PDA

View Full Version : Veneer work (dental) - mine keep breaking!

Dumbass17
04-30-2016, 03:41 PM
So I have veneers on my two front teeth cause my orthodontist, well, really screwed up my two front teeth when he did my braces in my redneck small town when I was 16. Anyways, one of my veneers just broke and the real tooth underneath is nasty. This veneer was JUST replaced last June for $1200. Unfortunately, veneers are NOT covered under dental because they are 'only cosmetic'. With that being said, this will be the 5th or so time that I've had to get one or the other my veneers fixed and it's really starting to piss me off, especially at $1200 each.

With that being said, does anyone have any recommendations for either an alternative solution or where they can suggest to get a veneer done?
The current veneer which broke was done at High St Dental in McKenzie Towne. The one before that was done in Aus when I lived there, so I don't think it's the dentist to blame. I am really careful but very frustrated right now.

ExtraSlow
04-30-2016, 04:22 PM
Is there something wrong with the underlying tooth?

78si
04-30-2016, 10:17 PM
*Not a dentist* There are different materials that they can use. I had a similar less severe problem. I believe they recommended a zirconium crown. Your "bite" may be a "off" as well.

Brent.ff
04-30-2016, 11:27 PM
Sounds like the bite is off to me. I've had a veneer for ~5 years. It broke once and my dentist replaced it no charge. He told me the lab covered them for a year, so might be worth asking about..

Dumbass17
05-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Yeah I'm going in Monday to the dentist who did it last time to see what they can do about it...and to bitch

R!zz0
05-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Why not go with crowns?