PDA

View Full Version : Mobile OOP?

M.alex
02-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Do any beyonders offer mobile OOPs? If so, I had some questions I was hoping to discuss.

Maxx Mazda
02-19-2016, 01:29 AM
I'm sure you could find one in the city, but I doubt it would be anything close to "legit." Whether that is important to you or not is another story. To do a proper OOP you need a hoist, which will eliminate the possibility of a mobile outfit.

BandW
02-19-2016, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
I'm sure you could find one in the city, but I doubt it would be anything close to "legit." Whether that is important to you or not is another story. To do a proper OOP you need a hoist, which will eliminate the possibility of a mobile outfit.

I found it impossible to find an improper OOP even if you want to go that route. Unless you have a good connection you'll be out of luck. Not too many mechanics willing to put their credentials on the line for some random guy. Even with a $500 bounty.

Maxx Mazda
02-19-2016, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BandW

I found it impossible to find an improper OOP even if you want to go that route. Unless you have a good connection you'll be out of luck. Not too many mechanics willing to put their credentials on the line for some random guy. Even with a $500 bounty.

I'm glad to hear that.

G-ZUS
02-19-2016, 04:10 PM

I'm glad to hear that.

+1

M.alex
02-19-2016, 04:20 PM

I have a lift . :dunno:

BandW
02-19-2016, 11:57 PM

I'm glad to hear that.

Are you also glad to hear that a significant proportion of Alberta insured and registered cars wouldn't pass the OOP either?

Once you've been through the incredibly painful nickle and diming process you'll start to notice Alberta plated cars left and right that wouldn't have a chance in hell at getting through.

In my view, if the government is going to be so anal about OOP cars in the name of "safety" an equally rigorous inspection should be required for all vehicles 15 years or older. This isn't the case, however, because the OOP is just another cash grab/protectionist legislation for Alberta car dealers.

Cheers.

Boosted_TL
02-20-2016, 09:33 AM
Although this may not pertain to the current op situation but everyone should take the time to read up on the New West Trade agreement which came into effect April, 2015 between BC, AB and SK.

Can make the oop ass raping process easier.

M.alex
09-07-2016, 04:27 PM
just bumping this to the top incase anybody can/would do a mobile OOP.

ercchry
09-07-2016, 04:32 PM
It's been almost 7 months! You haven't been able to get a tow/in transit permit yet?!

M.alex
09-07-2016, 09:01 PM
I'm lazy/it's not a priority :)

carson blocks
09-07-2016, 09:46 PM
It's not mobile, but "The Right Price Auto" off 52nd in the Forest Lawn area did a pretty reasonable inspection for me. Nailed me on the obvious stuff but didn't pick the car apart like most big name shops would.