PDA

View Full Version : Theft (aspen area)

nzwasp
06-25-2016, 09:18 PM
So during today sometime in the last 3 hours some thug went through both of my cars and my garage while I was at home bbqing with my family.

Stole some prescription sunglasses from my glovebox, and my suv's documentation (reg and insurance papers were in it).

Im pretty sure that my garage door openers were not in the cars because i use the link on the car to open the garage door but now I can find where I had them inside to make sure.

They also opened my deep freeze and stole the bread in there which is really fucking wierd.

Our house is not that isolated, we are on a corner on a busy ish street. Kids were playing out in the culdasac across from us and some people had been moving. I heard some other lady had her car rummaged through too.

ryder_23
06-25-2016, 11:36 PM
Car Prowlings are common. Report it even if its minor. That way police can use it to up presence in that area, or be able to get more officers hired, etc...

Not sure what you're looking for other then telling the story? Close ur garage cause car prowlings are massive in the subs?

nzwasp
06-26-2016, 07:18 AM
I ended up calling the cops as there were still people spotted checking handles and looking in cars. And when I took my dog for a walk there was a bunch of suspects sitting in a truck at the very end of my street. About 10 mins later 2 cruisers showed up and about 20 mins after that the police helicopter was circling. I don't know if they found anything but made me feel safer.

schocker
06-26-2016, 07:48 AM
Bread, wtf :rofl:

01RedDX
06-26-2016, 07:51 AM

nzwasp
06-26-2016, 10:44 AM
I really don't understand what they do with the registration and insurance part of it - ive read up on how to protect yourself from the insurance fraud - will be calling touchstone tomorrow morning.

Apparently its considered a break and enter since they went into my garage and other car in the garage. They did not take the registration and insurance from that car though.

Im still shocked this happened around 6pm though.

G
06-26-2016, 11:33 AM
Don't you live in Montreux? I never leave my garage doors open maybe it's just me not trusting people in general. Even when I mow my lawn I close the garage doors.

nickyh
06-26-2016, 12:42 PM
I'm paranoid every time my husband leaves the garage door open that someone will just walk in and take something - anything of real value we keep in the house anyway (mountain bikes). I also make sure thr garage door to the house is locked.
I always make sure the cars are locked in the garage and our garage door openers are on key fobs on our key chain so they cannot be left out in the car if they are left outside.

I heard Aspen Cliff estates was targeted the other night, really close to me.

nzwasp
06-26-2016, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by G
Don't you live in Montreux? I never leave my garage doors open maybe it's just me not trusting people in general. Even when I mow my lawn I close the garage doors.

Yes.

Apparently my case was a break and enter since they went into the Garage. I filed a report with an officer that came around at lunch time. She said they had arrested a bunch of people and a stolen truck in bowness that had been on a spree in this area. Unsure at this time if my contents is amongst what they found.

Originally posted by nickyh
I'm paranoid every time my husband leaves the garage door open that someone will just walk in and take something - anything of real value we keep in the house anyway (mountain bikes). I also make sure thr garage door to the house is locked.
I always make sure the cars are locked in the garage and our garage door openers are on key fobs on our key chain so they cannot be left out in the car if they are left outside.

I heard Aspen Cliff estates was targeted the other night, really close to me.

Yeah we use home link inside our cars, but the first thing I did was disable the pin pad and all openers/home link control - I will reset it up later. Perhaps not set it up on the highlander so I have to use the pin pad since my kia is always parked in the garage.

JohnnyHockey
06-26-2016, 01:44 PM
I'm confused, how did they get into your garage without making a racket? Did you leave a door or even the entire garage door open.

I grew up in Vancouver where property crime is 100 times what it is in Calgary and it always boggles my mind how people who grew up in Calgary or a smaller city/town have absolutely no common sense when it comes to things like this. ALWAYS close your doors and lock them if they're going to be left unattended. NEVER put your wallet and keys to your vehicles, by the door, I prefer to keep mine in our bedroom by the nightstand and for the love of God why do people in this city leave their wallets in their cars when they go a gym and then complain that their car got broken into and wallet stolen?!?!....I know you probably think you're safe in a nice fancy neigbourhood like Aspen but if I was a low life burglar, neighborhoods like yours would the first place I'd target...bunch of rich people with nice stuff with a false sense of security.

End of my asshole rants for the day..hope you learned your lesson.

By the way, don't feel bad...my fiancee, Calgary born and raised, likes to leave the doors of our house unlocked often and keeps her purse right by the door, all a burglar has to do is come up to our house, walk in, grab the purse and off they go. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Her brother's family in Panorama...same thing, garage door wide open all the time, front door never locked, keys and purses all close to the door...

nzwasp
06-26-2016, 03:57 PM
Well it happened during the day and i did have the garage door up because i was going in and out of it periodically, however even if it wasnt they could of just opened it from the car and its quite silent, can only hear it if you are specifically listening for it.

toastgremlin
06-27-2016, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
if I was a low life burglar, neighborhoods like yours would the first place I'd target...bunch of rich people with nice stuff with a false sense of security.

End of my asshole rants for the day..hope you learned your lesson. Comes from BC, knows a lot about robbing houses... someone call the police, I think we found our guy.

I think it might just be a Vancouver thing. My Island relatives leave everything unlocked and open constantly.

Sugarphreak
06-27-2016, 09:12 AM

roopi
06-27-2016, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Vancouver is insane for theft. If you leave your patio open on the 3rd floor, there is a good chance somebody will scale the wall and your apartment will get burgled before you get home. Anything at ground level without bars is a target as well.

Same goes for cars... if you leave anything in your car, even pop cans or water bottles; you are likely to have a smashed window for them. Even if you don't leave stuff in your car, they will still break in just in case you have some change in the glove box or ash tray. Some parking areas downtown are 100% guaranteed you will get broken into.

It is a totally different world in terms of theft

My uncle's car there would get broken into so often (window smashed) for the change in the ashtray that he just started leaving the door and ashtray open. Took everything out of the car so they could look and move on without doing any damage and costing him a new window on a regular basis.

rage2
06-27-2016, 09:47 AM
Ever since that damn train went in at 69th, crime has spiked in the Aspen and Montreux area
Had the same problem when Crowfoot station first opened back in '09. I live on the top of a hill, so it's way too much work to walk up it. Took 2 years before even the bottle pickers stopped coming because it's a lot of work walking to my area. :rofl:

nickyh
06-27-2016, 10:26 AM
all I can say is, I've never seen more cops patrolling the area than this weekend.

I had a heart attack as I drove by a cop doing more than the speed limit along 85th (my kid was having a melt down and I was not paying attention to my speed) just past Nawab and then saw the lights come on the patrol car. Thankfully she did not pull a u-turn and chase me down for 10 over.

Just wait until the LRT is supposed to extend to 93rd Street, then it will be in my backyard with vagrants. I'm a good 30min walk from the LRT right now.

nzwasp
06-27-2016, 11:21 AM
The only time I see cops in Montreaux is when I have called them.

ZenOps
06-27-2016, 11:29 AM
I'm paranoid. I lock up my keys and wallet at night. Yes, that involves getting a locked key cabinet. Biometric safe to store keys, is on the agenda.

Wallet also is electromagnetically shielded. You know, just in case aliens try to steal my card info.

colinxx235
06-27-2016, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by nickyh
all I can say is, I've never seen more cops patrolling the area than this weekend.

I had a heart attack as I drove by a cop doing more than the speed limit along 85th (my kid was having a melt down and I was not paying attention to my speed) just past Nawab and then saw the lights come on the patrol car. Thankfully she did not pull a u-turn and chase me down for 10 over.

Just wait until the LRT is supposed to extend to 93rd Street, then it will be in my backyard with vagrants. I'm a good 30min walk from the LRT right now.

I never speed down 85th anymore (assuming I'm paying attention) because of the greasy cop who sits on the entrance to that guys driveway on the west side of the road. Nothing like going from 60 to 50 with that big down hill dip just so you can be in his radar snipe spot.

And yah thefts are quite up in our area in general. My friend works the precinct and I see him way too much and he'll be like "ya bla bla, lots of break ins or alarms being tripped in the area"

nzwasp
06-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235

I never speed down 85th anymore (assuming I'm paying attention) because of the greasy cop who sits on the entrance to that guys driveway on the west side of the road. Nothing like going from 60 to 50 with that big down hill dip just so you can be in his radar snipe spot.

And yah thefts are quite up in our area in general. My friend works the precinct and I see him way too much and he'll be like "ya bla bla, lots of break ins or alarms being tripped in the area"

I saw a cop in that drive way last week - first time I'd seen that - I bet the owner of the property hasnt given them permission to do that either.

nickyh
06-27-2016, 12:25 PM
I've seen enough animals through that section to not speed there (between Mystic Ridge to Lower Springbank), after I crest the hill and head past the shopping center I may be going with the flow of traffic.

Off topic, we've even seen them using driveways along 101st Street.

ZeroGravity
06-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Kind of related but not in the same neighborhood. I'm in Tuscany. There were at least two people that went through the street and checked car doors around 4 am of Saturday.

Normally I delete all those line crossing email notifications I get. But I "luckily" pressed it the wrong way and end up viewing it. Saw someone standing by my car. So went back and checked my security camera footage thinking it was one guy, but saw that there was a second person checking cars on the other side of the street.

colinxx235
06-27-2016, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by nzwasp

I saw a cop in that drive way last week - first time I'd seen that - I bet the owner of the property hasnt given them permission to do that either.

I'd say he is there about 2-3 times a week now. He got my brother a few months back. My dad has had some close calls. Thankfully the family always sends out a group warning text cause we all live in the area and drive a lot :rofl:

In 4 years I have never once seen that home owners gate open so I don't know how much he goes in/out but I would be pretty pissed off if I was trying to use that exit and he was setup with a vehicle pulled over. Cause Last week he had a black F150 there and nothing would be going in or out.

I've never seen on 101st thankfully, but I'm always going 17th ave south to the golf course. Otherwise I could have gotten a nasty one many times

nzwasp
06-27-2016, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by ZeroGravity
Kind of related but not in the same neighborhood. I'm in Tuscany. There were at least two people that went through the street and checked car doors around 4 am of Saturday.

Normally I delete all those line crossing email notifications I get. But I "luckily" pressed it the wrong way and end up viewing it. Saw someone standing by my car. So went back and checked my security camera footage thinking it was one guy, but saw that there was a second person checking cars on the other side of the street.

What kind of cameras do you use?

I used to use a foscam just in my window but the wind blowing on the trees would trigger it more than anything.

NoSup4U
06-27-2016, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235

I'd say he is there about 2-3 times a week now. He got my brother a few months back. My dad has had some close calls. Thankfully the family always sends out a group warning text cause we all live in the area and drive a lot :rofl:

In 4 years I have never once seen that home owners gate open so I don't know how much he goes in/out but I would be pretty pissed off if I was trying to use that exit and he was setup with a vehicle pulled over. Cause Last week he had a black F150 there and nothing would be going in or out.

I've never seen on 101st thankfully, but I'm always going 17th ave south to the golf course. Otherwise I could have gotten a nasty one many times

I'm kind of glad he has been setting up there TBH. The amount of vehicles that are doing 70+ through there and driving over the "center line" is unreal. Surprises me I have only seen one accident in 6 years of driving it almost daily.

In regards to the crime, this was existing in this area even before the 69th station. It never fails, once the snow has melted, I will always see a group traveling through Discovery on motorized pedal bikes, and part and parcel, we start to hear about prowlings again.

ZeroGravity
06-27-2016, 01:58 PM

What kind of cameras do you use?

I used to use a foscam just in my window but the wind blowing on the trees would trigger it more than anything.

I have a hikvision 3mp dome cam installed on the soffit of the garage overhang. These few months i'm getting quite a bit of line cross triggers due to the shadow my tree is casting during certain hours of the day. For motion, I set it to not send notification. Just trigger the event and record the video and I only look at it if I need to.

nzwasp
06-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ZeroGravity

I have a hikvision 3mp dome cam installed on the soffit of the garage overhang. These few months i'm getting quite a bit of line cross triggers due to the shadow my tree is casting during certain hours of the day. For motion, I set it to not send notification. Just trigger the event and record the video and I only look at it if I need to.

You aren't worried about thugs ripping it off your soffit? I guess you would get a pretty clear picture before that happened.

ZeroGravity
06-27-2016, 03:56 PM

You aren't worried about thugs ripping it off your soffit? I guess you would get a pretty clear picture before that happened.

Worried? Yes. But that's the best I can do myself :P

I guess they can get to it by stepping up onto those city garbage carts I have placed near that area. I did re-enforced the sturdy-ness of the install by adding a slab of wood on the other side of the soffit with the same cutout holes for the camera template. So the bolts clamp the wood slab and the camera together with the soffit in between.

With your foscam inside the window, does it work at night with IR?

nzwasp
06-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Yes it does however foscam being the shitty brand it is the camera died one day and doesnt work anymore. It was the 2nd foscam of the same type to die on me.

Im thinking of getting one of these https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01E7QO3AA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=38W52JF1CHKJA&coliid=I15S9XWJOXLQOM&psc=1

And mounting it to the upper soffit or just the garage soffit, unsure. Need to figure out the best way to get ingress to the basement too.

JohnnyHockey
06-27-2016, 04:33 PM
Ever since that damn train went in at 69th, crime has spiked in the Aspen and Montreux area

Access to the train is great, but fuck those assholes at Calgary Transit for not coming up with a system to keep vagrants off of it. These are so many sketchy people on it all the time and hardly any enforcement for tickets.

I don't like to stereotype people, but every so often you see some guy get off the train with his little walking cart and then he goes and wanders through the nicer neighborhoods like a sore thumb taking lots of time to peer into open garages and through windows. You just know he is waiting for an opportunity to steal something.

There should be turnstiles at the bare minimum with monitored cameras on them so they can quickly get on top off people that jump it.

Vancouver is insane for theft. If you leave your patio open on the 3rd floor, there is a good chance somebody will scale the wall and your apartment will get burgled before you get home. Anything at ground level without bars is a target as well.

Same goes for cars... if you leave anything in your car, even pop cans or water bottles; you are likely to have a smashed window for them. Even if you don't leave stuff in your car, they will still break in just in case you have some change in the glove box or ash tray. Some parking areas downtown are 100% guaranteed you will get broken into.

It is a totally different world in terms of theft

Not kidding. .in Vancouver parkades especially downtown. ..you leave your cars unlocked or Windows down just so the druggies don't break your windows..

C_Dave45
06-27-2016, 06:16 PM
Well it happened during the day and i did have the garage door up because i was going in and out of it periodically, however even if it wasnt they could of just opened it from the car and its quite silent, can only hear it if you are specifically listening for it.
I can't count how many times I've left my garage door wide open, with the lights ON, overnight!! We live beside a park and around the corner from a Macs and liquor store. Bikes, tools, compressor all in plain site. If I'm working in the yard or around the house, both doors are always wide open all day long.
Last night I left my mountain bike in the driveway, leaning up against the house.

Haven't been hit yet with any theft.

Sugarphreak
06-27-2016, 06:24 PM

nzwasp
06-27-2016, 08:02 PM
This is probably the culprits
http://i.imgur.com/YatSwxo.jpg

speedog
06-27-2016, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
I'm paranoid. I lock up my keys and wallet at night. Yes, that involves getting a locked key cabinet. Biometric safe to store keys, is on the agenda.

Wallet also is electromagnetically shielded. You know, just in case aliens try to steal my card info.
How many tin foil hats do you wear at one time?

speedog
06-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

I can't count how many times I've left my garage door wide open, with the lights ON, overnight!! We live beside a park and around the corner from a Macs and liquor store. Bikes, tools, compressor all in plain site. If I'm working in the yard or around the house, both doors are always wide open all day long.
Last night I left my mountain bike in the driveway, leaning up against the house.

Haven't been hit yet with any theft.
This, kids leave the garage door open (alley facing) and I'll discover it in the morning but nothing ever disappears. Tools, bikes, fishing gear, bottle/cans - maybe there is something to not living in suburbia.

zain568
07-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Had my car broken into this morning around 5:30am in Aspen Summits Circle. Guy took off with my backpack, wallet, iphone and beats headphones. Must have left the car unlocked as the door was open when I saw it.
Debit card was used around 6 am at the 7-11 on Springborough Blvd and 615 at Macs on Sirocco Dr, both times to buy $80 prepaid visa cards. I've already filed a police report and blocked all the cards.

Got a few shots of the guy from the store security camera if anyone sees him roaming around.

http://i.imgur.com/TYFt1ZD.jpg?1
This link debrokeified by A790. When you want your links working, choose A790!

JohnnyHockey
07-08-2016, 04:34 PM
That sucks. .but again. ..why is your wallet in your car? ????

R154
07-08-2016, 04:41 PM
How did he get your pin!?

zain568
07-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Normally don't leave the wallet in the car and also lock it...but not last night.

It was a scotiabank debit card with tap. I think the limit with that is $100 at gas stations.

NoSup4U
07-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by zain568
Had my car broken into this morning around 5:30am in Aspen Summits Circle. Guy took off with my backpack, wallet, iphone and beats headphones. Must have left the car unlocked as the door was open when I saw it.
Debit card was used around 6 am at the 7-11 on Springborough Blvd and 615 at Macs on Sirocco Dr, both times to buy $80 prepaid visa cards. I've already filed a police report and blocked all the cards.

Got a few shots of the guy from the store security camera if anyone sees him roaming around.

http://i.imgur.com/TYFt1ZD.jpg?1
This link debrokeified by A790. When you want your links working, choose A790!

Have you attempted Find My iPhone at least?

Also, that 7-11 doesn't have the tap feature on debit (Or at least for CIBC...I stop there 4-5 times a week for my energy drink fix).....so how did this POS manage to purchase on your debit card? You need to ask your bank WTF is up with that.

And because I watch a lot of Criminal Minds and SVU.....based on wearing a back pack, and stopping at stores along the train line, I would conclude he is taking transit....maybe contact Calgary Transit as their security cams are probably going to be of much higher quality and ability of tracking :poosie:

zain568
07-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Tried that but either no network on the phone or find my phone might have been turned off.

Bank said both times tap was used and they opened their investigation to look into it. I also suspected he took the transit, went to Sirocco station right by the Macs and checked with couple peace officers there but no luck.

Hopefully police can track him down or I'll keep checking kijiji if he tries selling the phone.

Thaco
07-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by R154
How did he get your pin!? thats why it was $80, Tap works for anything under $100

nzwasp
06-05-2018, 01:48 AM
Woke up ten mins ago to hawcs circling my neighbourhood and two patrol cars driving with no lights at about 5km an hour up and down the street. One neighbor had seen a guy prowling their car and others on the street and had called 911. So be vigilint if you live in the classy west. I wish I had a PIR alarm on my car if someone tried opening the handle it would play a light alarm and flash lights on the car or something.

CMW403
06-05-2018, 02:05 AM
Woke up ten mins ago to hawcs circling my neighbourhood and two patrol cars driving with no lights at about 5km an hour up and down the street. One neighbor had seen a guy prowling their car and others on the street and had called 911. So be vigilint if you live in the classy west. I wish I had a PIR alarm on my car if someone tried opening the handle it would play a light alarm and flash lights on the car or something.

This is all day stuff man, hawcs are pretty much always out.

Thaco
06-05-2018, 07:08 AM

nothing to do with "classy west" happens everywhere, seems every few days at least someone is checking door handles around me, my neighbor had his truck prowled a couple days ago... i just kep everything locked and put in a $0.10 flashy blue led in my front window, its kept my stuff safe for a few years now.

bigbadboss101
06-05-2018, 07:30 AM
Now I always close my garage door unless I am only away for 2 minutes. If we park our cars outside we take the remotes in. We don't program the in-car remotes. Might sound a bit uptight but better to be safe. After reading couple threads I am tempted to but a few security cameras, and buy a Louisville slugger. I had given away my Mikens and Demarinis to my nephew :-)

nzwasp
06-05-2018, 08:15 AM
Now I always close my garage door unless I am only away for 2 minutes. If we park our cars outside we take the remotes in. We don't program the in-car remotes. Might sound a bit uptight but better to be safe. After reading couple threads I am tempted to but a few security cameras, and buy a Louisville slugger. I had given away my Mikens and Demarinis to my nephew :-)

Yeah I stopped programming the in-car remote for the car I always park outside. I have a video camera from costco mounted to the outside of my house but im unsure it has been really that effective, I just make sure I lock the car and close the garage door each night although Im often away for travel and I dont think my wife is that diligent about it as I am.

SJW
06-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Yeah I stopped programming the in-car remote for the car I always park outside. I have a video camera from costco mounted to the outside of my house but im unsure it has been really that effective, I just make sure I lock the car and close the garage door each night although Im often away for travel and I dont think my wife is that diligent about it as I am.

I installed the MyQ garage door monitor. It auto shuts the garage at a set time period. So if I forget it'll shut by itself. It also sends messages as to when door opens/closes to my phone. It's worth getting.

benyl
06-05-2018, 10:43 AM
It's been going on for a while in Aspen. Last time it was a crew of kids that lived in the area that were bored. Got busted by the cops one night.

Cars always go in the garage for this reason. I have zip tied the quick release on the garage door because the top panel is windowed (architectural requirement). I lock the garage to house door every night just to make it harder to get in my house. I also leave the keys in my F150 to give them incentive to steal just my truck, fuck off and not come in my house.

Disoblige
06-05-2018, 10:50 AM
With debit, I rather disable tap so I don't have to worry about any transactions done there. Credit seems easier to reverse than debit.

schurchill39
06-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Lent a buddy my Makita chop saw and that night his truck got broken into in Aspen. Took the saw, his jacket, a battery charger, sunglasses, but left all the change.

nzwasp
11-02-2019, 10:11 AM
Seems like car prowling is still a near nightly occurrence in my neighborhood and usually the police do nothing but I just drove past a cop fingerprinting a car, never seen or heard of that happening before here.

Masked Bandit
11-02-2019, 10:16 AM
My guess is that car prowling in general has always been common, it's just that now with the proliferation of self monitored home video systems we as a society are more aware of it. The old "ignorance is bliss" thing was happening before I suspect.

Star1995
11-02-2019, 03:27 PM
My guess is that car prowling in general has always been common, it's just that now with the proliferation of self monitored home video systems we as a society are more aware of it. The old "ignorance is bliss" thing was happening before I suspect.

Exactly this, before I installed the cameras I knew nothing, now I see on average once every two weeks someone is checking cars.

89coupe
11-02-2019, 03:51 PM
I’ve lived in Aspen since 2011 and haven’t experienced any crime yet.

We had a neighbor though who had his truck stolen right from his garage, crazy!

My garage has a switch for the power, so I turn it off anytime we aren’t home.

I feel pretty safe in our community.

I love our Safeway, probably the nicest grocery store in Calgary it seems haha.

Nismorphed
11-02-2019, 04:58 PM
Sounds like when our place got robbed they took all the frozen chicken breast out of our deep freeze.

ExtraSlow
11-02-2019, 05:05 PM
I love our Safeway, probably the nicest grocery store in Calgary it seems haha. I'm too low class to live out there. If I'm running errands and something takes me out that way, usually visiting a beyonder, I make sure to drive at least halfway home before I shop for groceries or anything.

rx7boi
11-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Friends of ours in Killarney had their BBQ propane tank stolen from their townhome.

Tough times all around haha.

Tik-Tok
11-02-2019, 05:36 PM
Two days after I made a comment in another thread about how "I ALWAYS lock my truck at night", I came home tipsy and forgot. Sure enough I was prowled, and they stole a jacket and my lunch kit. I'm more upset about the lunch kit than the jacket.

Of course this is why I don't keep valuables in my truck though.

The_Penguin
11-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Two days after I made a comment in another thread about how "I ALWAYS lock my truck at night", I came home tipsy and forgot. Sure enough I was prowled, and they stole a jacket and my lunch kit. I'm more upset about the lunch kit than the jacket.

Of course this is why I don't keep valuables in my truck though.

Yeah funny how that works. I mouthed off about never leaving stuff in your car and always locking it. 2 days later, a rare occasion my car was outside for 2 nights. Forgot that a new drill and some driver bits in a bag in the front seat. I know it was locked when I came in, as I'm programmed to always lock. Probably a pocket fob unlock. Sure enough one morning, drill gone, sunglasses gone, a few toonies and quarters. It could have been worse. Have video of it, but dark guy, dark hoodie, not usable.

nzwasp
11-04-2019, 09:21 AM
I installed the MyQ garage door monitor. It auto shuts the garage at a set time period. So if I forget it'll shut by itself. It also sends messages as to when door opens/closes to my phone. It's worth getting.

I have this but I cant get it to connect to my Wifi

Tik-Tok
11-05-2019, 06:51 PM
And now karma bit me in the ass twice (in one instance). I actually did leave something valuable in the truck that I didn't notice until just now, my Blackbear Performance EFILive Autocal, which they fucking took (and I didn't notice until just now)

MPowered
11-06-2019, 07:06 AM

You can also set an alert if you left it open for more than a set period of time, say 20 mins.

schurchill39
11-06-2019, 01:54 PM

I bought one a while ago and couldn't get it, or the one I got when I returned it, to connect either. If you can get them to connect I hear they are awesome but I've had the same shitty luck as you.