11-17-2015, 02:30 PM
where do you fella's recommend?

R154
11-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Sierra Leone.

Mitsu3000gt
11-17-2015, 02:39 PM
To find? I imagine Africa somewhere. To buy, Bluenile.ca

For the diamonds I've helped purchase, they have all been literally thousands less on bluenile than anywhere locally, including places like Spence.

Insured, free returns, zero risk.

r3ccOs
11-17-2015, 02:50 PM
slick

thanks

killramos
11-17-2015, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by R154
Sierra Leone.

my fuck you beat me to that exact response :rofl:

well played sir :D

Dave P
11-17-2015, 03:14 PM
Alberta Diamond Exchange

R154
11-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by killramos

my fuck you beat me to that exact response :rofl:

well played sir :D

Just today.

Got your back, jack.

ExtraSlow
11-17-2015, 04:02 PM
I'd go looking in some kimberlite deposits. That's a common and successful method.

Tik-Tok
11-17-2015, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by R154
Sierra Leone.

Cowboys tent in Stampede. A little closee to home.

gwill
11-17-2015, 05:09 PM
I've done some comparison shopping as well lately on diamonds. Blue Nile is cheaper by thousands when you compare the same diamonds at spence or anywhere local.

Mitsu3000gt
11-18-2015, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
Alberta Diamond Exchange

ADE told me straight up they add 15% to the wholesale (i.e. Bluenile) price to cover their costs of having a brick & mortar shop. That's a lot of money on the average diamond, and a totally avoidable expense. Even ignoring their 15% markup, Bluenile was still cheaper when I was looking. 15% is probably $1000-1500+ for most people - take that money and buy a nice custom band or put it toward insurance.

What's nice about diamonds is since they are sold completely off spec (and verifiable by a third party), you don't really gain anything by buying a grossly overpriced diamond from a brick & mortar store. Only way I'd do that is if they matched Buenile's price on an identical (as close as possible anyway) diamond down to the very last spec.

Justing
11-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Busy week for me, so I'm just going to quote myself from a previous thread lol:

Originally posted by Justing

It's hard for me to make a blanket statement in regards to pricing, but most of the time we're well within 10% of bluenile pricing, sometimes we're under. Every diamond is different. For the premium, you get to see and choose your diamond, you get actual legitimate advice from qualified graduate gemologists, and you get the service during and after your purchase.

In regards to your last point, the funny thing is, the opposite is actually true.
First of all, anytime a customer comes to look at a diamond, I have a copy of the certificate for them or I e-mail a copy of it.
Secondly, it's the diamond with oddities that end up online. Look at how the industry works; a diamond is mined, rough is purchased by a cutter, the cutter cuts the diamond then either sells the finished diamond to a wholesaler or a retailer. If the diamonds are rejected by either the wholesaler or a retailer, they list it online with bluenile or someone.
Any and every cutter brings their diamonds to wholesalers or retailers first. If for some reason the diamond is not purchased, then they list it online knowing that the person that ends up buying it isn't going to see the diamond and even when they do, the person doesn't have the knowledge to recognize any of the small nuances that affect diamond prices. That's part of the reason why there is such a range of prices when you look at one quality on bluenile. If all diamonds were the same, all 1.00ct VS2/G/Excellent Excellent Excellent no fl diamonds would be priced the same.

That's also the difference between any strong independent store vs. a chain store. We have 4 graduate gemologists on staff, myself included. When it comes to buying any piece of jewellery, not just diamonds, we hand pick every single piece. Chain stores have product sent to them from head office and are told to sell this because it's in this weekends flyer.

I carry a good inventory of loose diamonds and am always happy to source anything specific you may be looking for.
r3ccOs, I'll pm you. :thumbsup:

r3ccOs
11-18-2015, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Justing
Busy week for me, so I'm just going to quote myself from a previous thread lol:

I carry a good inventory of loose diamonds and am always happy to source anything specific you may be looking for.
r3ccOs, I'll pm you. :thumbsup:

I do have a friend who's uncle is a gemologist and they both annual go to the diamond exchange in tel aviv to visit with brokers to find non-certified diamonds... and has landed amazing deals

this time though, due to FX and his personal inventory being far to elaborate for what my friend want