PDA

View Full Version : "Homicide Hunter: Lt. Joe Kenda"

Seth1968
05-17-2016, 08:44 AM
Homicide Hunter (also known as Homicide Hunter: Lt. Joe Kenda) is an American documentary television series showcasing the career of retired Colorado Springs police detective Joseph Kenda. Joseph Kenda was born November 19, 1946 in Herminie, Pennsylvania. He was a homicide investigator for 19 years and the show is based on his past cases which take place in Colorado Springs at the Colorado Springs Police Department. It debuted October 25, 2011 on Investigation Discovery[1] and has been renewed for a sixth season expanded to 20 shows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicide_Hunter

I found this gem a couple of weeks ago on YT and have seen at least half the episodes. Most IMDB reviews give it a 9 or 10.

True stories, no melodramatic TV series BS, and Kenda telling it like it is.

civic_stylez
05-17-2016, 10:13 AM
Looks awesome. i will check these out!

Seth1968
05-17-2016, 10:34 AM
Kenda's viewpoints are spot on IMO, and his quotes are epic.

Not only does he make it quite clear that he despises the POS that he hunts, be he would prefer to administer "justice" himself when he catches them.

If one agrees to that or not, it's that heart felt tenacity that makes him such a successful detective.

Mitsu3000gt
05-19-2016, 10:31 PM
Season 1 seems to be hard to find, they aren't on my newsgroups either until later seasons. The ones I found on YT were boarderline unwatchable. Seems like a cool show though.

leftwing
05-23-2016, 07:31 PM
You can find this show on Telus cable, Channel 378 the network is Investigation Discovery. Other similar shows I like on this network are:

"I (almost) got away with it" - This profiles criminals who commit some sort of crime (usually murder) then go on the run for a while then eventually get caught. Pretty interesting show.

"Who the bleep did I marry" - Profiles couples who meet then one spouse turns out to be messed up (pedophile, scam artist, murderer, rapist, etc)

g-m
05-26-2016, 09:25 PM
sooooo where else can you find it? Considering nobody under 40 has cable. I watched the first season on YT and liked it. But its nowhere to be found after that!

Seth1968
05-27-2016, 06:24 AM
I've watched almost all of the episodes on YT by going to one of the episodes and then letting it auto play the next episode. It's not in chronological order, but it not need be.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVNpbOWhTv0

Once that one is finished, it will go to another episode, or you can click the Next button in YT to go to the next episode.

After checking a series and episode list, I found out that I only saw about 70% of the episodes with that method. In those cases, I directly Googled the title, clicked on "videos", and manually found those on YT or Daily Motion. However, some of those were in reduced size and/or slowed down due to legal issues. For the size, I used the zoom on my TV which helped some, but I didn't try downloading it, and zooming it even more via a media player. The slowed ones can be overcome by clicking the gear icon in YT and changing the video speed to 1.25.

I'm now marathoning Forensic Files which is often rated as one of the best true crime series (as is Homicide Hunter). Forensic File's episodes are only 20 minutes long, so there's 0 filler crap.