PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Saab 9-3 T5 Direct Ignition Cassette

6Speeder
02-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Hello,

I know the odds of me finding Saab parts on here are pretty slim, but my cassette is starting to crap out, so I thought I'd give it a shot before I order one online.

I'm looking for a T5 (red) direct ignition cassette for a 9-3.

Also, if anybody knows where I might find one in Calgary, that would be great. I'm going to hit up some scrap yards, but most of the cars there already have bad DICs.

Thanks.

toastgremlin
02-09-2016, 03:55 PM
If you pull a DIC from a crashed car, at least you know it made it to the accident.

I pulled a red one from a car many years ago but I think it was a 9000 CSE; I was keeping it on hand in case a cheap Saab with a limp DIC showed up on Kijiji for near-free. I don't know if it works though (car was uncrashed) so I'd hate to burden you with it.

GTR_Auto
02-09-2016, 05:12 PM
What year is the car?

6Speeder
02-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by toastgremlin
If you pull a DIC from a crashed car, at least you know it made it to the accident.

I pulled a red one from a car many years ago but I think it was a 9000 CSE; I was keeping it on hand in case a cheap Saab with a limp DIC showed up on Kijiji for near-free. I don't know if it works though (car was uncrashed) so I'd hate to burden you with it.

I might be interested. What do you want for it?

Originally posted by GTR_Auto
What year is the car?

It's a 1999

toastgremlin
02-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by 6Speeder

I might be interested. What do you want for it? I think Pick N Pull chalked it up as a coilpack so they charged me $50.

I'd like to break even on it if possible, but if it doesn't work, full refund?

6Speeder
02-11-2016, 11:32 PM
That sounds great.

I'm free all weekend, so shoot me a PM with a time and a place.

It's not a big rush though, so if this weekend doesn't work, that's fine.