PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Compustar

GotRice?
09-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Not sure if anyone has had a similar issue but my compustar is driving me insane right now.

I currently have a Compustar alarm/starter installed in my vehicle and am using a 1way remote. I changed the battery on the remote and the blue light goes off when i press the lockunlock button but still no response from the car.

The problem started a few months ago when my car wouldn't respond to my remote(i tried lock/unlock and also the passive/valet mode) so I used my key to unlock the door. The alarm went off and so I tried the remote again but still no response. So I tried to deactiate the alarm by using the key and turning it on/off 5+ times but it still wouldn't shut off. I ended up having to disconnect the battery and reconnect it after a bit so the compustar wasn't activated.

This worked for a bit, I was able to use my remote to lock/unlock only. Fastforward to yesterday. Since the weather was getting kind of cold I decided to try and activate my compustar again. I switch the ignition on/off 5 times then pressed the unlock button and the car responds and beeps. The car worked fine for the rest of the day until i tried to remote start it. The usual happened and the car started but then it shut off and the remote is back to not responding and I cannot deactivate the compustar with the on/off trick.

It's driving me insane as I can't unlock the door without the alarm going off and the car won't start. If anyone has had a similar issue or knows how to fix it let me know.

TL;DR
- Compustar remote wont respond
- car alarm goes off, car won't start, cannot deactivate compustar.
- cycling on/off 5 times doesn't work
- tapping the brakes 10 times doesn't work
-valet mode nor passive mode won't work since compustar wont respond to my remote.
- battery changed in remote(blue light goes off when pressing lock/unlock but no response still.)

Thanks!

italianstylez
09-05-2015, 12:06 AM
Contact Jeff Ancell he's helped me lots; and done various installs

RickDaTuner
09-05-2015, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by GotRice?
Not sure if anyone has had a similar issue but my compustar is driving me insane right now.

I currently have a Compustar alarm/starter installed in my vehicle and am using a 1way remote. I changed the battery on the remote and the blue light goes off when i press the lockunlock button but still no response from the car.

The problem started a few months ago when my car wouldn't respond to my remote(i tried lock/unlock and also the passive/valet mode) so I used my key to unlock the door. The alarm went off and so I tried the remote again but still no response. So I tried to deactiate the alarm by using the key and turning it on/off 5+ times but it still wouldn't shut off. I ended up having to disconnect the battery and reconnect it after a bit so the compustar wasn't activated.

This worked for a bit, I was able to use my remote to lock/unlock only. Fastforward to yesterday. Since the weather was getting kind of cold I decided to try and activate my compustar again. I switch the ignition on/off 5 times then pressed the unlock button and the car responds and beeps. The car worked fine for the rest of the day until i tried to remote start it. The usual happened and the car started but then it shut off and the remote is back to not responding and I cannot deactivate the compustar with the on/off trick.

It's driving me insane as I can't unlock the door without the alarm going off and the car won't start. If anyone has had a similar issue or knows how to fix it let me know.

TL;DR
- Compustar remote wont respond
- car alarm goes off, car won't start, cannot deactivate compustar.
- cycling on/off 5 times doesn't work
- tapping the brakes 10 times doesn't work
-valet mode nor passive mode won't work since compustar wont respond to my remote.
- battery changed in remote(blue light goes off when pressing lock/unlock but no response still.)

Thanks!

Might be that the antenna is burnt out on your unit.
You can buy replacement unit for about $100

GT.....O?
09-05-2015, 02:54 AM
I have two old compustar remotes, (1 1-way and 1-2way),

PM me and let me know if your interested im them as they are just sitting around collecting dust on my desk.

GotRice?
09-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Pm'd. Also, if it was the antenna im assuming cycling the ingition on/off would still work properly although you may be right in that there is something wrong with the unit in general. I guess i'll have to take it to a shop or something.

schmooot
11-18-2015, 07:34 PM
the blue light on the remote goes off when you press? It should flash rapidly