PDA

View Full Version : LF: Partners for 2016-17 Flames Season Tickets

Stealth22
03-14-2016, 03:10 PM
I am a season ticket holder for the Flames, have been for a couple of years now. Previously was in Section 211, but this year, I'm in Section 227, Row 22.

A view of the seats can be seen here (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97992114/2015-12-08_19.02.52.jpg), and here (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97992114/2015-12-08_21.47.00.jpg), as well as at the end of this post.

I am looking for someone to share games with for next season. Sharing season tickets is a great alternative to getting them for yourself. Depending on how many people are interested, they will be split into 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4 shares.

Take a glance at the information below, and PM me or post in this thread if you are interested, or have any questions. :)

Thanks!

Seat Location / Upgrades
Both seats are side by side, and are located in Section 227, Row 22.

I am hoping to get relocated to a lower row for next season, but even if that doesn't happen, these are still good seats. They offer a great view of the entire ice surface; all of the major food vendors, as well as both washrooms, are right outside the section on the concourse.

Section 227 is also on the west side of the arena. The west entrance serves the C-Train station, as well as most of the parking lots. This means no long walks around the arena, and a quick exit after the game is over!

If we do get relocated to a row with a better view, we will be staying in the same price category.

Splitting and Selecting Games
Because of there only being a certain number of games, we can only do a max split with 3 other people, aside from myself. If you're interested in a smaller share (1/6 or 1/8), you can pair up with someone else who is interested and share games with them.

Games would be selected prior to the start of the 2016-17 season via a draft format. Haven't thought about the logistics, but it would either be over e-mail, or in person if we can find a time to get together. The tickets are in my name, but after game selections are made, your games would be transferred into your own TicketMaster account. You are free to keep all the games you are given, or you can opt to sell some throughout the season, or trade within the group if something comes up.

I will not be able to split only a single seat; if you are interested in only a single seat, you will need to find a buddy to pair up with.

Cost
I don't have the exact amount in front of me, but for a full season (including pre-season games), the cost for two seats is approximately $6000. So that amount would be split between however many folks are interested. The seats will be shared at season ticket holder cost, no hidden fees or profits for me. Each game is ~$140 for both seats. The Flames have stated that season ticket prices will not be going up next season.

There are 41 regular season home games each year, plus 4 pre-season games. Playoff tickets, if the team qualifies, are an extra cost, but season ticket holders get first dibs, as well as a significant discount.

The total (full season) cost of the season tickets is equally divided over the 4 pre-season and 41 regular season games. As rage2 posted below, if the Flames host an outdoor game, the season tickets cover the pre-season, plus 40 regular season games, with first rights to purchase tickets to the outdoor game.

I believe that STH's also get a chance to purchase additional tickets (aside from your season seats) to games before they are released to the public, but I've never tried that, so I don't know that for sure.

Playoff Games
In the event that the Flames make the playoffs next season, all shareholders will have a right to purchase playoff games. They come at an additional cost, but season ticket holders get a discount off the retail prices. If the Flames do qualify for the 2016-17 playoffs, we'll work out an arrangement for playoff tickets. It will depend on how many people end up sharing the seats next season.

Seat Photos

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97992114/2015-12-08_19.02.52.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97992114/2015-12-08_21.47.00.jpg

s_havinga
03-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Hmm, I'll talk to the wife. we have been talking about doing this for a few years.

How many home games are there?

rage2
03-15-2016, 08:59 AM
4 pre-season, 41 regular season, unless we're hosting an outdoor game, then it's 40 regular season games with first rights to buy the outdoor game tickets.

Stealth22
03-15-2016, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by s_havinga
Hmm, I'll talk to the wife. we have been talking about doing this for a few years.

How many home games are there?
As rage2 said, 41 (or 40 in case of an outdoor game) regular season games, plus 4 pre-season games. The cost of the season tickets is spread out over all of the games. (Edited the original post with that info, thanks rage!)

If you don't want to do a half-season, and prefer 1/3 or 1/4 instead, I'm open to that. But if possible, I'd rather just split it evenly among however many people.

Let me know if you're interested. :)

Thanks!

Stealth22
04-08-2016, 01:44 PM
Bump since our season ends tomorrow!

Are you still interested, s_havinga?

rage2
04-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22
I believe that STH's also get a chance to purchase additional tickets (aside from your season seats) to games before they are released to the public, but I've never tried that, so I don't know that for sure.
You call your account rep and they'll hook you up. Discount Hitmen or Roughnecks tickets, additional tickets nearby, large group tickets, etc.

calgary350z
04-13-2016, 07:54 PM
i would do 1/4 for next year and would be open to a draft in person as it worked well with a friend last year.

Let me know if that works as i wouldn't want to do 1/2 or 1/3.

bigbadboss101
04-13-2016, 09:53 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Stealth22
05-24-2016, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by calgary350z
i would do 1/4 for next year and would be open to a draft in person as it worked well with a friend last year.

Let me know if that works as i wouldn't want to do 1/2 or 1/3.
Yeah, 1/4 is fine. I just sent you a PM.

Sorry I took so long to answer...like I said in the PM I just sent you, I thought I had replied to you already. Sorry about that!

Stealth22
06-22-2016, 09:15 AM
One spot left, for a 1/4 season. The cost for a 1/4 share is just under $1600, which includes two seats to every game. There are 41 regular season home games, plus 4 pre-season games, which amounts to approximately 11 games per person.

There will be a lottery draft format for game selections, so everyone has an equal opportunity. And if the Flames qualify for the playoffs, there will be another lottery draft for playoff game selections.

Please send me a PM if you're interested! :)