PDA

View Full Version : Young family vacation ideas

colinderksen
01-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Did a quick search and didn't see anything on this.
My wife and myself (early 30s) and son (just turned one) are trying to book vacation for this year. He turned one in December, and seems like an awkward age for "family vacation" ideas before 2. Too young for the Lego land, water park type stuff. Our original plan was to do Seattle/ Portland in June but now with the dollar where it is it doesn't seem right to be bent over on our exchange rate. But we are still unsure.
We can't decide if we should do a trip in Canada, hit a resort, no solid ideas yet.
If anyone could give us a few ideas it would be great.
Thanks

ExtraSlow
01-10-2016, 09:39 PM
At that age, the kid isn't going to get much enrichment from wherever you are. So, makes the most sense to go somewhere that isn't going to stress out the parents.

Some folks don't mind flying with a little one, but with the exchange rate the way it is, might be nice to just hit up canmore or something close.

That being said, My wife and I did mexico when ours was about that age, and the kid had fun crawling around the beach and eating limes our of my drinks. Worked out pretty nice.

Cos
01-10-2016, 09:46 PM

jwslam
01-11-2016, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Lots of the girls in Airdrie seem to go to Mexico or Hawaii
Pix on the beach

On topic: my cousins also took their kids to Mexico at young ages.

98type_r
01-11-2016, 11:16 AM
Why not just go somewhere you and your wife want to go, but take it slow with some time set aside for kid activities everyday. We took our son to Malaysia/Singapora/HK just shy of his first birthday.