PDA

View Full Version : Hyper flash?

16hypen3sp
10-30-2015, 11:10 AM
Benefits of hyper flash on a motorcycle?

Does it catch other drivers attention more so than normal signal flash?

On the other hand, does it look dumb?

EK 2.0
10-30-2015, 11:35 AM
As a car driver (with close friends that ride so maybe my bike awareness is higher than most drivers) I like the hyper flash...I think a faster blinking light, especially if an LED bulb is easier to spot.

Mibz
10-30-2015, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
Benefits of hyper flash on a motorcycle?

Does it catch other drivers attention more so than normal signal flash?

On the other hand, does it look dumb? I've got a grouchy opinion about this, haha.

If you've got an integrated signal, nothing is going to make your signal light easier to see. Slow flash, fast flash, bright flash, it all fucking blends in with your brake light and you've likely made your lane change before somebody behind you notices that you want to.

If you don't have an integrated signal, you're easy enough to see anyway so the benefits of a fast flash aren't that significant.

revelations
10-30-2015, 01:07 PM
^ :werd:

During a bright, sunny day - like when most bikes are ridden - integrated signals are invisible.

2x a second or 4x a second makes zero difference in visibility when the light is washed out by the sun and brake lights.

snowcat
11-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Hyperflash looks like hyperflash, you didn't change your flasher module or install resistors.

Integrated tail lights are shit.

16hypen3sp
11-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by snowcat
Hyperflash looks like hyperflash, you didn't change your flasher module or install resistors.

Integrated tail lights are shit.

Yah but the question is, did they intentionally NOT change out their module? (For whatever reason.)

My personal thought is, if you have an integrated tail light, hyper flash is the way to go. If it's already hard to see during the day, you might as well have hyper flash to make you different from everyone else.

If you don't have an integrated tail light, then whatevs.

ercchry
11-04-2015, 06:04 PM
I dont like getting into situations where im asking for permission to turn/change lanes on a bike... signals have very limited use for me, but im in the camp where i think it just looks broken, flashing brake light on the other hand, im a fan