PDA

View Full Version : Little Sheep Hot Pot

n1zm0
10-22-2015, 03:12 PM
I didn't even notice but that Little Sheep hotpot soup base company has a worldwide restaurant franchise and I just noticed it had a store at the T&T NE location.

Has anyone been there lately and can give a quick review on their experience? Maybe even better, this place vs 1 Pot? I'm guessing they took over the Pebble Street space? I haven't been to that mall for over half a year now.

May go there this weekend, but not sure if it's worth it, I mean the price is around the same as 1 Pot, can't be that much different except that they obviously use their own soup base? Hopefully their website menu is all offered at the location here.

http://www.littlesheephotpot.com/

GQBalla
10-22-2015, 03:29 PM
Not bad, just not okay with having to pay for the little things like green onion, ginger, thai peppers.

As good as hot pot comes.

I am boycotting 1 pot, they always seem to stop serving me....

G
10-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Nothing beats doing it at home....:drool: :drool:

http://i.imgur.com/ZHJAzKu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mmZafkw.jpg

infected
10-22-2015, 04:25 PM
I personally don't like 1 pot. This place was pretty good though. I was surprised to see it as well because they used to have one along 52nd which closed but turns out it was a fake?
We didn't do all you can eat, ended up eating the same amount as we would have anyways, so I think ordering off the menu is better. The choice in beef is better too. Try the angus compared to the fatty beef, I think the angus is way better.
Service was good as well which was surprising, I usually don't expect much at places like these but it was pleasant.
Overall, I think it's still fairly new so everything was clean. It's definitely worth a try. They have three large private rooms as well as two large booths in the back for large parties. I hate Marlborough but I'd make my way out to the NE again just for this.

GQBalla
10-22-2015, 05:42 PM
G where did you get the fried fish skin?!

G
10-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
G where did you get the fried fish skin?!

T and T but I didn't like it.

n1zm0
10-23-2015, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by G
Nothing beats doing it at home....:drool: :drool:

Of course but when you're lazy...

So I went here tonight, everything seems to be fresher than 1 Pot, I may not even go back vs this place.

Maybe because they are right next door to T&T, who knows but the quality of the orders was a lot higher by far, for one the thin sliced lamb, beef, pork etc wasn't frozen, in fact nothing was served frozen iirc. Granted they have a step ahead in the market for their soup base, i'll have to say the broth was A+, we got half and half.

Not sure about paying for the green onion part, you can just get it from the sauce table fresh :dunno:

Anyways service was fast, place as relatively packed too, it's cheaper than 1 Pot even, alot bigger too. Got $5 off vouchers for next time. Waitresses spoke mandarin and cantonese too I noticed. Would go back again over 1 Pot in the end.

however less offal selection than 1 Pot :D

saiyajin
10-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0

So I went here tonight, everything seems to be fresher than 1 Pot, I may not even go back vs this place.

Maybe because they are right next door to T&T, who knows but the quality of the orders was a lot higher by far, for one the thin sliced lamb, beef, pork etc wasn't frozen, in fact nothing was served frozen iirc. Granted they have a step ahead in the market for their soup base, i'll have to say the broth was A+, we got half and half.

Not sure about paying for the green onion part, you can just get it from the sauce table fresh :dunno:

Anyways service was fast, place as relatively packed too, it's cheaper than 1 Pot even, alot bigger too. Got $5 off vouchers for next time. Waitresses spoke mandarin and cantonese too I noticed. Would go back again over 1 Pot in the end.

however less offal selection than 1 Pot :D

how much was it? last i went it cost way more than 1pot and like other users mentioned sauce selection was minimal and you had to pay for green onions so after my first visit i decided 1pot was superior. unless they changed since then as i went i think 2weeks after they first opened :dunno:

cyra1ax
10-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Anyone know if they do dimsum? I visited one of their locations in HK and they had some really good dimsum.

legendboy
10-24-2015, 08:13 PM
G is that liver and kidney I see? You need to invite me over for hot pot sometime!

nicknolte
10-25-2015, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

This mirrors the experience I had in my two times at Little Sheep. Pretty good overall value. It's a shame it's all the way in the NE

G
10-25-2015, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
G is that liver and kidney I see? You need to invite me over for hot pot sometime!

OMG a white is into liver and kidneys...my kind of token white guy :rofl:

Not sure why people like fatty beef so much :dunno: using beef tenderloin is :drool: :drool:

Asian_defender
10-26-2015, 07:25 PM
What's it cost per person here? Some people are saying cheaper than 1pot, others say more expensive

JaffX
11-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin

how much was it? last i went it cost way more than 1pot and like other users mentioned sauce selection was minimal and you had to pay for green onions so after my first visit i decided 1pot was superior. unless they changed since then as i went i think 2weeks after they first opened :dunno:

I tried it last week for lunch, not sure if it's the same price for dinner but it was 23.99 per person, plus you had to pay for the soup broth, but apparently last week they had a special for the soup, regular price was like an extra 10 bucks but we only had to pay 3 bucks.

Sauce selection is definitely disappointing as they only had soy sauce, peanut butter, satay sauce and spicy chili oil. They actually had the green onions and diced up garlic at the sauce table so apparently it's free now?

Selection wise for food isn't bad, the things we got weren't frozen compared to the stuff you got at onepot and the meat/fish balls are prepared by the restaurant themselves and not store bought.

Otherwise I think this place is a bit better than onepot, especially if they can match the sauce bar.

Projek01
11-04-2015, 12:49 PM
ran out of lotus root, no shrimp, no pork blood. I was disappointed that I was paying ~$30 for that.

saiyajin
11-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by JaffX

I tried it last week for lunch, not sure if it's the same price for dinner but it was 23.99 per person, plus you had to pay for the soup broth, but apparently last week they had a special for the soup, regular price was like an extra 10 bucks but we only had to pay 3 bucks.

Sauce selection is definitely disappointing as they only had soy sauce, peanut butter, satay sauce and spicy chili oil. They actually had the green onions and diced up garlic at the sauce table so apparently it's free now?

Selection wise for food isn't bad, the things we got weren't frozen compared to the stuff you got at onepot and the meat/fish balls are prepared by the restaurant themselves and not store bought.

Otherwise I think this place is a bit better than onepot, especially if they can match the sauce bar.

that was the stupid thing about it i remember its the price then for broth you have to pay on top of that price which i believe when i went you can only choose from 2 soup broths and they both had a price addition. not like you can just pay the $23.99 and have no soup and just eat raw items :nut: so why advertise it that way. it's kind of silly

at least at 1pot the basic soups broths are free and if you choose other ones then you pay on top of the regular price :dunno:

JaffX
11-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin

that was the stupid thing about it i remember its the price then for broth you have to pay on top of that price which i believe when i went you can only choose from 2 soup broths and they both had a price addition. not like you can just pay the $23.99 and have no soup and just eat raw items :nut: so why advertise it that way. it's kind of silly

at least at 1pot the basic soups broths are free and if you choose other ones then you pay on top of the regular price :dunno:

Yeah it's a really stupid idea. I can't even taste the broth anyways, it's so bland. At least you can taste the pork bone broth or whatever you order at onepot.

Typical_Chinese
11-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Tried it the other day, it's pretty good but not worth the trip to the NE for it, would probably still go to 1Pot. And yea agree with G hahaha, gotta do it at home for the best experience :thumbsup: :thumbsup: