PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Fan

swak
12-16-2015, 09:35 PM
.... So all night the fan on my computer has been going off "like louder than normal" kinda annoying already tbh.
Computer isn't hot or anything, have tried resetting and still the same issue. Started task manager - no crazy programs are using up a ton of ram or anything abnormal. Just have chrome open right now.... Really makes no sense to me.

Have googled the problem for potential fixes with no such luck.
Hoping someone on here has an idea.

Asus laptop, windows 10.
No recent changes, and just used it the other day with no problems at all.

Thaco
12-16-2015, 09:41 PM
blow it out with canned air, probably just dusty so its struggling. (especially bad if you have pets, the hair clogs up the heatsink fins quickly.)

klumsy_tumbler
12-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
blow it out with canned air, probably just dusty so its struggling. (especially bad if you have pets, the hair clogs up the heatsink fins quickly.)

This. My laptop was starting to sound like it was trying to take off like a jet, so I just popped the cover off (like 20 annoyingly small screws later...) and gave everything in there a good once-over with the compressed air. Put everything back together and start it up again, it's running as good as new :)

The_Penguin
12-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Sometimes there's a "wall of lint" between the fan and the cooling fins.
Blowing it out will help but if you can get in there and check for unblowables it will be better.

swak
12-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

haha feel like such a moron now....

But this is exactly what it was. Bought a can of compressed air blew it out... good as new! Thanks!!!!!!!!
In a small town for work at the moment, but when i get home will take the thing apart and give er a good cleaning. Will likely be better aha!

revelations
12-21-2015, 12:00 AM
Dont bother with taking it apart - if you have a couple of cans thats more than enough for a lapper.....