PDA

View Full Version : Places to Study?

elite
06-23-2016, 09:54 PM
Looking for a good place to go study for my courses on the weekends. As a non student, am I able to goto Sait/MRU/U of C to study? (although I am not sure how the internet access would work unless I can bring a ethernet cable and connect directly). Looking for a quiet environment so starbucks and such are pretty much out of the picture. The public library closes to early as well.

shakalaka
06-23-2016, 11:11 PM
You can go to the university library. I used to study in the law library and it is super quiet. Even the main library on some higher floors are fairly quiet. I don't recall what I did with the internet though. Go and check it out.

XylathaneGTR
06-23-2016, 11:11 PM
What's wrong with home?

silvercivicsir
06-23-2016, 11:26 PM
I found going to the office worked best for me.. less distractions, and no where really to sleep..

elite
06-24-2016, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
What's wrong with home?

Too many distractions haha. I tend to procrastinate so I'll end up mowing the lawn or something instead of studying.

elite
06-24-2016, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
You can go to the university library. I used to study in the law library and it is super quiet. Even the main library on some higher floors are fairly quiet. I don't recall what I did with the internet though. Go and check it out.

There's a few libraries but either they are closed on the weekends (law is) or close early. I'll have to go see if I can find an open room or something and just stay in there

jwslam
06-24-2016, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by elite

Too many distractions haha. I tend to procrastinate so I'll end up mowing the lawn or something instead of studying.
You're welcome to study at my house, I've also got plenty of lawn to mow =P

I'm fairly sure UC wireless needs student authentication. Not sure where you would find hard wiring stations.

dtrieu
06-24-2016, 08:56 AM
You can go to U of C, they have guest access to the wifi.

RealJimmyJames
06-24-2016, 08:57 AM
A&W and Mcdicks have free wifi. go early in the morning, have a coffee, and get out before the lunch rush.

elite
06-24-2016, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by dtrieu
You can go to U of C, they have guest access to the wifi.

Thanks I'll go check it out this weekend.

You're welcome to study at my house, I've also got plenty of lawn to mow =P

Hahah if you were a chick I would take you up on that offer and come "mow the lawn" :poosie:

Darkane
06-24-2016, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by elite

I hear you. I'm the same way with my current studies - I've come to a realization. I do my best work from 2-5pm and 8-10. I don't know why I just do. I'd love to study 8-12 in the morning but I just can't get into the groove.

Anyway I don't stress out if I don't study in the morning. Go and DO the other chores and study when you're ready.

Otherwise every other option suggested is solid. I've done some good studying waiting for my car to get aligned and detailed. The waiting rooms tend to be quiet lol.

gqmw
06-24-2016, 05:20 PM
I find the higher floors on TFDL pretty good for studying at UofC. And now that they have the free guest wifi, it's pretty decent.

K3RMiTdot
06-29-2016, 12:51 PM
I use to go to the public library in the mornings. usually pretty empty