PDA

View Full Version : Interesting FPS in 2016

msommers
06-23-2016, 01:20 PM
I'm a big fan of FPS but haven't done much gaming at all lately for computer. Just curious what's out there or coming out that looks good. I like games like Doom, Crysis etc - something single player with some story would be better. The CODs I think really only shine in multiplayer and that's not what I'm looking for.

Not to answer my own question too much here but this one looks REALLY cool.

sgRdJmBa95o

captain134
06-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Well single player Doom has gotten really good reviews and feedback from what I have seen. You mentioned Doom but have you played the latest yet? I've enjoyed it so far.

Mitsu3000gt
06-23-2016, 01:45 PM
I pretty much stopped playing multiplayer FPS' because I can't find one with Canadian or dedicated private servers sortable by ping & game type, and there is always noticeable lag with shooting. 90% of the players are always from the USA and have 1/2 or 1/3 the ping haha. On top of that there are always hackers, which Steam can never control. Steam pretty much ruins every single FPS, and unfortunately they get to host most of them.

That being said Rainbow Six Siege is pretty sweet, and I think it has a single player mode. It's very involved and methodical if you like realistic games like that.

If you like the more fantasy stuff, Doom should be good and Quake is coming back.

The sniper game you posted looks pretty sweet, ill have to check it out.

msommers
06-23-2016, 01:47 PM
Doom AND Quake?

NICE!

Doom is "on sale" for $48 on Steam...so I got it...

Crazyjoker77
06-23-2016, 04:00 PM
Fallout 4 and GTA-V are two of my favourite games. Little bit older now but still tons of support for them. Both have VERY good single player story modes.

Gta5 is more commonly played as a third person shooter but it does have first person as an option.

Both games are easy to sink 100's of hours into.

Borderlands is always fun especially if you get someone to play Co-op with.

Farcry series is pretty entertaining as well.

Sentry
06-23-2016, 06:20 PM
I started playing CS again about 3 weeks ago. Hard to beat as far as multiplayer FPS' go.

HEART'S BEATIN
HANDS ARE SHAKIN