03-03-2016, 03:54 PM
I do :barf:

The ghosts look pretty good, that's about it :zzz:

Dave P
03-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Fuck that.

sputnik
03-03-2016, 04:03 PM
I have a feeling that it will feel like an SNL sketch that dragged on WAY too long.

Mitsu3000gt
03-03-2016, 04:19 PM
I think it will be terrible when turned into a comedy by the B-list SNL acting crew. If they made it semi-serious and didn't use cheesy comedy actors, I would be much more excited about it.

jampack
03-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Yeah... Not sure about this one..

They do have a lego set coming:

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2016/02/Lego-Ghostbusters-Ecto-1-Set.jpg

Not sure about that one also.. :(

ExtraSlow
03-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Will require several drinks before you watch this. Probably wait for netflix.

sexualbanana
03-03-2016, 04:30 PM
At the very least, the cast is pretty funny.

rage2
03-03-2016, 04:54 PM
At least they still have a black guy in the movie.

HHURICANE1
03-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by rage2
At least they still have a black guy in the movie.

Get the Oscar ready! :poosie:

blairtruck
03-03-2016, 05:37 PM
Mmmmm Thor

Maxx Mazda
03-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Why the fuck do I even get out of bed anymore...

adam c
03-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Watch next movie to be remade will be ninja turtles to be 'female'

firebane
03-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
At the very least, the cast is pretty funny.

Like who? :banghead:

The entire cast is a group of obnoxious overrated women for the most part.

Xtrema
03-03-2016, 07:14 PM
It was supposed to be a reboot with new origin story, but trailer seem to go sequel route. Smell like studio cold feet fucked it up like Fant4stic. Bad sign.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-03-2016, 07:54 PM
This looks about as funny as a stab wound.

Maxx Mazda
03-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
This looks about as funny as a stab wound.

As much fun as an above ground pool.

rx7_turbo2
03-03-2016, 08:24 PM
This makes me sad :cry:

eglove
03-03-2016, 08:39 PM
Not feeling it at all

CompletelyNumb
03-03-2016, 08:47 PM
:thumbsdow

lame

BigMass
03-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by firebane

I don't know any of them TBH. These type of reboot/remake/pretend sequels all look like shit. But I have to wonder what the reaction would be if the script and movie was exactly the same but included obnoxious overrated men like Jonah Hill or anyone with the first name Seth. It's one thing to say the movie is shit (script, directing, etc), but to bring up the fact that the cast is female is just lame MRA bs. If you scan for threads of other movies, I don't see any movie being bashed because of the words "all male cast". Movies are either good or shit regardless of the gender of the actors.

know1edge
03-03-2016, 08:55 PM

BigMass
03-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by know1edge
theres a remake in the works of Ocean's 11 with an all female cast too..

see, this is the exact BS that Hollywood studios think people want. It makes things worse. How about an all female cast of... a good fucking original script? how about that. This is why Hollywood needs more female writers, directors, producers and more importantly, financiers.

Xtrema
03-03-2016, 10:03 PM
_RbZ8qG9QEo
:rofl:

403Gemini
03-03-2016, 11:10 PM

I honestly like Kate Mckinnon, but shes the only one of the 4 I can stand. Kristen Wigg is good in skits on SNL, that's about it - not enough steam to carry a movie

Melissa McCarthy ... FML why is she considered the "funny" chick? Is it because she's fat and does Kevin James style humor ? "It's hilarious because I'm trying to do fit activities and failing at it because i'm overweight!" :dunno:

Leslie Jones I don't mind - but again, she is a skit/sketch comic , her personality for 90+ minutes would grate me down.

Edit: also the trailer can't even get the smaller detail right - 4 scientists saved New York?

Winston wasn't a scientist, he was just a dude looking for a steady pay cheque, it's what made him awesome being the "every man"

sexualbanana
03-04-2016, 10:40 AM

Kate McKinnon and Melissa McCarthy are pretty funny. Wiig usually does a good job playing the over-her-head, prudish character I think her character will be.

I don't really know that much about Jones though other than she's on SNL.

JohnnyHockey
03-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Kate McKinnon is beautiful (to an old guy like me anyways too bad she's a lesbian) and funny, though her movie roles to date have been wasted, she was in Sisters and only had a few lines... She's awesome on SNL.

JordanEG6
03-04-2016, 07:33 PM
This looks very unfunny. Unless this trailer is just showing utter garbage, the dialogue and comedy see very forced and the ghosts look don't look too good either.

ExtraSlow
03-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Could have used the other McCarthy.

rx7_turbo2
03-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I don't really know that much about Jones though other than she's on SNL.

She's unwatchable. I fast forward through every skit with her in it. The rest I don't mind. McKinnon might be the funniest cast member currently on SNL, and I admittedly think Bridesmaids was/is pretty funny, with McCarthy and Wiig.

As for the whole "all male cast vs all female cast". I don't know that I've thought about it much. Funny is funny. Would this movie be better with Seth Rogan, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel and Danny McBride? Depends, but I think it'd have a much better chance. That cast would at least feel "natural", this all female cast feels "forced".

soloracer
03-05-2016, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

She's unwatchable. I fast forward through every skit with her in it. The rest I don't mind. McKinnon might be the funniest cast member currently on SNL, and I admittedly think Bridesmaids was/is pretty funny, with McCarthy and Wiig.

As for the whole "all male cast vs all female cast". I don't know that I've thought about it much. Funny is funny. Would this movie be better with Seth Rogan, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel and Danny McBride? Depends, but I think it'd have a much better chance. That cast would at least feel "natural", this all female cast feels "forced".

I agree. I don't know what people think is even remotely funny about Jones. And another comic I don't get is Amy Schumer. I have not watched much of her comedy but what I have seen has not elicited even a half laugh. I think a Ghostbusters remake with Seth Rogan, Kevin Hart, etc would have a chance

sexualbanana
03-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

As for the whole "all male cast vs all female cast". I don't know that I've thought about it much. Funny is funny. Would this movie be better with Seth Rogan, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel and Danny McBride?

God I hope not. They're funny for sure, but they get so much mileage out of playing caricatures of themselves (in some cases, just themselves) that I don't think their version of Ghostbusters would've been any truer to the original. It'd basically be Seth and the gang tripping over themselves when they see a ghost with Franco making some weird appearance as a bystander that gets gruesomely decapitated by a ghost.

It's been awhile since I've see either Ghostbusters, so I can't recall off the top of my head any moments that were laugh-out-loud kind of moments, but it looks like this new version is going to include more slapstick-type of comedy because McCarthy is sooooo good at it.

rx7_turbo2
03-05-2016, 09:15 PM
I guess that brings up the best point. All male v All female cast? Who gives a shit the fact there's a remake is insult enough :thumbsdow