PDA

View Full Version : Trading in watches?

03ozwhip
05-11-2016, 12:29 PM
I've read alot on WUS and other forums that there are jewellers/dealers that will trade your watches up or down, at least in the US.

Are there any stores that do that in Calgary?

you&me
05-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
I've read alot on WUS and other forums that there are jewellers/dealers that will trade your watches up or down, at least in the US.

Are there any stores that do that in Calgary?

I know Brinkhaus will consider trades of a certain quality.

However, if you think the spread on trade values v. asking prices for used cars is high, it's positively obscene on watches.

03ozwhip
05-11-2016, 05:43 PM
I'm sure that's the case, but I have read alot of times that they get really fair trade in values in the US. No idea if it actually is or not, just read it.

I guess I should ask this, then, are there any stores, other than pawn shops, that sell used watches?

Type_S1
05-11-2016, 06:34 PM
What watches are you looking to get out of? I'm sure a Beyonder would pay a fair value?

03ozwhip
05-11-2016, 06:39 PM
I don't know what I want to do lol but I am thinking of getting rid of the TAG I just bought in December. I was going to put the value towards something else but I'm mixed feelings about getting rid of it and not finding what I want.

I don't know what I even want lol

Pacman
05-11-2016, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
I don't know what I want to do lol but I am thinking of getting rid of the TAG I just bought in December. I was going to put the value towards something else but I'm mixed feelings about getting rid of it and not finding what I want.

I don't know what I even want lol

Did you buy the Tag new from an dealer? If so, and unless it's one of the few Tag's that hold value, be prepared to get absolutely decimated when selling it used or trading it in.

Selling a used watch is worse than selling a car when it comes to depreciation.

Your best bet is offering it up for trade on the watch forums in order to preserve any value.

03ozwhip
05-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Ya it's basically brand new bought from a TAG store. I don't want to get rid of it, I'm just thinking maybe I'd rather have something else.

I haven't seen it locally and as far as I've read, you can only get it online or at an actual TAG store so I think it's more rare than any other Formula 1.

R154
05-17-2016, 05:20 AM
That doesn't make it a valuable tag. What is the actual watch you're trying to punt. Model number, numbers and papers.

I can almost gaurunteed that you are going to lose everything on it. Except for desirables, nothing is moving, locally.

03ozwhip
05-17-2016, 09:33 AM
I posted it for sale in the marketplace. I haven't posted it anywhere else. Not actively wanting to sell it lol