PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy shoes? Casual, clipless and wide

lint
09-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Looking to purchase some new cycling shoes now that I'm bike commuting again. I'd like something casual that I can wear around the office. They also need to be wiiiiiiide. Besides Bow and MEC do any shops carry a good selection to choose from?

lilmira
09-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Why would you want to to walk around in cycling shoes? They are only good for pedaling, even the mtn shoes are kinda stiff for walking comfortably.

Besides that, I find online places to have the best selection and deals. You'll need to know your sizes though. I just bought a pair few weeks ago from Chainreaction. Not that I don't want to support local business but the difference in price is just ridiculous.

lint
09-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Well, I'd like to be able to walk in them better than my mtn comps that I have currently. These DZR look like they'd be pretty comfy to walk around in but no dealers in calgary http://www.dzrshoes.com/collections/mens

Shoes are one thing I won't buy online unless I've already had a chance to try them on and size myself. Or unless they have free/cheap shipping on returns.

lilmira
09-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Ok they do look kinda comfortable lol.

I rarely have to pay for shipping online as they have free shipping for order above certain threshold. I don't think they have those shoes though. I know my size with a couple brands so that works out for me. You can always talk to the shop and see if they can bring them in but be ready to pay full retail and you still don't get to try them on first.

lint
09-04-2015, 03:38 PM
soooo, who's got a good selection in town?

lilmira
09-04-2015, 03:49 PM
None of the shops in town has very good selection even with road or mtn shoes. I don't even remember seeing urban/city cycling shoes anywhere. Rogue (besides speedtheory) is an urban/city cycling apparel shop. That may be your best bet that I know of. Like I say though, the shop can contact the area distributors to bring in products that they don't even carry in stock. You don't get to try them first but you don't pay neither until they get you a pair that fits.

Moonracer
09-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Try Bike Bike they sell Chrome brand shoes. I've been thinking about getting a pair myself.

http://www.chromeindustries.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1200x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/k/u/kurskpro_black_hero_4_4.jpg

lint
09-04-2015, 04:53 PM
ah forgot about them. will check them out

r3ccOs
09-04-2015, 05:03 PM
I have heard that those cheap ones at MEC are actually surpisingly good and light