PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle accident track record (split)

Dalking
02-24-2016, 11:08 PM
Let's go there though.

Of all fellow riders on beyond here, how many of you have a bike, ride, have ridden, and how many years for.

How many of you have been hit by a car.

master hec0
02-24-2016, 11:32 PM
been riding for 4 years 3 bikes, 2 accidents (last season) both were single vehicle accidents.

Almost been hit by cars a few times. Just assume all cars want you dead.

codetrap
02-24-2016, 11:47 PM

RickDaTuner
02-24-2016, 11:57 PM
4 years, track ride often, never a hooligan on the street. t-boned a 17yr old asian chick who didn't yield taking a left turn in front of me. lots of spills on the track as well, but those just go hand in hand.

Mista Bob
02-25-2016, 12:12 AM
Haven't been riding for a few years, but did about 4 years of riding before I stopped.
Never had anything happen involving other vehicles, but have crashed plenty.
1 on the street, 3-4 on the track.

danno
02-25-2016, 12:29 AM
Riding since 2003 no accidents or falls. Anything is possible at anytime, just be as prepared as you can be.

ercchry
02-25-2016, 01:43 AM
7th year riding... Fell on my ass in a gravel covered parking lot shifting into first, got hit by some stupid girl who ran a red, and dropped a bike at a stand still on my foot, cause who needs kick stands?!

First one was a noob mistake, second one would of been avoidable, if she didn't do a double lane change with her light running (I had green going straight, she was turning right going the same direction as me) last one was a bit of road rage after some old man fingered me after his wife almost hit me.

I've had many a close call though with drivers either not paying attention or going out of their way to try and run me off the road/take my lane... Like the one time some woman decided she was coming over when I was right beside her... I even tapped on her window... No fucks given

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-25-2016, 08:53 AM
4th year riding, all low-speed/no-speed drops (<4km/h).

drtoohotty1
02-25-2016, 09:20 AM
11 years and I the closest I have come was I was really hung over and forgot to put my kickstand down before I leaned my bike over lol

s_havinga
02-25-2016, 10:23 AM
10 years, never laid my bike down or been in an accident. Bike has been on its side twice- first time my brother borrowed it and when he was inside grabbing the helmets the girl he was taking out decided to get on it an knocked it over. Second time, I parked it in my back yard and went camping for a week, it rained a ton while I was gone and the kick stand sunk into the ground an down went the bike.

Only a few scratches from the first one and no damage from the second.

I did go into the ditch once on my way out to Cochrane paintball. Came a little hot into a corner and stopped trusting my tires so I pulled up and couldn't stop before the ditch so I rode in and managed to keep things upright and get back on the road.

SOAB
02-25-2016, 10:31 AM
Rode for about 7-8 years, street and track. crashed twice on the street. both lowsides. first was my fault (target fixation) and second one is questionable. shop mounted my front tire on backwards and I lost front traction mid-corner in the rain.

never been hit by a car.

civic_stylez
02-25-2016, 11:25 AM
I think every rider has at least a dozen "i almost died" stories.

Ive been riding since 09. Never crashed/fell/been hit. I think a lot of it has to do with the rider and your approach to riding itself. Once you acknowledge that everyone out there is trying to kill you, you take better precaution.

16hypen3sp
02-25-2016, 11:27 AM
Been riding for almost 10 years (street). Never crashed/dropped a bike. All of them have remained right-side-up for as long as I've owned them.

(I'm knocking on wood.)

That said, I've had major close calls with other vehicles, all in an urban traffic environment. Mostly, not all, but mostly other peoples fault.

shakalaka
02-25-2016, 11:29 AM
Rode for 2 years (officially), one wipe-out on gravel. Haven't bought a bike again since then. Do want to in the future. Arm and knee are from what it looks like, permanently discoloured from the 1st degree scrapes. Was a year and half ago and they have healed as much as they are going to.

bjstare
02-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Rode on dirt (pretty much) my whole life. Street riding age 17->28. Tons of near misses, some my fault, some not. Put a bike down twice. Once I highsided during a rolling burnout (on a University campus around lunch, that was pretty embarrassing). Second one I dodged a cat while coming out of the driveway, cut across some wet grass and the bike just fell out from under me. Lesson learned, run over the cat next time.:rolleyes:

revelations
02-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
4 years, track ride often, never a hooligan on the street. t-boned a 17yr old asian chick who didn't yield taking a left turn in front of me. lots of spills on the track as well, but those just go hand in hand.

If she also drove a silver Corolla, this would be my accident description to a tee.

10 years riding, just the one (stupid) accident caused by a teenager on her phone; no other vehicles around (night time) and the road was straight.

Moving to Calgary (from Vancouver) I was BLOWN AWAY that I could ride without being almost killed on a daily basis. Roads, drivers and mentality here are completely different than Vancouver.

edit - I also switched to a YELLOW Joe Rocket jacket and it made a noticeable difference in being seen in Vancouver. I dont understand why riders choose to wear dark colours (in the hot sun) and then complain about motorists not seeing them.

CLiVE
02-25-2016, 12:48 PM
Been riding for 22 years.

2 lowsides - one on ice, one on gravel.
1 drop in a parking lot.
.....All in first 2 years of riding.

No accidents on the track
Lots of close calls on the street (cars turning left in front of me)

RickDaTuner
02-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by revelations

If she also drove a silver Corolla, this would be my accident description to a tee.

Small world? She was totally driving a silver corolla...

What are the chances:drama: :guns:

Dumbass17
02-25-2016, 01:29 PM
I got rear ended by a random biker on a cruiser on Deerfoot in 2007. Bike was written off, haven't owned or ridden since. Put about 17k kms on it before that happened.

Dumbass17
02-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
I got rear ended by a random biker on a cruiser on Deerfoot in 2007 while I was on my gsxr. My bike was written off, haven't owned or ridden since. Put about 17k kms on it before that happened.

Mibz
02-25-2016, 01:36 PM
4 years, all urban riding. Laid it down once in a driveway, one close call with a car where they didn't see me but I saw them, one close call with another bike because I was being an idiot.

Learned lessons from all of them, hoping it's a while before I have to learn any more.

legendboy
02-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Have had my class 6 for 19 years, first contact with a car was last year (hit and run)

lee88
02-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Going into my 20th year riding and never been in an accident but I tipped my own motorcycle quit a few times :thumbsdow

revelations
02-25-2016, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

Small world? She was totally driving a silver corolla...

What are the chances:drama: :guns:

Thats just downright scary. Was she on her phone too? Did you hurt your right leg?

Nav13
02-26-2016, 02:16 AM
This summer will be my 6th year riding, sadly the street mileage keeps going down every summer.
Never been in any accidents on the street or laid it down (knock on wood).

Been to the track 3 times, dumped it on my last outing. Luckily it was on the club loaner bike. Low sided it going into a corner too hot even though I braked like mad before the corner, grabbed to much front brake mid corner trying to still slow down. Realized later in the day when I went in hot again for the second time that I still had the throttle cracked a bit when braking for the corner. Second time I just kept it up and went off track, when I went into the grass I could hear the engine still revving.

I'm fine with the street miles going down as long as the track miles go up (until I have the room for a second more comfortable street bike).

GreyFox
03-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Entering my 9th year riding and thankfully (knock on wood) have yet to have a real crash.

First year I had it, I was backing out of a parking stall and it tipped over on me. And since then, it's been tipped several times while parked - either kick stand sunk into the grass or gravel or somebody has purposely tipped it over (either that or the wind blew it over, but I find it hard to believe that).

Last year my co-worker backed her car into it as she was leaving work and tipped it over, that's technically the only time it's come into contact with another vehicle.