PDA

View Full Version : Captain America: Civil War

beecue
11-24-2015, 11:36 PM
43NWzay3W4s

:eek: :D

I can't wait! Cap 2 is my favourite Marvel movie so far.

sexualbanana
11-24-2015, 11:50 PM
Interesting. I thought Civil War centred around mutant registration, but the trailer suggests it's centred around what to do with Bucky.

shadowz
11-25-2015, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Interesting. I thought Civil War centred around mutant registration, but the trailer suggests it's centred around what to do with Bucky.

Gotta remember Fox owns the rights to Xmen and any mutant stuff related to the marvel cinematic universe including dead pool and such. Where as Marvel doesn't have the rights any more, luckily Sony is letting Marvel have the rights to Spider-Man so that he can take part in the MCU. Sucks big time that's why no Reed Richards either fox has the rights to Fantasic Four also

know1edge
11-25-2015, 12:08 AM

Vagabond142
11-25-2015, 12:49 AM

It's still Cap vs Tony. However, as mentioned before, Fox owns the rights to the mutant parts of the MCU. That's why they couldn't call Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch "mutants" in Age of Ultron, instead calling them "Enhanced." And it is still about registration and the responsibility of being a superhero, just done more in line with the MCU vs the Marvel Multiverse (aka Comics)

I'm just happy Scarlet Witch is in there :D Always been a fan of the character, and the ways that she has utterly and completely fucked with the Marvel Multiverse in the comics XD I really REALLY hope they do a House of M style movie at some point (not likely tho, as Magneto is in the Fox half of the rights :( )

dirtsniffer
11-25-2015, 09:29 AM
looked awesome\!

95EG6P
11-25-2015, 09:40 AM
pretty awesome

SmAcKpOo
11-25-2015, 09:50 AM
I am pretty sure they will kill Tony in this movie as RDJ has stated he no longer wants to be Tony Stark.

max_boost
11-25-2015, 12:31 PM
Damn Iron Man gets beat up pretty good haha

killramos
11-25-2015, 12:42 PM
Who the hell is on the side of Captain America? Always thought he was a putz.

Also killing off Iron Man is tantamount to killing off this multi billion dollar franchise; you know the one where they have another half dozen movies already written and planned for the next 10 years.

Iron man brought the non-fox marvel to where it is now. Iron Man is what got Marvel bought by Disney for billions. Iron Man is the Avengers. RDJ will shut his mouth and maintain his status as highest paid hollywood actor so long as Disney keeps paying him to wear a CGI suit lol.

Xtrema
11-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by killramos

Also killing off Iron Man is tantamount to killing off this multi billion dollar franchise; you know the one where they have another half dozen movies already written and planned for the next 10 years.

Iron man brought the non-fox marvel to where it is now. Iron Man is what got Marvel bought by Disney for billions. Iron Man is the Avengers. RDJ will shut his mouth and maintain his status as highest paid hollywood actor so long as Disney keeps paying him to wear a CGI suit lol.

There will always be next Ironman just as there will alway the next James Bond, just not Tony Stark or RDJ as he got too damn expensive.

sexualbanana
11-25-2015, 01:01 PM

I'm not the biggest comic book guy, but I found the Civil War themes intriguing, so I'll explain it the way that I'm aware.

Civil War centres around the the Mutant Registration Act. After seeing all the violence and damage that these mutant battles have brought, the government decides that it's in the public's best interest to create a registry for all mutants.

Iron Man is on the side that supports the Act, believing that people need to be controlled and monitored.

Captain America is on the side that opposes the Act, believing that it is oppressive and against the rights and freedoms that everyone deserves to have.

How that translates to the movie will be different matter, given the previously mentioned restrictions on the use of mutants and such.

JordanEG6
11-25-2015, 03:03 PM

How that translates to the movie will be different matter, given the previously mentioned restrictions on the use of mutants and such.

From what I gather, the plot only revolves around the Avengers because of those licensing issues and studio rights.

After AoU leaves a city leveled and kills thousands of people, it causes international backlash and puts pressure on the US government to implement a system in which the Avengers are held accountable on actions and to be on an on-call basis directly under the gov't. Iron Man is all for it and Cap is against it.

From leaks, here the teams so far:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--zbuP6Fm9--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1404136616030631087.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--qeKca4bN--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1404136616081398191.jpg

It's unclear where Peter Parker goes, but if he sticks with Tony and jumps ship like the comics, that would be awesome as we'll possibly see multiple suits like this one:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/1/11233/229838-175185.jpg

BerserkerCatSplat
11-25-2015, 03:05 PM
A few people here are confusing a couple of things.

The X-Men (mutants) are not a major factor in the Civil War storyline, and hence it's not really a big deal that Fox owns the rights to them. The Mutant Registration Act was an 80's plot device and was not part of the 00's Civil War.

Civil War happens around the Superhuman Registration Act, and has much more to do with the big-name Marvel superheroes than it did with the X-men. You'd be more likely to see Frank Castle than, say, Wolverine. That's not to say they haven't adapted it to fit the current MCU, as giving Bucky a large role is a pretty big change.

I think Spiderman's cross-licensing came too late for him to play the major role he did in the comics - I'd expect to see Black Panther be written in place of him, but we'll still get to see a bit of Spidey.

killramos
11-25-2015, 03:10 PM
what happened to Ant Man?

JordanEG6
11-25-2015, 03:12 PM
what happened to Ant Man?

Check Hawkeyes shoulder ;)

jampack
11-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Looks awesome!

With the Vision on the other team, it seems like Captain's team is the underdog. Hehe.. :D

That.Guy.S30
11-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by jampack
Looks awesome!

With the Vision on the other team, it seems like Captain's team is the underdog. Hehe.. :D

Scarlet witch can destroy them all. Her powers are above and beyond all the avengers.

Too bad spidey doesn't play the role he's supposed to play from the comics.

403Gemini
11-26-2015, 11:23 AM
Not really about mutant registration - its about all heroes registering with the Governmnet.

Quick coles notes version of it;

There was a super hero team that basically had a reality TV show capturing bad guys. When they were chasing one of them down the dude went full postal next to a school and used his powers. It killed thousands of kids, including the heroes/camera crew
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/8/86/Robert_Hunter_(Earth-616)_Civil_War_Vol_1_1.jpg

This made the government believe that the superheroes need to take accountability for their actions, also this was after hulk destroyed a good chunk of Vegas (which is the world war hulk / planet hulk story line where they trick Banner into a space mission, where they actually jetison him to a different galaxy)

Stark sides with the government - captain america does not and believes that the heroes deserve their privacy for their personal lives safety.

Spiderman takes Starks side in the beginning , but realizes how crazy he is getting when he starts using nano technology to control villains that are imprisoned to push the efforts for their cause and swaps to captain americas side. Stark even created a fake Thor (which was interesting since they made such a big deal about vision - a robot - using Thor's hammer) , which went a bit out of control and kills a hero on captain americas team
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/462/108529-20367-civil-war.PNG

Depending where you stand on a moral standpoint - they're both right... but personally I felt like Stark was the villain in this story.

It all leads up to Cap ultimately getting assassinated after he surrenders by crossbones (snipes him in the head - but he was still alive) and a brain washed Sharon Carter - SHIELD agent- finishes the job and unloads her gun into him during the confusion.

https://alexcoopscoop.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/cap-dies.jpg

I've missed a lot of details - but the story is a lot more complex than the movie will obviously make it . But that said, you can't really have like 200+ heroes in a movie.

The roster is as follows

Anti-Registration (Captain Americas team)

Aegis
American Eagle
Ant-Man
Archangel
B.A.D. Girls, Inc. - Asp, Black Mamba, Diamondback
Battlestar
Big Wheel
Black Crow
Black Panther
Bloodshed (captured)
Blue Streak
Cable
Captain America (assassinated)
Captain Rectitude (captured)
Sharon Carter
Cloak
Coldblood
Neil Crawford
Cybermancer (deported)
Dagger
Daredevil (Matthew Murdock)
Demolition Man
Digitek (status uncertain)
Equinox
Ferocia
Firebrand
Firestar (retired)
Flag-Smasher (captured)
Flame
Sally Floyd
Jane Foster
Nick Fury
Ghost Maker (captured)
Gladiatrix (pardoned)
Goldbug (deceased)
Goliath (deceased)
Grindhouse (captured)
Hercules
Howard the Duck
Human Torch (pardoned)
Invisible Woman (pardoned)
Iron Maiden (captured)
Jack Flag (captured)
Johnny Justice (captured)
Jessica Jones
King Size
Kruzado (captured)
Lectronn
Lightbright (captured)
Living Mummy
Mandarin's Avatars - Ancestor (captured), Foundry (captured), Lich (captured), Sickle (captured), Warfist (captured)
Marvel Boy
Mastermind Excello
Ms. Marvel (Sharon Ventura) (captured)
Natural (captured)
Night Nurse (Linda Carter)
Night Nurse (Unrevealed)
Plunderer (deceased)
Prodigy
Prowler (captured)
Punisher
Quicksilver
Monica Rambeau
Celia Ricadonna
Scorecard
Secret Avengers - Luke Cage, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Ronin, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Wolverine
Shadowoman
Shockwave (captured)
Shroud (captured)
Silhouette
Solo (pardoned)
Aaron Stack
Staten Island Star (captured)
Steel Spider
Storm
Sub-Mariner
Thunderclap
Timeslip
Typeface (deceased)
Ben Urich
U.S. Annie (captured)
Veil
Wildstreak
Winter Soldier
Wong
Yancy Street Gang
X-Factor Investigations - M (Monet St. Croix), Layla Miller, Multiple Man, Rictor, Siryn, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane
X-Force - Caliban, Domino, Shatterstar
Zapster (captured)

&

Pro-Registration

Bantam (deceased)
Baron Blitzschlag
Beast
Bishop
Blade
George Washington Bridge
Brother Voodoo
Captain Marvel
Champions - Aphrodite (CSA), Hercules (CSA), Hermes (CSA), Poseidon (CSA)
Comet Man
Commission - Valerie Cooper, Henry Gyrich, Dallas Riordan, Yellowjacket
Deadpool
Falcon
Force Works - TBC
Gauntlet
Great Lakes Champions - Big Bertha, Doorman, Flatman, Mister Immortal, Squirrel Girl
Hellcat
Heroes For Hire - Black Cat, Humbug, Misty Knight, Orka, Shang-Chi, Tarantula, Colleen Wing
Harold "Happy" Hogan
Initiative Training Program - Araņa, Armory, Bengal, Cloud 9, Constrictor, Debrii, Gargoyle, Hardball, Komodo, MVP (deceased), Network, Puma, Rage, Red Wolf, Rocket Racer, Shooting Star, Slapstick, Stingray, Texas Twister, Thor Girl, Trauma, Triathlon, Ultra-Girl, Young Avengers, Zero-G
J. Jonah Jameson
Justice
Living Lightning
Micromax (hospitalized)
Mighty Avengers - Ares, Black Widow, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers), Sentry, Wasp, Wonder Man
Mister Fantastic
Molten Man
Danielle Moonstar
Morbius
Nighthawk
Omega Flight - Arachne ,Beta Ray Bill, Agent Jeff Brown, Guardian (Michael Pointer), Sasquatch, Talisman, U.S.Agent
Paladin
Phone Ranger
Penance
Rangers - Armadillo, Firebird, Phantom Rider, Red Wolf, Shooting Star, Texas Twister, Yellowjacket
James Rhodes
S.H.I.E.L.D. - Black Widow, Mitch Carson, Doc Samson, Thaddeus Dugan, Maria Hill, Gabriel Jones, Jamie Madrox (Duplicate) (re-absorbed), Eric Marshall, Clay Quartermain, She-Hulk, Cape-Killers
Sabra
Scorpion (Carmilla Black)
Miriam Sharpe
Silverclaw
Skyhawk
Sprite (deceased)
Stargod (John Jameson)
Stilt-Man (deceased)
Beverly Switzler
Terminizer
Thor (CSA clone) (destroyed)
Thunderbolts - Atlas (hospitalized), Baron Zemo, Blizzard (depowered), Fixer, Joystick (captured), MACH-IV (depowered), Radioactive Man, Smuggler (depowered), Songbird, Swordsman
Thunderbolts Army - Ajaxis, Aqueduct, Asylum, Batroc, Beetle (Joaquim), Beetle (MK-II), Beetle (MK-III), Blacklash, Bloodstrike, Boomerang, Bulldozer, Bushmaster, Coronary, Death Adder, Doctor Octopus, Eel, Ironclad, Killer Shrike, King Cobra, Machete, Mathemanic, Snake Marston, Mongoose, Overmind, Ox, Piledriver, Porcupine, Pretty Persuasions, Primus, Quicksand, Rattler, Red Ronin, Scarecrow, Silk Fever, Slyde, Smiling Tiger, Tatterdemalion, Thunderball, Unicorn, Vapor, Vector, Vermin, Whiplash, Whirlwind, Wrecker, X-Ray, Zaran
Thunderbolts (CSA) - Bullseye, Green Goblin, Jack O'Lantern (deceased), Jester (deceased), Lady Deathstrike (arrested), Taskmaster (escaped), Venom
Tigra
Two-Gun Kid
Vienna
Vulture (hospitalized)

klumsy_tumbler
11-26-2015, 12:03 PM
So stoked for this movie... I really need to catch up on my Marvel lore though. There are so many good movies to look forward to next year! :love:

killramos
11-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Somehow i am getting the feeling that the more marvel lore you know the less satisfied you will be with the movies.

So in that sense. Skip the lore. Enjoy the movies. Unless you actually want to go back and buy/read all of the old comic books haha.

rx7boi
11-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Nah, there are plenty of Marvel fans who aren't uptight about canon and lore.

I enjoy all of the movies, particularly the ones directed by Whedon.

403Gemini
11-26-2015, 04:44 PM
An interesting thing with Whedon, is he is actually being told to dial it back / getting cuts made with his content.

Speaking at comic con, one of the artists said a lot of the producers had to hold back a lot of his script / content because it was really hammed up , like Buffy the vampire slayer. A lot of his short quippy commentary made it by, but I guess it was suppose to have a direction of more tongue in cheek / joking at the content than it turned out to be due to editting.

Think we can all thank the editors for that. If it was a movie making a big joke of itself, I don't think i would have enjoyed the movies nearly as much

With Age of Ultron, I guess nearly 1 hour of footage was removed , so that's why there is issues with the "flow" of the movie (like Thor's water scene...)

rx7boi
11-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Editors play a huge role for sure.

Now that you mention it, I am not drawn to Whedon's directing style as much as I am to the overall cast in the movies.

I enjoy seeing more than just a couple of characters represented on the big screen which is a large reason for why I like the Avengers cast.

Some fans just can't seem to get over when filmmaking deviates from the comics

As long as it's not like Eric Bana's Hulk movie, it's all good :rofl: :rofl:

BerserkerCatSplat
11-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
An interesting thing with Whedon, is he is actually being told to dial it back / getting cuts made with his content.

Speaking at comic con, one of the artists said a lot of the producers had to hold back a lot of his script / content because it was really hammed up , like Buffy the vampire slayer. A lot of his short quippy commentary made it by, but I guess it was suppose to have a direction of more tongue in cheek / joking at the content than it turned out to be due to editting.

Think we can all thank the editors for that. If it was a movie making a big joke of itself, I don't think i would have enjoyed the movies nearly as much

With Age of Ultron, I guess nearly 1 hour of footage was removed , so that's why there is issues with the "flow" of the movie (like Thor's water scene...)

I thought all of the jokey quipping in AoU was cringey enough as it was, even more would have really made it awful. I like Whedon in general but his Marvel foray was by far not his best work.

403Gemini
11-26-2015, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

I thought all of the jokey quipping in AoU was cringey enough as it was, even more would have really made it awful. I like Whedon in general but his Marvel foray was by far not his best work.

I guess the original version of the first Avengers movie almost felt like a complete farce (least that's what the artist I was speaking to who did concept art for the movie said) - I'm glad they took the time to re-edit the thing / remove some parts to make it a bit more engaging.

As much as Firefly has a special spot in my heart, it's style/character interactions have no place on a team like The Avengers.

One thing that I HATED about Age of Ultron is - I wanted to see Ultron VOICED by James Spader. Not James Spader as a robot. He has a brilliant voice, and it could have been dark (like the original trailer with the "strings" Pinocchio song) - but watching the movie where Ultron is a sarcastic joking asshole... it made me think he was a joke of a villain.

vl00gSkOtnw

As one of the top youtube comments on this video says: "Age of Quiptron"

Oh, and the fact Ultron fucking had lips distracted me too.

This is what I wanted...

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Age-of-Ultron-Art-Marvel-Comicsjpg.jpg

BerserkerCatSplat
11-26-2015, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I guess the original version of the first Avengers movie almost felt like a complete farce (least that's what the artist I was speaking to who did concept art for the movie said) - I'm glad they took the time to re-edit the thing / remove some parts to make it a bit more engaging.

As much as Firefly has a special spot in my heart, it's style/character interactions have no place on a team like The Avengers.

One thing that I HATED about Age of Ultron is - I wanted to see Ultron VOICED by James Spader. Not James Spader as a robot. He has a brilliant voice, and it could have been dark (like the original trailer with the "strings" Pinocchio song) - but watching the movie where Ultron is a sarcastic joking asshole... it made me think he was a joke of a villain.

I completely agree. Quippy Ultron just came off as silly instead of sinister, and how all the major characters just joked their way through the film made it seem like they were never in any appreciable danger whatsoever.

It worked great in Firefly, I'm a huge fan of Dr. Horrible, but IMO he was the wrong man for the Avengers films. There's a good reason he's been basically run off the franchise and the Russos are running the show - they know how to handle the MCU correctly.

beecue
11-27-2015, 12:04 AM
I'd take the Russo brothers over Whedon. I'm glad they are doing the next 2 Avengers movies.

rx7boi
11-30-2015, 05:04 PM
Looking forward to Deadpool :nut: :nut: :nut:

beecue
03-10-2016, 01:41 PM
dKrVegVI0Us

:drool: :eek: :clap:

HYPE!!!!

OU812
03-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Cant wait!!

freshprince1
03-10-2016, 02:19 PM
So...is this Andrew Garfield Spiderman...or a different one?

klumsy_tumbler
03-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1

Different one.

lilmira
03-10-2016, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1

spidey #3 looks like, or is it like #12, lost count :dunno:

eiysa101
03-10-2016, 03:29 PM
http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Captain-America-Civil-War-Spider-Man-Costume-Eyes-Official.jpg

Annnnnd noone is talking about Xmen Apocalypse anymore. BvS and Civil War have all the buzz.

That IronMan quip of running out of patience was perfect considering everyone wanted to see Spiderman since he was announced to be in this movie.

Plus those Black Panther scenes and the Ant-Man/Hawkeye scene!

eiysa101
04-11-2016, 10:23 AM
qy1Fzem7mqA

Let's Fighting Love!

max_boost
05-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Watched this last night and it was :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mdeleon
05-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Sooo good!

know1edge
05-06-2016, 05:52 PM

shakalaka
05-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Booked to see it tomorrow, can't wait.

beecue
05-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Sooo good! My Marvel rankings after first viewing.

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Iron Man
5. Avengers

flipstah
05-07-2016, 06:43 AM
I'll see it today! Team Cap

Vagabond142
05-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Saw it last night.

It's a very well done movie, lots of good, intense fights, great character development, and a cubic fuckton of humor :D

In terms of Avengers and Avengers-related movies, I still think that Winter Soldier is the better movie. But, we're talking Winter Soldier 9.55/10 and Civil War 9.54/10 levels of difference here. They are both superb movies. The main difference, to me, is that The Winter Soldier felt like I was actually watching a comic book brought to the screen, while Civil War is more of an Avengers movie than anything, even though it was centered on Cap and Bucky.

Also, Spidey.... they absolutely NAILED it. Watch the movie and see for yourself :D

Vagabond142
05-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by know1edge

Tony finding Spiderman, Antman being invulnerable to War Machine

When Ant-Man goes large, he's invulnerable because of the Pym Effect. Basically, as in the comic books, the molecules of his suit and himself are so large that the bullets can't break their bonds, which are about as thick as rebar when he's 50 feet tall.

As to Tony finding Spiderman, ever heard of the Iron Spider storyline? :P

*ahem* I r geek :3

flipstah
05-08-2016, 07:58 PM
I change my mind. I'm Team Aunt May.

JordanEG6
05-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by beecue
Sooo good! My Marvel rankings after first viewing.

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Iron Man
5. Avengers

After seeing this movie, this became my Top 5 Marvel movie rankings to date.

The movie overall was awesome. It's a movie I definitely would watch again in theaters. Everyone had their fair share of screen time with a few pleasant surprises for me:

- Giant Ant-Man!
- I thought Black Panther's introduction to the movie with the King dying at the UN was a perfect way to slip him into the story arc. But as far as the character himself, does he even play a pivotal role in the Infinity War or in the films to come to warrant his own movie? Or was this an affirmative action case? lol. Either way though, I liked him more than I expected.
- More Spidey action than I thought. I'm really glad the trailer hadn't revealed too much of the movie.

The Russo bros. did an excellent job with directing the choreography of the Tean Cap/Team Iron Man battle. I was wondering how they were going to manage the fight and give everyone screen time and execute it well at the same time. I wasn't too impressed with the fight sequencing for Whedon's AoU, so I didn't expect anything great. But they delivered. I'm now a bigger fan of the Russo Bros and hopefully they are 100% in for Infinity War 1 & 2.

I'm also glad they made Aunt May younger for the MCU. I've always thought Aunt May was a mundane cloud shadowing over Peter and really didn't add any value to the story in anyway (in either of the Sony Spider-Mans). I think making her much younger gives potential for a more integral role in MCU Spidey's movies. Maybe I am biased because Marisa Tomei is hot. :nut:

Where was Nick Fury? Still in hiding? Wouldn't the Civil War or UN fiasco draw him out? At least come out for his team?

max_boost
05-09-2016, 01:44 PM
They nailed that one. Aunt May, not grandma May! :bigpimp: :love:

ickyflex
05-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

- I thought Black Panther's introduction to the movie with the King dying at the UN was a perfect way to slip him into the story arc. But as far as the character himself, does he even play a pivotal role in the Infinity War or in the films to come to warrant his own movie? Or was this an affirmative action case? lol. Either way though, I liked him more than I expected.

- I'm going to assume he plays an important part because of where he lives (Wakanda). It is the most advanced place for technology and I am going to take a wild guess there may be an infinity stone kicking around there

shakalaka
05-09-2016, 02:04 PM
I think overall Ironman won the battle between the two. He had to take on two of those guys at the same time and even then 'almost' beat them until he was grabbed from behind by Bucky. Overall, in my eyes he won that battle. That being said, he should have 'forgiven' Bucky for doing what he did considering he was under control of Hydra. But then again it's his parents we are talking about so it would be a hard thing to let that go.

ickyflex
05-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I think overall Ironman won the battle between the two. He had to take on two of those guys at the same time and even then 'almost' beat them until he was grabbed from behind by Bucky. Overall, in my eyes he won that battle. That being said, he should have 'forgiven' Bucky for doing what he did considering he was under control of Hydra. But then again it's his parents we are talking about so it would be a hard thing to let that go.

I'm going to say it's a heat of the moment thing and over time I think he will obviously forgive him

rx7boi
05-12-2016, 02:08 PM
It's gonna be interesting to see if Chris Evans continues to work with Marvel now that his contract is going to be over soon.

Infinity War will be his last film unless he decides to stay on a movie-by-movie basis.

Sebastian Stan signed a 9 film contract with Marvel so there are theories that they are planning on having the Winter Soldier take up the Captain America mantle as per comics.

Xtrema
05-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi
It's gonna be interesting to see if Chris Evans continues to work with Marvel now that his contract is going to be over soon.

Infinity War will be his last film unless he decides to stay on a movie-by-movie basis.

Sebastian Stan signed a 9 film contract with Marvel so there are theories that they are planning on having the Winter Soldier take up the Captain America mantle as per comics.

Sebastian's deal is just to keep Chris's bargaining power down. RDJ's contract also expired but he got Civil War and Spider-man Homecoming out of the deal.

As good as Evans is, he isn't a crowd pleaser like RDJ so not surprised that RDJ can keep milking the Marvel cow.

ickyflex
05-12-2016, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Sebastian's deal is just to keep Chris's bargaining power down. RDJ's contract also expired but he got Civil War and Spider-man Homecoming out of the deal.

As good as Evans is, he isn't a crowd pleaser like RDJ so not surprised that RDJ can keep milking the Marvel cow.

1ccey7IJLCM?t=30

But those muscles

georgemagana
05-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Such an awesome movie!

My favourite movie from Marvel so far!

JordanEG6
05-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi

I would rather go the Marvel Now route and make Sam Wilson Captain America with Steve Rogers/Chris Evans continuing his mantle as Cap on a part time basis and possible a Civil War II storyline where they're pitted against each other.

max_boost
05-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by ickyflex

1ccey7IJLCM?t=30

But those muscles I need a celeb trainer. Some of these guys have mad gains

89coupe
05-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I need a celeb trainer. Some of these guys have mad gains

It's amazing what PEDS can do.

b_t
05-13-2016, 10:51 AM
Yeah Hollywood juices... hard. Look at fuckin Zac Efron these days. No drug tests to pass there. Still gotta put in some serious, serious gym time though.

Tom Hardy said straight out after playing Bane. Some guy asked him if he took PEDs and he said "No, I took Smarties"

Gman.45
05-14-2016, 10:50 PM
Coin flip for this or Winter Soldier as the numero uno of what's becoming a VERY long list of Marvel greats. THere has to be over a dozen films now since the first Iron Man in 2008, and with Daredevil, J Jones, and all the other upcoming great TV shows (Punisher, wwoowoo), it'll soon be 20 individual Marvel works between film and TV.

Never thought I'd love superhero films or TV, but Marvel just keeps hitting them out of the park regardless of the medium. Even Ant Man, which I thought would be there "bomb", turned out to be a sleeper, and easily is in my top 5, and many others.

Dr Strange I have similar feelings as I had about Ant Man, but I'll wager it'll be a hit as well.

Infinity Wars is starting to get some pretty rave reviews from the actors in various interviews about what they've seen in scripts and pre production.

Good times.

Idiot Stick
05-15-2016, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I need a celeb trainer. Some of these guys have mad gains

Steroid.com

No hate, just is what it is

They have people cook for them, tell them when to eat, very scheduled training regimen and very strict diets. They get paid millions and millions to perform these roles which brings a "do whatever it takes" solution to the table

You're not gonna see someone perform a "captain America super soldier" role looking like Seth Rogan

Still need to see this movie, as well as ant man and guardians of the Galaxy. Fuckin slacking these days

403Gemini
05-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Took me long enough to go see it... and I have to , I was very underwhelmed. Ever since Age of Ultron, the quality seems to be going down with these movies - maybe it's just sheer oversaturation. Antman I wasn't excited about (and didn't end up liking that much). Dr.Strange I have zero interest in, even though I like him in the comics.

It felt like a lot of unnecessary shoe-horning characters into the plot just to have them there - however they are pivotal in future movies so I get why they did it.

Honestly I'd say top three, in no particular order is Avengers 1, Cap 2:Winter Soldier, and Guardians. I love all 3 for separate reasons. Iron man 1 holds a firm #4 spot because it's what kicked off the the Superhero movies and was the first movie ever to really do superhero movies justice. For #5, I'd honestly say it's a tie between Captain America 1 (a very good origin story movie), and Civil War.

Civil War had some very big flaws with it. How the debate of "are our actions right? who needs to take responsibility" was handled piss poorly in this movie.

Tony meets some sad mother because her son is 1 of 12 people killed from collateral damage? Well that fucking sucks lady - but the Avengers also stopped Crossbones + gang from getting a virus which would have killed millions. That's war. Likewise with the Alien invasion footage - if the Avengers didn't intervene, Earth would have been destroyed. Same with Ultron. So while they feel the need to make the actions of the Avengers seem to leave nefarious fallout - in the grand scheme it, it was ALWAYS for the greater good.

The Comic book adaptation had a WAY better catalyst - basically a group of D class superheroes had a reality show - and in one of the episodes they were chasing a villain called Nitro - who's power is basically exploding & reforming himself. In the comics the heroes from this reality show chase him, and when he's next to a schoolyard full of children, he lets off his power;
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/cryage/comic1_zpst6bcp9qk.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/cryage/comic1-2_zpsgxb32r4v.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/cryage/nitro_zpsucygwy7u.jpg

This was MUCH more impactful then the movie. These children DID NOT have to die, they were 100% innocent. Had these heroes not had so much hubris and society feeling the need/craving for a show like this, then Nitro wouldn't have been put in this situation.

However in the movie, the Avengers HAD to stop Crossbones, and the resulting deaths of the civilians - while tragic, are the consequence of the Avengers trying to stop a group of people who inevitably would have killed A LOT more than 12 people. And again, this is glossed over with a comment Tony made about "Break some eggs" and a grieving mother.

Sorry that Iron Man has become a giant ass bitch ever since Avengers 1. Iron Man 3, moppiest fucking hero ever. I couldn't even finish Iron man 3, I left the theater - it was mind numbingly stupid and hands down the worst movie in the Marvel owned franchise. Age of Ultron? "Boo hoo, our jobs are hard, I'm going to invent a AI so we don't need to do this." :rolleyes:

Another thing that bugged me;

At the grand ending of the movie, where it was revealed that Bucky killed Tony's parents - there is no way a super genius like Tony wouldn't think logically and understand this is a GIANT ASS PLOY! Even as emotional as anybody would be, after seeing that this villain setup the internal fighting to begin with by framing the Winter Soldier to be the catalyst for this Civil war, he basically takes the bait the second time? What an idiot.

It just seems illogical he would turn 100% of his attention to Captain America & Winter soldier and not deal with the bad guy first and sort it out with Cap/Winter Soldier second.

Even-so, this isn't a fresh wound at all. His parents didn't JUST die. He knows & understands the level of mind control that Bucky was forced to endure - he even references the Manchurian Candidate , so he knows exactly what is wrong with the Winter Soldier. No actions he did, did he want to do. I just can't accept that a super genius like Tony would fall for this.

Spider-man though - nailed it. Super excited to see his solo movie, just hope it's not an origin story since we've seen it twice already.

Yeah, it's definitely in the top 5 because a lot of the solo movies are pretty bad (Here's looking at you Thor 2, Iron-man 2 &3...). As a comic book fan that loved the real story , I'd give it a 6/10. It did a very , VERY poor job displaying the actual strife and complexity of the registration and how the heroes were pitted against each other. It felt too forced and contrived.

As an average viewer however, I'd give it a 7/10. Good fight scenes, but the movie did carry on quite long with some pacing problems and some plot devices felt a bit too convenient.

How I'd rate the movies so far;

Avengers1 = Cap 2: Winter Soldier = Guardians of the Galaxy > Iron man 1 > Cap3: Civil War = Cap 1 > Avengers 2:Age of Ultron > Antman = Thor > Iron man 2 > Thor 2 > Iron man 3