PDA

View Full Version : JDM S13 SR20: Clutch Issue

probe_s13
05-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Today I started having some clutch issues and am wondering if anyone else has had this and what they did to fix it. I have an ACT 6 puck clutch that has roughly 10,000 km's on it.

My clutch seemed to catch at random points, sometimes it's at the mid way point and sometimes it's at the very end of releasing the clutch pedal

Then while driving the clutch stopped springing back, but not all of the time and have to use my foot to bring it back out

when I got back home, I depress the clutch pedal to the bottom it did not put the car in neutral.

From what I read online people say to bleed the clutch but that only works for a while or not at all, replace this and that but doesn't work... Nobody seems to post what actually fixed it. I don't have a ton of excess money to throw around so any help narrowing this down will be extremely appreciated.

tomt64
05-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Sounds like the fork/ pivot ball might be your problem. Either the metal holding the two together has come off or your pivot ball might of broken a bit. If it is a consistent problem then I would try bleeding it first.

ACT clutches are brutal for engagement, I wouldnt be surprised if that helped cause your current situation.

gretz
05-03-2016, 11:48 PM
Clutch slave or master... Look for sweating / leaks / "wet" carpet, should narrow it down