PDA

View Full Version : Having issues with beyond emails to your shaw account?

rage2
03-30-2016, 12:03 PM
After a couple of months, the problem is finally fixed. Shaw's been really difficult to work with to get our emails to not get marked by their mail servers as spam and deleted before even hitting your inbox. After a bunch of changes on our end to satisfy shaw's requests, it looks like our emails are finally getting through to @shaw.ca email accounts.

EK 2.0
03-30-2016, 02:29 PM
Mine started flowing into my iPhone last night....

Was a pleasant surprise to see them back again...:thumbsup:

Maxx Mazda
03-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Same here!

Thaco
03-30-2016, 03:03 PM
I havent received beyond emails for years, but its not a shaw account, its my own domain, so i wonder if you're on some blacklist out there.

Alterac
03-30-2016, 03:21 PM
about time, haha, I was going to ask about this, since I haven't received an alert from beyond in a long long time.

rage2
03-30-2016, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
I havent received beyond emails for years, but its not a shaw account, its my own domain, so i wonder if you're on some blacklist out there.
PM me your email and maybe set me up with a test account? I can try and figure out what the issue is.

I haven't found us being on any blacklists yet, the Shaw problem is that it's using a spam filter at the server level that blocks based on what it feels like instead of checking with industry standard validation methodologies that the rest of the world adheres to. There's tons of companies out there complaining that their email gets blocked without any valid reason or explanation. Memex had a problem with them too a couple of months ago.

leftwing
03-30-2016, 08:24 PM
The email I used when I originally signed up for the site I no longer use (@shaw), but it wont let me change my email address to my gmail one...

rage2
03-31-2016, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
Fixed. :)

Originally posted by leftwing
The email I used when I originally signed up for the site I no longer use (@shaw), but it wont let me change my email address to my gmail one...
PM me with the email you want to change to. We don't typically allow gmail but I can do it for you here.

kaput
03-31-2016, 05:00 PM

spikerS
03-31-2016, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by kaput

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with gmail?

Anyone could get one and such. doing it the way they have, they cut down on the spammer accounts.

avishal26
03-31-2016, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Fixed. :)

PM me with the email you want to change to. We don't typically allow gmail but I can do it for you here.

I'm in the same boat - can you do this for me too ? :)

rage2
04-01-2016, 08:06 AM
Yup, send me a PM and I'll update it.

Heru-Farukon
04-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Sent you an pm rage

turbotrip
04-11-2016, 11:35 PM
beyond sends emails? i havent gotten a single one in 13 yrs lol