PDA

View Full Version : Support our local hockey players *Tribute to Ken Bracko RIP*

C_Dave45
09-11-2015, 05:56 PM
You've heard me talk about Junior A hockey here in Calgary before. Tomorrow's night's game at Max Bell is a milestone game for the Calgary Canucks. Their long time owner and supporter, Ken Bracko passed away suddenly, right after he handed over the reigns of the entire organization to a new crew after almost 40 years of dedication. A complete new coaching, training and managing staff (incidentally, my son was the only one who survived the overhaul, still keeping his position of Dressing Room Assistant! :) )

Tomorrow is a banner raising tribute in honor of Ken Bracko. Personally, I'd love to see them name one of the rinks there after him as well.

Anyways...this is a great article by Eric Francis and he explains the future plans for the new owners of the Calgary Canucks. So come on out, enjoy a tailgate party and help support a long-standing tradition in Calgary.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/09/11/ajhl-squad-pays-tribute-to--ken-bracko--then-looks-to-continue-his-work