was it because the Fisker was on a flatbed?

Even on Reddit there were posts about how poorly people on the cruise were driving.

Stuart
09-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Cody D

Even on Reddit there were posts about how poorly people on the cruise were driving.
where would I find these posts, I've searched a bunch of terms but haven't been able to find them (not on reddit a lot)

ToXicXxX
09-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Cody D

Was it because the Fisker was on a flatbed?

The Fisker drove into the Fairmont on it's own wheels.

Dave P
09-29-2015, 09:02 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/comments/3mmqgt/race_club_on_highway_40_today/

zipdoa
10-05-2015, 07:06 AM
Wow, that reddit thread sheds a bit of light on the 1%er car community

Maxx Mazda
01-02-2016, 01:56 AM
http://youtu.be/1X_lWELR9oE

The video is up. Clicky the linky if the embed doesn't work.

http://youtu.be/1X_lWELR9oE

Redlined_8000
01-02-2016, 11:17 AM
That video was actually put together pretty nice.
Although I am good friends with one of the organizers I still don't think I will ever strap those logos on any of my cars and go out driving like an idiot lol. I agree there are definitely some people in those events that make lots of unsafe and stupid maneuvers and I don't want any part of that.

birdman86
01-02-2016, 01:10 PM
I've always been more interested in the mileage based offroad rally's not sure what they're called but the goal being to reach the checkpoint in as few KM's as possible so that speed isn't a factor. Someone should put one of those together.

soloracer
01-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by birdman86
I've always been more interested in the mileage based offroad rally's not sure what they're called but the goal being to reach the checkpoint in as few KM's as possible so that speed isn't a factor. Someone should put one of those together.

So the car with a broken odometer wins? :dunno: