PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Painting a Hood in Calgary?

sum_weirdo
09-06-2015, 01:07 PM
My Mustang got beaten up in the recent hail storms and the insurance company wrote it off. Being that most of the damage is on the hood I've opted to keep the car, pocket most of the settlement money and just replace the hood with an aftermarket. Looking at one of these Cervini ones:
http://www.cervinis.com/05-09mustang-concept-ram-air-hood.html#prettyPhoto

You can actually order the hoods pre-painted but I'd rather buy from a local shop and get it painted locally. That way I don't have to worry about shipping costs and possible damage. But how much is it to get a fibreglass hood painted from scratch? If the car was black I might just do it myself but it's Windveil blue. Any thoughts?

big A
09-06-2015, 02:00 PM
There is a guy on Facebook that is always posting on the Car shows alberta page. He only paints parts on the weekends, not whole cars.

I can't vouch for him but he doesn't get bad reviews, other than his broken english lol.

He goes by the name Kokacola Cruz

muffzz
09-06-2015, 05:27 PM
I would give Screamin Paintworks a call and get a quote. They do exceptional work :thumbsup:

or.... you can try "Kokacola" :dunno:

Maxx Mazda
09-06-2015, 05:55 PM
What colour is your mustang?

bjstare
09-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by sum_weirdo
If the car was black I might just do it myself but it's Windveil blue.

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
What colour is your mustang?

G-ZUS
09-07-2015, 08:44 AM
I know a guy who has a little shop on an acreage just east of calgary, will probably do it for real cheap. Excellent painter too.

BAB Inc
09-08-2015, 10:30 AM
Ill help you out.

PM'd :thumbsup: