PDA

View Full Version : Want to update my Nav

03ozwhip
10-08-2015, 07:26 AM
Looking for somewhere that isn't the dealer that won't charge me an arm and a leg to update the nav on my 2011 e90 335.

JustinMCS
10-08-2015, 09:52 AM
it's super easy - i have the files for 2016 premium on USB and I can help you source the code for about 40-50 bucks. pm me if you want.

eblend
10-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Is it DVD based? Possibly can find it on torrents or Usenet, assuming it doesn't have any special protection. My 2003 Cadillac CTS DVD which was also used by Acura I believe was just a download off the internet and worked like a charm.

JustinMCS
10-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by eblend
Is it DVD based? Possibly can find it on torrents or Usenet, assuming it doesn't have any special protection. My 2003 Cadillac CTS DVD which was also used by Acura I believe was just a download off the internet and worked like a charm.

No, CCC systems in BMW 3 series up to 2008 were DVD based, then in 09+ on CIC systems it's USB with activation code from dealer, the activation code is what they charge 2-300 bucks for. Now on NBT systems 2013+ it's USB and then 2015+ NBT has over the air free updates. Lucky bastards ;)

killramos
10-08-2015, 09:59 AM
2014+ isn't really accurate, it was actually somewhere in the middle of 2015 MY on the 2 series that got the over the air as an example. With the 2 cab being the debut.

Referred to as NBT-EVO btw.

Anyways I am also interested if anyone has the NBT files and can help me get the code. I am running 2014 maps which dont even have most of stoney and are fucked up for drives to kelowna etc.

JustinMCS
10-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Yes I meant to put 2015+ but anyways it doesn`t matter as he has CIC.

03ozwhip
10-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the info guys, Justin, PM'd

Strider
10-08-2015, 10:58 AM
IIRC there's FSC code generators out there for CIC, just need an ENET cable and EDIABAS which I happen to have for my F25. I haven't had the time nor motivation to dig into it more though (easier just to use google maps).

Also not sure if it works for E cars, but if it does, OP you're welcome to borrow my cable. Then you can also play with coding features like these
Activate Turn On Rear Fog Lights When Welcome Light Is Activated
Activate Turn On Rear License Plate Lights When Welcome Light Is Activated
Activate Turn On Rear Turn Signal Lights When Welcome Light Is Activated
Activate Video In Motion (VIM)
Activate Fuel Stop Suggestion in Route Guidance
Activate Turn On Angle Eyes When Welcome Light Is Activated
Activate Daytime Running Lights On/Off Option
Disable No Seat Belt Chime
Activate Folding In Mirrors With Key Fob
Activate Unlocking All Doors When Removing Key Fob
Activate Closing Windows & Sunroof With Your Key Fob
Disable The Legal Disclaimer
Activate BC Digital Velocity
Activate The E90 OEM Alarm System
http://codinge90.com/car-features/

03ozwhip
10-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Strider
IIRC there's FSC code generators out there for CIC, just need an ENET cable and EDIABAS which I happen to have for my F25. I haven't had the time nor motivation to dig into it more though (easier just to use google maps).

Also not sure if it works for E cars, but if it does, OP you're welcome to borrow my cable. Then you can also play with coding features like these
http://codinge90.com/car-features/

I'm a little sketched out doing shit like that on my own, I have heard many stories of people messing shit up and I'd probably do the same lpl

Strider
10-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
I'm a little sketched out doing shit like that on my own, I have heard many stories of people messing shit up and I'd probably do the same lpl

It sounds much worse than it is... If you've ever changed windows registry settings, it's exactly like that.

As long as you stay only within certain "folders"/options, there's no harm you can do.

JustinMCS
10-08-2015, 11:23 AM
I've done all that coding on my car but on E cars its K+DCAN not ENET cable for E Series. On these cars, the CIC can be accessed directly with ENET Interface via the OBD Port. But that is all that can be done with them. There is no Ethernet ZGW Gateway connection via OBD Port as there is on Fxx cars, so Exx can not be coded with ENET.

Strider
10-08-2015, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
I've done all that coding on my car but on E cars its K+DCAN not ENET cable for E Series. On these cars, the CIC can be accessed directly with ENET Interface via the OBD Port. But that is all that can be done with them. There is no Ethernet ZGW Gateway connection via OBD Port as there is on Fxx cars, so Exx can not be coded with ENET.

Good to know... I think I was just reading that thread, but only made it halfway through :rofl:

JustinMCS
10-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Strider

Good to know... I think I was just reading that thread, but only made it halfway through :rofl:

LOL that's ok, your ENET cable is nice and great for F series chassis and then you code those with E-SYS.

E Series chassis cars can use ENET to access the CIC though. For the 25 euro that the guy I uses charges me for an FSC I don't even bother trying to decode and get the FSC from my car lol.

Strider
10-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
LOL that's ok, your ENET cable is nice and great for F series chassis and then you code those with E-SYS.

E Series chassis cars can use ENET to access the CIC though. For the 25 euro that the guy I uses charges me for an FSC I don't even bother trying to decode and get the FSC from my car lol.

Seems fairly straightforward to save $50 (given that I already have the cable and software that I used for coding)
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15540902&postcount=5

Haven't tried any of the download links yet though, could all be dead by now.

Might have to play around with it this weekend. Where did you find the 2016 maps (PM me please).

The only other thing is I recently updated to Windows 10... not sure if that screwed over the drivers.

Strider
10-13-2015, 10:21 AM
Managed to pull the FSC file from my BMW and generate the FSC code to update my maps this weekend.

Always up for a meet to experiment with other cars just for fun. The code generator I have should work for CIC and NBT on F chassis cars. E chassis folks are out of luck :(

I have the CIC maps on a stick. NBT people will have to grab their own files (~24gb) and throw them on 1 or 3 sticks.

03ozwhip
10-23-2015, 10:15 PM
Got this all done and what a difference. JustinMCS really helped me out with it, thanks again!

JustinMCS
10-24-2015, 12:09 AM
No probs man. Nice car :)

s2k_boi
10-25-2015, 08:12 AM
Anyone have access to an updated version for a acura mdx?