View Full Version : Lamborghini street race in Calgary

01RedDX
05-29-2016, 10:59 PM

vengie
05-29-2016, 11:08 PM
What a bunch of idiots.

spikerS
05-29-2016, 11:17 PM
and the whole sweet exhaust note is lost because of wind buffeting.

And yes, idiots.

tcon
05-29-2016, 11:33 PM
Saw that aventador ripping up the QE2 by Airdrie the other day

Buster
05-29-2016, 11:48 PM
edit

whatthe
05-29-2016, 11:58 PM
Cool car, but winner was pretty obvious even at the start of the tunnel.

260 km/hr-ish going WOT for that long in the Aventador or the tuned LP560?? Yikes....

JustinMCS
05-30-2016, 12:24 AM
dealer plates? they work at lambo? cx cars? what is going on lol

reijo
05-30-2016, 04:29 AM
Very irresponsible and dangerous! Geez, keep it on the track! Want to go fast and learn how to drive? The track ... go to the track. Castrol, 1/4, mile autox etc. There are outlets that are much, much safer than streets and no tickets then ... never mind the danger.

Notice the car they blew by? What if that car/person had decided to change lanes? With such a high speed differential (the real danger), people cannot judge the circumstances very well. There would have been nowhere to go. Game over.

Obviously these guys did not know what they were doing and put 3 cars and the people in them into danger.

With this posted on-line, I bet it would be very easy for the police to find them. How many Lambos in Calgary like these two? Bet not many.

R

Sugarphreak
05-30-2016, 06:19 AM

Hallowed_point
05-30-2016, 07:27 AM
I always thought that the unspoken rule in roll racing was to let off as soon as you start pulling bus lengths. Seemed totally unnecessary and dangerous. Not to say that doing a pull on the street is "safe" but there are ways to make it less risky. This was not one of them!

The driver is also incredibly stupid to show his face in the video. In these times, it's very easy for someone to track you down via social media. :nut:

flipstah
05-30-2016, 07:36 AM
Silver Lamborghini looks surprisingly nice. Very refreshing from the usual bold colors.

And, the tunnel is now heat central.

bjstare
05-30-2016, 08:05 AM
what a jackass

Buster
05-30-2016, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by cjblair

Didn't realize this was him, what a jackass, although I'm not that surprised.. I grew up around his family, he was a couple years ahead of me in school.

Trust fund?

samo147
05-30-2016, 08:23 AM
thought the airport tunnel was lined with speed sensors and cameras?

Aleks
05-30-2016, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
Silver Lamborghini looks surprisingly nice. Very refreshing from the usual bold colors.

And, the tunnel is now heat central.

They passed 1 car the whole time. That's about what rush hour looks like through this area. :burnout:

riander5
05-30-2016, 08:43 AM
Wouldnt have been such a big deal if the street race didnt turn into a top speed run. Who continues to 250 km/h after they have already been smoked in a race? What a twat. Ill trade him cars though

Hallowed_point
05-30-2016, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by riander5
Wouldnt have been such a big deal if the street race didnt turn into a top speed run. Who continues to 250 km/h after they have already been smoked in a race? What a twat. Ill trade him cars though Exactly. A quick pull is risky, but not a big deal imo. Everyone does it from time to time. Going past 150 km/hr for an extended length goes to the side of insane in my books.

Kloubek
05-30-2016, 09:40 AM
Coming home from work Thursday (?) on westbound Stoney I encountered a street race between a couple BRZ/FRS's. I was in the fast lane and already going some 120k when I saw the one in the lead coming up on me fast. He must have been weaving in and out of traffic, because he was already almost on me by the time I saw him. I didn't want to pull into the slow lane in fear of causing an incident. I thought he would slow down, but he ended up speeding up and passed me on the right side.

The problem with this is that there was a car in the slow lane going noticeably slower than myself, and by the time this idiot had switched lanes, there was VERY little room for him to pull back into my lane after he passed me. In fact, had it not been for the car in the slow lane moving into the shoulder in panic and had I not slowed down after he passed he probably would have clipped my passenger corner when he pulled back into the left lane.

Luckily, his racing partner backed off and didn't do anything equally as dumb. Fact is, there was simply nowhere for him to go until I had time to pull over into the right lane.

So if this happened to be you, and you're on Beyond, I'll give you a big public "fuck you" right now. You were also caught on camera, though lucky for you I have a POS camera which uploads so slowly it isn't worth my time.

I'll admit it. I speed all the time. But there is a big difference between going 10-20k over when there is room to do so, and going 175-190k/hr along with weaving in and out of traffic, or worse yet, doing what the cars in this video are doing and going even faster. If you want to go these speeds, pick a back road in the middle of buttfucknowhere with no traffic and go kill yourself there.

rage2
05-30-2016, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by samo147
thought the airport tunnel was lined with speed sensors and cameras?
It is.

Mibz
Originally posted by Kloubek
street race between a couple BRZ/FRS's.

175-190k/hr Something's not adding up here....

Buster
Can a BRZ even go 120kph?

Mibz
05-30-2016, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Buster
Can a BRZ even go 120kph? I hit 130 on Stoney this morning thanks to a strong tailwind.

Kloubek
05-30-2016, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Something's not adding up here....

Ha. No, they really were going that fast. At least, the one in the lead. He blew past me, and I was going a pretty good clip myself.

88CRX
05-30-2016, 10:20 AM
How stupid do you have to be to make a video like this (with your face showing) and then post it to youtube under an account name that appears to be your full name. And have multiple other videos that show the plate number. :rofl: :rofl:

What's the over/under before this makes it onto the news?

Buster
05-30-2016, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Ha. No, they really were going that fast. At least, the one in the lead. He blew past me, and I was going a pretty good clip myself.

Well, in his defence, it probably took him 15 minutes to get it up to that speed, so he didn't want to kill his momentum.

vengie
05-30-2016, 10:28 AM
This kid's youtube is FULL of street racing videos going full bore through the airport tunnel.

He also has the dealer plate in clear view.

Brutal. :banghead:

BavarianBeast
05-30-2016, 10:45 AM
Damn Alan, you're getting softer than puppy shit!

JustinMCS
05-30-2016, 11:01 AM
video is private now lol did anyone download it :poosie:

bjstare
05-30-2016, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS

Safe to say hes friends with a beyonder then haha, video was 2 months old and just happens to go private this morning...

rx7boi
05-30-2016, 11:28 AM
Meh, video was posted back in March so if anything was gonna happen, it should have happened by now.

Moving on!!

max_boost
05-30-2016, 11:30 AM
nice rides. that's dangerous though. next time block it off fast and furious style.

tha_bandit
05-30-2016, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS

All the vids on the account are private :dunno:

revelations
05-30-2016, 11:39 AM
The video has been deleted, not private any longer.

Xtrema
05-30-2016, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Something's not adding up here....

It's right, all 3 them added up to be 190kph @ 60+ kph each. :rofl:

MR2-3SGTE
05-30-2016, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by rage2

It is.

From what I heard, those are just safety cameras for monitoring the tunnel. Not speed cameras. Although there is sometimes a parked police car on one end of the tunnel with a camera. I could be wrong, but I've gone fast enough in the tunnel many times and haven't ever received anything in the mail

revelations
05-30-2016, 12:11 PM
Speed sensors and cameras just tell the city WHAT is happening in the tunnel. Its not like there is a direct line to the CPS office in the NE telling them to go arrest someone who just drove through the tunnel at Mach 2.

The cameras arent of a high enough res to freeze plates, especially at speed.

If they want to STOP speeding in the tunnel, do what they do in Europe and place BIG signs and speed cameras in the tunnel.

This WILL slow most people down.

flipstah
05-30-2016, 12:27 PM

Sentry
05-30-2016, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Speed sensors and cameras just tell the city WHAT is happening in the tunnel. Its not like there is a direct line to the CPS office in the NE telling them to go arrest someone who just drove through the tunnel at Mach 2.

The cameras arent of a high enough res to freeze plates, especially at speed.

If they want to STOP speeding in the tunnel, do what they do in Europe and place BIG signs and speed cameras in the tunnel.

This WILL slow most people down.
You mean it doesn't light up a red phone on Nenshi's desk?

BavarianBeast
05-30-2016, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by MR2-3SGTE

From what I heard, those are just safety cameras for monitoring the tunnel. Not speed cameras. Although there is sometimes a parked police car on one end of the tunnel with a camera. I could be wrong, but I've gone fast enough in the tunnel many times and haven't ever received anything in the mail

I built the tunnel.. It isn't.

rx7boi
05-30-2016, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by MR2-3SGTE

This. I've gone through there doing a quick pull several times and never got anything in the mail.

Surprised that the city isn't capitalizing on how much gearheads love tunnels :rofl:

revelations
05-30-2016, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Sentry

You mean it doesn't light up a red phone on Nenshi's desk?

:rofl:

Buster
05-30-2016, 01:45 PM
If these Lamborghini guys were uber drivers nenshi would be going apeshit right now.

Gripenfelter
05-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Damn, missed the video.

Darell_n
05-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Gripenfelter
Damn, missed the video.

Just a few mediocrely quick store bought cars driving in a straight line with the sound of wind noise.

flipstah
05-30-2016, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Darell_n

Just a few mediocrely quick store bought cars driving in a straight line with the sound of wind noise.

Amateurs don't know where to place the camera lol.

whatthe
05-30-2016, 04:21 PM

Agreed on all but the fact about the mediocre quick.

mid-Low 10s and 136 mph in 400 meters is actually quite fast on the street. Made really offensive by the fact that these guys were WOT for probably double that distance and passed an unpredictable entity/car/pylon in the middle of the road doing the speed limit.

Darell_n
05-30-2016, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by whatthe

Agreed on all but the fact about the mediocre quick.

mid-Low 10s and 136 mph in 400 meters is actually quite fast on the street. Made really offensive by the fact that these guys were WOT for probably double that distance and passed an unpredictable entity/car/pylon in the middle of the road doing the speed limit.

They were not 1000hp purpose build drag cars, hence my statement. And 1000+hp cars are somewhat common now days.

whatthe
05-30-2016, 07:02 PM

They were not 1000hp purpose build drag cars, hence my statement. And 1000+hp cars are somewhat common now days.

I get that people may have or certainly all know someone with a faster car than this, but there aren't thousands of 1000hp cars running around Calgary. For street cars RWDs have tire/traction limitations, AWDs have higher drivetrain losses and top end is usually less impressive (GTR is a solid exception), FWDs... well, I saw that one at Driven with a parachute on the back.

Certainly better use of resources would be something more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuE5BNL_6T8&index=3&list=PLcwzzqBlrJgVA1rr4copBnalBEJSCSO7h