PDA

View Full Version : End of season riding

MR2-3SGTE
10-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Almost the end of the season and we still have a warm week ahead. Just got my class 6 and my first bike (cbr600rr) if anyone else wants to make the most of this weather. Don't have any routes planned, just going to be riding around random roads in the city area or some empty lots.
Preferably some noobs who'd be at a similar pace. Or pro's willing to take it slow and give out some tips. Want to practice leaning more around corners.

Rocket1k78
10-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the club!

TAKE IT EASY out there and i would suggest avoiding group rides for the time being. Things can get crazy in group rides and some riders are just total asses(im one of them:poosie: ). Just go out as much as you can by yourself that way you can control the pace and not worry about riders around you.

Not sure your background but ive heard really good things about the too cool course but youre probably not getting in till next year.

Youtube should have a ton of vids to help you with, panic braking would be huge imo. WHEREVER YOURE LOOKING IS WHERE YOUR BIKE WILL GO so dont forget that.

Last but not least, stay the fuck away from 17 ave shell:D If you do need happen to need gas there keep to the farthest pump and keep your visor down with no eye contact to the angels

Graham_A_M
10-06-2015, 10:21 AM
Hey there homes, I'd go with you but still at the farm right now, so there isn't much I can do. I have a buddy with a Ninja 900, he's a very responsible rider and you can learn a lot from him. Let me know if you'd want to go for a boot with him

HomespunLobster
10-06-2015, 05:54 PM
If the weather is good this week I'll be down. I have a 500cc ninja, I really can't be much of an ass hat on that thing. Nor can I afford speeding tickets. I'd be down for some parking lots, my slow speed technique needs more work.

MR2-3SGTE
10-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Good advice, I did take the Too Cool course already, about a month ago. I've heard the same about group riding but I figured it wouldn't be a problem with just 2-5 people. I've got the fundamentals down, I just wanna repeat them over and over until they become muscle memory and I'm not constantly thinking about what my hands and feet are doing. Plus it'll be easier if I watch someone else ride live in person

@graham, for sure, but I don't wanna drag him out just for my sake. If he's already planning on riding around these days then yea I can get in touch with him

@homespun, what's your schedule like? I'm free evenings, but by then it gets kinda chilly out. I have Friday and Sunday all day. Weather is suppose to be 22 on Friday and 16 on Sunday bright and sunny