PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Tomb Raider thread

Vagabond142
11-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Why? Because it's awesome!

And also, Rage2 complained there wasn't one yet, so :thumbsup: to Rage :D

Nd6evo2X5fw

I'm about 6-7 hours in at this point, but I also am a voracious "MUST FIND EVERYTHING!" type player, so I'm probably a little slower than what the standard playthrough time is.

SPOILER ALERT FOR NEXT VIDEO:

Watch this video if you want to see the first 27 or so minutes of the game. Pretty much introductory/tutorial section, a short bit of cutscene (which they used face capture for so the animations look AWESOME), and a bit of the first full level

z1ViXbnAHBQ

spikerS
11-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

And also, Rage2 complained there wasn't one yet, so :thumbsup: to Rage :D

I am glad you posted this, because all I came in here to do was to call you a Rage2 brown noser.

But the game does look good!

rage2
11-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by birdman86
How would you say it compares to something like Last of Us or Uncharted?
Boobs > Balls :rofl:

Seriously tho, I really like Uncharted and it's a good comparison to the TR series. Tomb Raider is a bit easier, Uncharted's puzzles are tougher. Hard to compare graphics, Uncharted was in its own league on the PS3. On the next gen, I find TR:DE better than Uncharted Collection in terms of graphics. Rise of the Tomb Raider is the first native next gen app, so can't compare till the new uncharted is out next year on PS4.

killramos
11-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a great game. i still havent played the last one and I own it. Should get on that :rofl:

To many good games right now. Where were these a year ago when I was bored lol.

riander5
11-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Was pleasantly surprised when i downloaded the first tomb raider on Xbone for free. Definitely will download this one for free in 2 years.

shakalaka
11-12-2015, 04:02 PM
When is it coming out? I played the last on on PS3 and finished it and got a copy for the PS4 as well. Although didn't finish it the second time.

killramos
11-12-2015, 04:21 PM
its out

rage2
11-12-2015, 04:24 PM
It's out on the XB1. If you have a PS4, you have to wait a year.

shakalaka
11-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Fuck sakes. Guess I will have to wait then.

Vagabond142
11-13-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm probably about 3/4's of the way through... taking my time to savor it :D

To reinforce what Rage said before, Uncharted's puzzles are a little harder as they aren't as easily marked, but I find Tomb Raider's combat system MUCH more refined and responsive. Also, Rise has a lot (and I mean a LOT) of awesome moments where you can choose to go in guns blazing and murdering everyone, or go full Solid Lara and stealth kill, distract, sneak, backstab, etc baddies.

On a slightly sadistic note, one of the most satisfying kills in the game is the leaping knife strike, where you jump down on an enemy from above and plunge the knife to the hilt in them. You can see it in the launch trailer at around 2:15-2:16. It's counted as a stealth kill too, which makes sneaking a bit easier, despite the fact you have a 5 foot 8 woman (and in cutscenes, you do see that Lara is a fairly short lady) sailing through the air with a shiny metal object in hand XD Game logic, sometimes :nut:

rage2
11-13-2015, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Fuck sakes. Guess I will have to wait then.
Or you know join the dark side and grab a used XB1. It's nice to have both, that way you're not affected by silly console wars and exclusives.

SilverRex
11-14-2015, 08:42 AM
always been a fan of the series, sadly I still have to complete Witcher3, MGSV and now Fallout 4

schocker
11-14-2015, 11:51 AM
Played it a bunch this morning. Very impressed. Graphics/lighting are great, and the gameplay is quite fun. Exploring is neat, did my first bonus tomb or whatever it was called. I am guessing like the last though that the puzzles will get much more difficult.

shakalaka
11-16-2015, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Or you know join the dark side and grab a used XB1. It's nice to have both, that way you're not affected by silly console wars and exclusives.

Haha I would pick it up in a heartbeat also due to the new Halo but the amount of use my PS4 gets is quite telling of how I will barely touch the XB1. Will play until getting bored of whatever game and then never again. I haven't turned on the PS4 in 3-4 months now I think. I bought Batman and got bored and then same with Mortal Kombat. Bought the second controller and everything. lol

ZenOps
11-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Played the previous on Xbox 360 using Seiki Uvision 720p to 1080p upscaler.

Surprisingly detailed on older consoles. Its always nice to have something to look at while playing third person.

6Nv4sBCx0_c

As expected, visually better on XBone. But as is becoming increasingly apparent - input lag from the controller? As long as you don't play multiplayer.....