PDA

View Full Version : Dream Racing - Las Vegas

BavarianBeast
01-06-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm heading to Vegas in February and had planned on driving some exotic cars. I did exotics racing last year and had an absolute blast. I was looking to mix it up a bit and came across Dream Racing.

http://www.dreamracing.com/

The cars they have are insane and include the Huracan Supertrofeo, 458GT Race car, Porsche GT Race car and many others.

I was just wondering if anybody has used Dream Racing before? How would you rate the experience?

I'm thinking about booking the Huracan Supertrofeo and Porsche GT Race car since I loved driving the 991 GT3 so much at Exotics Racing.

Mitsu3000gt
01-06-2016, 04:35 PM
I'd probably go with whoever's track was longer haha, these experiences are crazy short. Awesome cars there though.

Xtrema
01-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Dream is using Exotic's old track inside the oval.

Exotic's new/current track by the highway is more challenging and has a longer straight to stretch the legs a bit. Dream's track may be cool for a 1st timer but get boring fast.

You can compare the 2 using Google Maps. Exotic's track is just west of the oval.

Cars seems to be the same except for the GTs, 599 and 650s. Nice to see a McLaren in there as Exotic stop carrying McLaren as they can't keep them running long enough.

Can't comment on Dream racing tho beyond that. Never tried them.

Both track, if you get it right, shouldn't be more than 50s/lap.

BavarianBeast
01-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Hmm, perhaps I'll just go back to exotics racing and just drive the GT3 again and do like 12 laps. The instructors there were great, I couldn't believe how hard they let me push the vehicles. Though when I was finished, they had given my instructor a bit of shit haha.

It would be a little disappointing getting into the Supertrofeo or GT cars and not being able to even remotely push the cars due to the track limitations.

NoPulp
01-07-2016, 01:20 PM
I did exotics racing in the summer with the Aston. Track is fun!

94boosted
01-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Dream Racing was good, I drove a Gallardo Superleggera and a Ferrari F430 Scuderia for 5 laps each (hated the lambo BTW) a couple years ago. Dream Racing does have a proper simulator that you get to spend ~10-15 minutes on before you actually go out on track, so before you actually drive you are somewhat familiar with the track. This is a bonus as you don't want to spend your first few laps in the actual car familiarizing yourself with the track, I don't believe that Exotics Racing does this but I could be wrong.

They don't let you push the cars as much as you'd like too regardless of past experience or competency (I have plenty of on-track experience and a racing license) i.e. can't brake as late as you'd like and they force you to short shift everything and forget about letting the tail hang out more than a couple times. I'd say you're driving at 6/10th's at most :rofl: Who knows maybe that's changed or maybe I just had a conservative instructor or perhaps they let you drive the GT Race Cars a bit harder. But I can't compare to Exotics Racing as I've never tried them.

Don't get me wrong it's a ton of fun and I had an ear to ear grin for the rest of the day but I'd like to be able to drive the cars a bit harder.

NoPulp
01-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Exotics racing give you a class room instruction. Then 2 laps tour in a porsche cayenne. First lap is slow to show braking points and track layout. Second lap is full out... definitely thought that he was going to flip.

I would recommend more than 5 laps with a car. I'm glad they had a promotion for discount on extra laps. It takes 5 laps to get use to the car and track. The last couple of laps I actually felt like I was driving decent and wanted to brake waaaaaay later than he was instructing me too.

Canmorite
01-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by NoPulp
Exotics racing give you a class room instruction. Then 2 laps tour in a porsche cayenne. First lap is slow to show braking points and track layout. Second lap is full out... definitely thought that he was going to flip.

I would recommend more than 5 laps with a car. I'm glad they had a promotion for discount on extra laps. It takes 5 laps to get use to the car and track. The last couple of laps I actually felt like I was driving decent and wanted to brake waaaaaay later than he was instructing me too.

Definitely do more than 5 laps, agreed. Also, purchase 5 laps online and then when you get there, they usually have a better deal for purchasing more laps. I did 8 laps in the GT3 and it was fantastic :thumbsup:

snowcat
01-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted

They don't let you push the cars as much as you'd like too regardless of past experience or competency (I have plenty of on-track experience and a racing license) i.e. can't brake as late as you'd like and they force you to short shift everything and forget about letting the tail hang out more than a couple times. I'd say you're driving at 6/10th's at most :rofl: Who knows maybe that's changed or maybe I just had a conservative instructor or perhaps they let you drive the GT Race Cars a bit harder. But I can't compare to Exotics Racing as I've never tried them. .

This is what I've seen on YouTube videos, seems disappointing if you can't actually push them harder. Disappointing for how much it is.

Xtrema
01-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by snowcat

This is what I've seen on YouTube videos, seems disappointing if you can't actually push them harder. Disappointing for how much it is.

Luck of the draw. As exotic racing goes, they let you push if you proved you know what you are doing in the 1st few laps, as long as the track isn't jammed with noobs.

If you have noobs on track, you have to dial it back a bit every time you are about to pass one. So it there are more a couple, you really don't have much room to stretch.

But if noobs really got in your way, I find Exotic has no problem let you stay for another lap or 2 for free. Again, at the instructor's discretion. They also work for tips as well, so I have yet to find one that is being strict.

carguy
01-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Highly recommend Exotics Racing.

Great instructors and if you know what you're doing and don't go in corners too fast and start cooking the tires they'll let you push it.

I pushed it in the Cayman R relatively hard

VrqVuI3ViaY

The GTR was a disappointment though. Traction control and every driver aid is on, doesn't feel like you're "driving" it, computers are jumping in all the time.

StXW_hygWhU

But then again I'm sure you've all heard this before.

It's more fun to drive a slow car fast then a fast car slow.

The limits of the GT-R is waaaay beyond what that small part of Las Vegas Speedway will allow.

EXR did a big renovation recently, it's not longer tents holding the cars now and buildings all revamped