PDA

View Full Version : XBoxOne speedtest less than plan speed on 5GHz wireless?

ZMan2k2
06-12-2016, 11:36 AM
So, over the last week or so, my XBO has been slower on the download portion of the speedtest. Wired or wireless, doesn't matter, so, because I want it wireless, we'll focus on that. Router is an Asus RT-AC3100. I have IPTV settings working in it, so that I don't need the Telus router at all, the Asus router works just like the Telus router.

I'm on Internet 25 with Telus, and with my laptop, I easily top that out wirelessly on 2.4GHz at around 27Mbps. But the XBO on the 5GHz option only hits 13-14Mbps. This is a problem for downloading games, more than playing. I have 0% packet loss, and a full 5Mbps upload speed. Wireless strength is 70%.

Only thing done differently, I did have the ports for the XBO individually opened, but between going wired and wireless, I screwed up the wireless connection. So instead, I clicked the "Optimize for XBox" button on the routers' settings screen. That's when the slowdown began.

ZMan2k2
06-12-2016, 06:14 PM
I changed the "Optimized for XBox" setting, and opened the ports needed for an open NAT on XBox Live manually.

I guess I should explain why I'm asking about this. I don't want wired, as I have the Telus wireless TV switch taking the majority of the bandwidth on the switch that I have in the back of my entertainment unit. So, I wanted to go wireless, and 5GHz would be dedicated to the XBox. But I'm only getting 13-14Mbps download. Both wired and wireless. I did get the full 26Mbps, and I've reset the router and XBox, I don't know what's cutting the speed down. I can't change the MTU speed, as it's already maxxed, and it comes up as 1480 on the XBox.

So, why are my speeds dropping 10Mbps for no reason?

ZMan2k2
06-14-2016, 08:00 PM
Wrong DNS settings. Corrected.